AVS Forum banner

2581 - 2600 of 2620 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Mine went back to costco.ca right away as the thin lines visible in many scenes like 37:40 into the Aquaman 4k disc made it unusable to me.

Too bad, because it looked and seemed to work flawlessly otherwise.......crazy picture quality. If they come out with lines on their tv's this year I will never consider them again. I am expecting to see the same lines......but will likely try the 85" because that is the only 85 that has the high performance features and spec's that I want. The regular 2019 65" P I had also went back with the line issue. My 2016 P65-C1 does not have lines.

Vizio, please release new 2020/21 "models"...........NOT a 2020/21 "Line-Up".

:)
The lines you are talking about is called vertical banding. It is also referred as DSE (Dirty Screen Effect). It's an issue that is inherent with all flat screen LED/LCD panels from all brands. It is caused by the manufacturing process. Nobody has figured out a way to prevent it. It is cometely random on the severity. Some are worse than others. You can play the lottery game, but don't ever expect to get a perfect panel as they do not exist. Vizio does have their own set of issues like all brands do, but DSE is not unique to the company so blaming them for it is naive.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Mine went back to costco.ca right away as the thin lines visible in many scenes like 37:40 into the Aquaman 4k disc made it unusable to me.

Too bad, because it looked and seemed to work flawlessly otherwise.......crazy picture quality. If they come out with lines on their tv's this year I will never consider them again. I am expecting to see the same lines......but will likely try the 85" because that is the only 85 that has the high performance features and spec's that I want. The regular 2019 65" P I had also went back with the line issue. My 2016 P65-C1 does not have lines.

Vizio, please release new 2020/21 "models"...........NOT a 2020/21 "Line-Up".

/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
The lines you are talking about is called vertical banding. It is also referred as DSE (Dirty Screen Effect). It's an issue that is inherent with all flat screen LED/LCD panels from all brands. It is caused by the manufacturing process. Nobody has figured out a way to prevent it. It is cometely random on the severity. Some are worse than others. You can play the lottery game, but don't ever expect to get a perfect panel as they do not exist. Vizio does have their own set of issues like all brands do, but DSE is not unique to the company so blaming them for it is naive.
Exactly!!! Sony’s brand new 900H is plagued by DSE also!!!

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Actually, there is a tech currently being used by Sony that replaces human by eye QC of panels. Its reserved for its flagship displays(ie.Z9F/G/H and A8/9H).

http://olednet.com/cybernet-de...-mura-correction-oled-display/

Mura correction would be a great tool for Vizio to put to use. Their panel QC team , needs better support.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Actually, there is a tech currently being used by Sony that replaces human by eye QC of panels. Its reserved for its flagship displays(ie.Z9F/G/H and A8/9H).

http://olednet.com/cybernet-de...-mura-correction-oled-display/

Mura correction would be a great tool for Vizio to put to use. Their panel QC team , needs better support.

The link is broken. I'm sure it is just a Cherry picking method that targets panels with the least DSE, but I highly doubt they are perfect. I have never seen one.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hello, All! I have both a 75” and 65” Quantum X purchased last summer (July 2019). I have a random shut down problem with both: the led lights hang up and some of the zones don’t shut down. I have to turn the TV back on, wait a few seconds to finish booting, then turn it off. It never hangs up twice when I do this. It’s random enough to say it’s not persistent, yet has happened enough times to start trying to find a solution. I waited to complain hoping that a FW would fix this issue, but no fix has been seen. However, I’m not really finding any other people seeing the same issue. Anyone out there with this problem?

I don’t uses CEC for any device, and I have Control4 for controlling our room systems.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Interesting. The video is unclear. It shows large are uniformity correction. Does this only correct large areas or does it also correct smaller areas like at the pixel level? Vertical banding is usually a thin line.
There is another video, where I ask in the comment section about DSE. Now I think that is whats shown in the video.

Mura correction seem to have been born out of issues with OLED and its use for VR headsets. Sony Z9F was one, if not the cleanest LCD panels released last year, I believe. They used mura correction, and if "mura" is anything like what see with panning shots of a bright sky or in hockey games. Then its pixels that are a few hues off from the adjacent pixel.

This would be great for professional, and enthusiast display calibrator. Overall clarity and IQ.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Hello, All! I have both a 75” and 65” Quantum X purchased last summer (July 2019). I have a random shut down problem with both: the led lights hang up and some of the zones don’t shut down. I have to turn the TV back on, wait a few seconds to finish booting, then turn it off. It never hangs up twice when I do this. It’s random enough to say it’s not persistent, yet has happened enough times to start trying to find a solution. I waited to complain hoping that a FW would fix this issue, but no fix has been seen. However, I’m not really finding any other people seeing the same issue. Anyone out there with this problem?

I don’t uses CEC for any device, and I have Control4 for controlling our room systems.
I have the same issue. It does happen often. Turning the tv off and some of the leds are still on. It is annoying and a waste of electricity. I will contact vizio and ask when and if they are planning to fix this issue.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the same issue. It does happen often. Turning the tv off and some of the leds are still on. It is annoying and a waste of electricity. I will contact vizio and ask when and if they are planning to fix this issue.
Meduzadg, thanks for responding. Did you reach out to Vizio, yet? I was just curious if they are even acknowledging the issue. Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
hey guys, I am very excited to hear that the 85 inch P series quantum X will only launch for $3000 US.. Best 85 inch LCD available to only be $3000 seems too good to be true... There are 2 drawbacks I am worried about. I have read vizio is the worst brand when it comes to quality and receive the most amount of returns, I even read their past LCd's could get burn in, and they also have the worse upscaling out of all the tv brands. What are your guys thoughts on these 2 concerns?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I finally got my quantum x 75 up and running. It took the place of my 2018 p series quantum 65 inch (only size). I love my 2018 quantum, I just wanted a bigger size. I figured the quantum x 75 would have the same or at least similar picture quality to the 2018 quantum.

I was surprised how different the quantum x picture seemed compared to the 2018 quantum. I feel like the 2018 quantum has the better picture. I tried to replicate the settings from the 2018 to the quantum x. Using the exact settings, didn't produce similar results. Im not an expert at all, a complete novice- ans i understand that replicated settings from different models won't produce similar results, but i was surprised at the difference.

For directv viewing and even Netflix and streaming, I liked using gamma 2.4 on my 2018 quantum. For the quantum x 2.4 seened way too dark and seemed to crush some of the pop to the picture. I dropped it all the way to 2.0 to get a similar picture to the 2018.

I'm also not a stickler for an "accurate" picture. I am one who prefers the pop and punchiness of Vivid mode. Most of you here probably disagree, but to me vivid on the 2018 quantum at gamma 2.4 looks amazing.

I like the quantum x and the size jump. Im still tweaking settings to get it to look as good as i feel the 2018 quantum does, but I was a bit surprised at the difference.

Anyone else go from a 2018 quantum to a 2019 quantum x? What was your experience like? Thanks.

I'm happy with the tv as a whole

·
Registered
48 Posts
I finally got my quantum x 75 up and running. It took the place of my 2018 p series quantum 65 inch (only size). I love my 2018 quantum, I just wanted a bigger size. I figured the quantum x 75 would have the same or at least similar picture quality to the 2018 quantum.

I was surprised how different the quantum x picture seemed compared to the 2018 quantum. I feel like the 2018 quantum has the better picture. I tried to replicate the settings from the 2018 to the quantum x. Using the exact settings, didn't produce similar results. Im not an expert at all, a complete novice- ans i understand that replicated settings from different models won't produce similar results, but i was surprised at the difference.

For directv viewing and even Netflix and streaming, I liked using gamma 2.4 on my 2018 quantum. For the quantum x 2.4 seened way too dark and seemed to crush some of the pop to the picture. I dropped it all the way to 2.0 to get a similar picture to the 2018.

I'm also not a stickler for an "accurate" picture. I am one who prefers the pop and punchiness of Vivid mode. Most of you here probably disagree, but to me vivid on the 2018 quantum at gamma 2.4 looks amazing.

I like the quantum x and the size jump. Im still tweaking settings to get it to look as good as i feel the 2018 quantum does, but I was a bit surprised at the difference.

Anyone else go from a 2018 quantum to a 2019 quantum x? What was your experience like? Thanks.

I'm happy with the tv as a whole
why would you be happy if you don't find the picture as good?

·
Registered
171 Posts
It is still a very nice picture and going from 65 to 75 was the main reason for the purchase. The 2018 65 is gaining into my office so I will still be using it.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
hey guys, I am very excited to hear that the 85 inch P series quantum X will only launch for $3000 US.. Best 85 inch LCD available to only be $3000 seems too good to be true... There are 2 drawbacks I am worried about. I have read vizio is the worst brand when it comes to quality and receive the most amount of returns, I even read their past LCd's could get burn in, and they also have the worse upscaling out of all the tv brands. What are your guys thoughts on these 2 concerns?
You'd be better off asking in the appropriate thread.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I've had the original P series when it first came out.. luved it.. no issues.
now I have the PX75 from last year.. luv it even more... I have no issues with burn in. and upscaling from Uverse or std dvd's is excellent.
4K content is awesome!

I will purchase the new 85" when it becomes available...

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
I think this year is more focused on quality, picture quality, and performance. The decision to not chase 8K resolution, but instead focus on performance, quality, and fixing other issues, is the best decision Vizio could have made.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have had my quantum x 75 for 4 days now. As I got the settings dialed in to my liking, I would say that i am satisfied with my purchase. I would still give a slight edge to my 65 inch p Quantum from 2018 as far as picture quality and picture issues, but the size of the quantum x makes up for its problems for me.

On to one of those problems... Has anyone else experienced what I can only describe as an occasional pixelated light line flickering on the screen during hdr content. Watching Ozark on Netflix and there will be a colored light line the flashes on the screen every once and a while. Its noticeable, but not a deal breaker for me - it is odd though. Has anyone else seen this on there tvs?

Thanks

2581 - 2600 of 2620 Posts