AVS Forum banner

1041 - 1047 of 1047 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ok so I started having this problem which started yesterday. I can't seem to stop my tcl from having the soap opera effect. I reset to factory settings the other day as it wasn't responding to the remote commands. Fine. Got it set all up and it will not stop the SO effect. All enhancements are off, ..smoothing, clarity, game mode motion clarity all off. From the app I have it set to movie more, 2.2 gamma, color normal. Ive unplugged the TV but nothing stops the effect. I can't stand the look. Should I reset it again? Am I missing something?
There is a thread in the Roku forum where they are asking for information to help in solving this problem.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
My TCL 75R615 has been performing flawlessly since I purchased it 3 months ago.

I have it set to default to the HDMI/ARC input so upon start up, it displays my satellite TV broadcast (that's going through an AVR).

For the past few mornings when I turn it on, I notice the status indicator continues to give a slow pulsing blink for about 30-60 seconds after the TV appears to be fully booted and performing normally. I'd just assumed it was updating software or an app. Nothing else seems abnormal while the light is pulsing. After it does this, I've occasionally checked the update screen, and the last update remains August 8 12:08 am. It indicates the last check was just a couple minutes after I turned on the TV, so I assume it checks every time it's powered up. I've never paid attention to this previously.

This morning, when I turned it on, it did not do the prolonged slow blinking, but turned on as usual and began displaying the satellite broadcast like usual. Then after a few seconds, the screen went black followed by the TCL red logo screen. It stayed on this screen for several seconds and acted like it was rebooting. It then appropriately went to the correct input and began displaying the satellite image like usual. Once again, the last update remains August 8 12:08 am, and the last check was this morning. I will note the uptime says 4 minutes. (I don't know if that resets every time the TV is power cycled or if it's supposed to correspond to the firmware version life. I've not paid attention to this previously.)

I'm assuming what happened this morning is that the TV rebooted, but I don't know why.

All my settings were retained including picture settings.

I do not have Fast TV Start enabled.

Software version: 9.3.0
Build: 4194-30

·
Registered
995 Posts
Does anyone know the Directv remote control pairing code for the TCL 75-615R? It was never setup when Directv swapped receivers but I found a sticky note with unreadable instructions and the code 11756. TIA for any help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is a thread in the Roku forum where they are asking for information to help in solving this problem.

Which Roku forum are you referring to? I am having the same issue. It is bad enough that my wife noticed it. I have noticed on tv/streaming and while playing ps4. It makes playing certain games impossible. I keep going back and checking the settings and everything is off.

What is the remote button sequence to reset that was mentioned?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just ordered on of these TVs from Best Buy Canada (price was right as I think they are pushing them out for the new model). I am also planning to get a receiver for it. Does anyone have any experience with ARC and CEC and receivers. As in, which brand of receivers will CEC (if any) work with this TV.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just ordered on of these TVs from Best Buy Canada (price was right as I think they are pushing them out for the new model). I am also planning to get a receiver for it. Does anyone have any experience with ARC and CEC and receivers. As in, which brand of receivers will CEC (if any) work with this TV.
I'm using it with a Pioneer VSX-LX304 and the CEC works fine.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm using it with a Pioneer VSX-LX304 and the CEC works fine.

And ARC works fine as well, passes Dolby Atmos just fine.

1041 - 1047 of 1047 Posts