AVS Forum banner

1101 - 1120 of 2092 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Wasn't able to find it so I figured that I would ask. Can this tv passthrough Atmos from the Apple TV app, vudu, netflix through ARC to either a receiver or sound bar?

·
Registered
171 Posts
hoping some more folks will chime in on their favorite settings

Here is the problem with using other peoples setting.... Everyones eyes are different and thus sees colors and sharpness differently.

I've tried the C/Net setting and those listed here and did not like any of them.

Let your own eyes set the TV up, not what looks good to someone else.

My buddy paid $300 for a pro calibration and he hated the look. Two days later he set it back to his liking.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wasn't able to find it so I figured that I would ask. Can this tv passthrough Atmos from the Apple TV app, vudu, netflix through ARC to either a receiver or sound bar?
Yes Atmos works via ARC.
I only have Netflix from your list of apps but the others should works as well.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Can somebody else try the test patterns show on Netflix, first episode? Let it load to full bandwidth and 4k(it says in the top right) and see you have the two bars go through the middle picture in a pattern like I posted above?

Thin line Above her forehead and broader one over her mouth

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just bought the 625, being delivered in a few hours.
One question, it looks like this TV does not have bluetooth. What would you recommend to connect to a bluetooth soundbar ?
Right now I’m using an amazon fire tv , its bluetooth is excellent with no lag, but I would like to just use the tv roku smart capabilities.
Thanks in advance for any suggestion/experience.

—stoppa

·
Registered
633 Posts
hoping some more folks will chime in on their favorite settings

Here is the problem with using other peoples setting.... Everyones eyes are different and thus sees colors and sharpness differently.

I've tried the C/Net setting and those listed here and did not like any of them.

Let your own eyes set the TV up, not what looks good to someone else.

My buddy paid $300 for a pro calibration and he hated the look. Two days later he set it back to his liking.
Yes you are correct. It's just a starting point. The only thing CNET changed from factory defaults is the Contrast that's it.

·
Registered
633 Posts
So my first question is if anyone has the 65" variant how is the 65" any problems? I have the 55" and I have 10 days to think about upgrading to the 65". I heard the 65" has more probems. I really haven't had any problems on my 55". I just want a bigger TV.

Also when I select auto detect in the audio menu it screws up the syncing of voices from time to time. Now I have a 5.1 setup. My receiver does Dolby Digital Plus and True HD but the receiver does not do Atmos.

Should I select Audio Passthrough? Is that only for Atmos receivers or soundbars or should I select the option DD+ plus DTS? Thanks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
It looks like Costco is going to be the goto place to buy these once Black Friday rolls around. Here's images from their Black Friday and December coupon books showing the 55R625 for $399 and the 65R625 for $599 "limit 3 per customer"

Yeah those are the 2018 models, the R617's. Or R615's whatever Costco's specific models are. Good prices though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
2019 TCL 6-Series QLED R625 (55" & 65") Owners Thread (No Price Talk)

Yeah those are the 2018 models, the R617's. Or R615's whatever Costco's specific models are. Good prices though.

They are R613’s at Costco. But they do have the voice remote like the R617 unlike Best Buy’s R615.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well, you never know but that was what I thought at first until I thought about the specs. Last year's models had "CMI 120" claimed refresh rate, but this year has "240 Natural Motion" like both model specs shown.

But, of course it would not be the first time that Costco mixed up the text in advance advertising.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I made a video of the image processing issue, Video link and documented the frame-by-frame of the motion issue that makes motion looks smeared. You can see how smooth shapes are getting posterized with sharp edges, losing gradiation of tones.

Don't know what to look at in the pic but that video that has some weird horizontal banding bleedthrough or what not at 500 and 1000 looks hella weird. What test was that and what exactly was that?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Don't know what to look at in the pic but that video that has some weird horizontal banding bleedthrough or what not at 500 and 1000 looks hella weird. What test was that and what exactly was that?

I don't know, tcl has some image processing that you cannot turn off that is getting twisted with repeating patterns somehow.

On the pic, it's hard to tell but you can see that the gradients are the becoming blobs of color in some parts of the image. This happens with motion on the 625 but only with specific tones and changes which is why I think people have been reporting inconsistent motion issues. I don't know if the two issues are related

Oh, the test is the show test patterns on Netflix, let it load until 4k and 15000kbs at 10bit(says on the top right)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Considering either hisense h9f or tcl r625.
Picture and Blacks seem better on the tcl. Motion seems better on the H9F.
Is motion really an issue on the tcl r625?

Another separate question. Are dirty screen effects a big problem with this tv?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I’ve got some weird shadowing that’s just started with my 65” 6 series. It’s not dse, but something else. The shadows change in size and location from incident to incident. It goes away if I power cycle the tv. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I’ve got some weird shadowing that’s just started with my 65” 6 series. It’s not dse, but something else. The shadows change in size and location from incident to incident. It goes away if I power cycle the tv. Any ideas? Thanks.

Yikes, you need to return that thing. looks like dse to me

1101 - 1120 of 2092 Posts