AVS Forum banner

181 - 200 of 2620 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
So consensus seems to be that this is definitely a worthy successor to the PQ65? For only $400 more than what I paid for the PQ65 I'm thinking I will return it to Costco and order the PX65.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Strange for them to say "while supplies last." Since it takes an estimated 7-10 days for the TV to ship, I bet they don't even have stock. Even Vizio's website says "pre-order" for the 75".

I seriously doubt a single 75" PQX has made it to an end customer yet...and I thought I read somewhere that stock wasn't expected until August.

Availability of the higher-end Vizio TVs seems to be sketchy and unpredictable going back to the 2016 P-series.
Mine came from Costco last week.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Did you view the TV from below center? My viewing position is about 7.5 feet away from the TV with my eyes about 2 feet lower than the center of the TV. I am wonder how it will be. I have Samsung KS8000 now and there is not much, if even noticeable, difference from straight center vs where I am viewing it.
You are comparing 2 different TVs with completely different output technologies.

Also sitting lower has no benefit for viewing angles. Odds are you have already lost some of the image integrity by sitting lower and possibly don't know what to look for. The KS8000 is edge lit and produces horrible black levels so it won't give a perspective of what FALD looks like.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you set it up and put it into use yet? Any feedback?
This tv is going into our new house we were supposed to move into this past weekend, but unfortunately our move-in date got pushed back a few weeks and the wife won't let me open it just to pack it away for the move again. Once I get it up and running, I'll post some feedback.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Who in the world uses the built in apps? Seriously, get an apple tv, nvidia shield, roku, or fire tv. That's such an odd thing to be worried about.

The mobile app for Vizio is incredible as far as adjusting picture settings etc.
People who own TVs that actually have great in-app platforms...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Rtings early access is up full review will be out on the 4th. Definitely looks like the gradient performance is not among the best.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Rtings early access is up full review will be out on the 4th. Definitely looks like the gradient performance is not among the best.
Disappointing but I wouldn't rule out a firmware fix. Especially since they addressed it for the 2018 Quantum

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
What HDMI spec does the Quantum X have, and what features?

·
Registered
60 Posts
We hope to publish it on the 4th, but that might not happen, as we haven't finalized our review yet. With the early access numbers, keep in mind that without the context of our text, some of the numbers might seem strange.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
It isn't 2.1 if that is what you are asking.
Didn't think so, and that is what I was asking, thanks. They don't list anything about it on their site other than number of ports.

Does it have any ALLM or VRR capabilities? Know the input lag numbers?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Didn't think so, and that is what I was asking, thanks. They don't list anything about it on their site other than number of ports.

Does it have any ALLM or VRR capabilities? Know the input lag numbers?

Don't own one. Just been researching for possible purchase. Don't think there is ALLM or VRR. Everything will be revealed very soon from the RTINGS.com review according to @ababcock in the post above.

Reactions: Stuntman_Mike

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Thanks! Guess I can scratch off my list of potentials.
Variable refresh rate processing usually adds latency, so professional or semi-pro gamers don't use it. Auto low latency would be a nice quality of life feature, however is not a deal breaker as the PQX does come with customizable picture modes(including a game mode). It is very easy to switch between based on what you want to do. I would suggest prioritizing more important factors instead of the less trivial.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Variable refresh rate processing usually adds latency, so professional or semi-pro gamers don't use it. Auto low latency would be a nice quality of life feature, however is not a deal breaker as the PQX does come with customizable picture modes(including a game mode). It is very easy to switch between based on what you want to do. I would suggest prioritizing more important factors instead of the less trivial.
Not trivial at all. Low input lag is a must, but so is stutter free and screen tear free images, which is kind of luck of the draw unless you engage some kind of vsync, which adds lag. ALLM is just a QoL feature to be honest.

I prioritize PQ, relative longevity (burn-in), features for gaming, and acceptable, IMO, future proofing. I'll wait on those boxes to be ticked for my purchase.

181 - 200 of 2620 Posts