AVS Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 1047 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
What is that effect? Not heard of it, but I have picture issues where the 4K content seem , idk, unrealistic - or something. Thx
I guess similar to that....looks to smooth and unrealistic like as if it was recorded on your phone. The settings all change from mode to mode...either make sure your on movie mode or if your not. Or also go to picture settings and make sure action smoothing, action clarity, and LED motion clarity are all off. These settings look great with nature shows and sports but not with movies.

If that doesn't work do a full factory reset...thats what our problem was before and it fixed it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I guess similar to that....looks to smooth and unrealistic like as if it was recorded on your phone. The settings all change from mode to mode...either make sure your on movie mode or if your not. Or also go to picture settings and make sure action smoothing, action clarity, and LED motion clarity are all off. These settings look great with nature shows and sports but not with movies.

If that doesn't work do a full factory reset...thats what our problem was before and it fixed it.
I have always had a mix of rtings and cnet settings - but always movie, warm, all processing off, brightness 50, color 45 sharpness 20, gamma 2.2 , I then adjust backlight , but usually have it around 80 .

One thing I have noticed recently, is that an exact same show on Netflix using Xbox One shows up as Dolby Vision , but through the native app does not . Any ideas why ? Thx

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have always had a mix of rtings and cnet settings - but always movie, warm, all processing off, brightness 50, color 45 sharpness 20, gamma 2.2 , I then adjust backlight , but usually have it around 80 .

One thing I have noticed recently, is that an exact same show on Netflix using Xbox One shows up as Dolby Vision , but through the native app does not . Any ideas why ? Thx
Well have you tried other shows because Dolby Vision is displaying for almost everything I've watched via the native Netflix app.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well have you tried other shows because Dolby Vision is displaying for almost everything I've watched via the native Netflix app.
Exact same show - Lucifer - I have the extra brightness setting with the Dolby sign when using xbox, but not native app. No big deal , I guess, just odd.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think I got mine fixed. I had initially reset the TV because it wasnt turning on for me. Since I got the TV everything had worked great. I reset the TV then SO effect wouldn't go away. I reset it and set it up 3 times and finally it looks like it is working correctly. I have the app too that gets into the expert settings and before I reset it, it was working good. Since the resets the app works but once I try expert settings the app hangs and freezes the phone. I've even gone backwards on version numbers of the app and still no good

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Man...I'm watching King Kong and it's all soap opera again...this is getting annoying and I don't want to factory reset and redo all my streaming apps .....its on showtime and very obvious motion smoothing!

·
Registered
995 Posts
I’m sure this in on here but I can’t nfind it; going to post in TV’s thread too (TCL 65R615 and TCL R75-615). Should AppleTV 4 be set to HDR or DV for streaming Netflix, ESPN and Prime Video? I have it set at HDR now with matching content set to on. Is this correct? Any other settings I need to know? I use AppleTV more because of better PQ despite finicky remote. Voice remote is best I’ve seen tho.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Man...I'm watching King Kong and it's all soap opera again...this is getting annoying and I don't want to factory reset and redo all my streaming apps .....its on showtime and very obvious motion smoothing!
Believe me I know it sucks factory resetting things but mine hasn't come back. Maybe reset it, unplug it from the wall for the night and reset it all back up tomorrow. Mine hasn't reared its head since I did the last reset. I'm wondering if it could be from the last FW update they did?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
UHD Addict
37,462 Posts
Any rumors on when the new sets are coming out ?
No idea. But at Best Buy you can already purchase the new sets. And it shows September 11th as the first day available for delivery for me. For the 75" 6 series. Model 75R635.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Ok so I started having this problem which started yesterday. I can't seem to stop my tcl from having the soap opera effect.
This has happened to me a couple times in the past week or two. First it did it when we started watching an episode of Stranger Things on Netflix. I checked the menu several times, even though I knew I already had all that crap turned off.

I thought that maybe it was something that was baked into the show, but then I did a Google search and saw some articles where the producers of Stranger Things were actually begging viewers to turn off motion smoothing on their TV's, so I figured it must be a glitch. I put up with it until the episode was over, but after that I did the button combo for a system reset and it went back to normal.

I thought maybe it was a one off, but then a couple days ago when we were watching the 90's movie "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" on Hulu it was doing it again. Again the menus were no help, and I had to do a reset to fix it.

1021 - 1040 of 1047 Posts