AVS Forum banner

2661 - 2680 of 2687 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had that once or twice. While a reboot fixed it, other backlighting issues followed. In the end every other zone would go out. Vizio replaced my TV under warranty. I would reboot and keep an eye on any remaining warranty. Photographic evidence will help them decide on a course of action.
What is your experience with the replacement units? I'm afraid that it will fail right after the warranty expires....😔

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
What is your experience with the replacement units? I'm afraid that it will fail right after the warranty expires....😔
My original TV was almost flawless. The replacement, not so much. It's a refurb and there is a noticeable amount of banding on certain images. It's not horrible and I've learned to ignore it but slow pans of blue skies aren't great. The original was a bit of a unicorn and I was extremely happy with it until the backlight started to die.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Keeping it?

I wonder how the 2020s are for dirty screen and banding and if they would replace a 2019 with a 2020.

Sent from my SM-T387W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Keeping it?

I wonder how the 2020s are for dirty screen and banding and if they would replace a 2019 with a 2020.

I have no option but to keep it. Past return period for costco. Vizio sent a recertified tv and it failed. The delivery guys said that it happens very often, so they avoid unmounting the damaged tv and mount the replacement before testing. Now vizio will send a brand new one as per their warranty policy 1st replacement is recertified if it fails they send a new one). I would have preferred to get the 2020 one, just for the hdmi 2.1....

·
Registered
40 Posts
So, I’ve had my 2019 75” PQX since November of last year and only updated the firmware maybe once (currently on 5.0.5.2) before disconnecting it from the LAN. I primarily use my Apple TV for all content that isn’t gaming or disc based.

Its been running well besides a few CEC issues and the rare backlight staying on after shutdown. Nothing major. As far as streaming goes, everything works well besides HDR 10 on Amazon Prime having terrible color banding...not sure if that’s a firmware issue, Apple TV, or just Amazon’s bad compression.

My question is: Should I connect my Vizio back to LAN in order to update to the latest firmware? Is there any advantage and/or how stable is it? Backlight/CEC/HDR improvements?

Like I said, I don’t use Smart Cast and the Vizio is ARC’d to my Nakamichi Home Theater and boots up directly to my Apple TV or console.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
@Nouniard personally i would update your set. I think there was a recent one that fixed or improved the DV algorithm or something. Scroll back a page.

As for the back light; make sure you have the USB turns off when power off option selected.

·
Registered
61 Posts
For those with DSE, do you have Enhanced Viewing Angle on? I got the set 2 months ago and thought picture looked great. Read somewhere that I should turn off Enhanced Viewing Angle so I did. A week later was watching something with a lot of snow/white background and saw all these vertical bands that were very distracting. Was kinda bummed but thought to check settings and ended up turning the Enhanced Viewing Angle back on. The vertical bands disappeared! Actually I think they are visible from extreme off-center angles, but from normal viewing positions the banding is gone. Hopefully this helps some of you with similar issues.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Mine has been buggy for 6-8 weeks and running.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
While its nice having DV on Netflix the sound for whatever reason doesnt have the same punch compared to my Roku. So I dont use the smartcast feature that much and yes not a fan of the slow gui either. I have a Roku P+ but going to upgrade to the new ultra w/ DV + atmos.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Anybody having problems with SmartCast lately? My has been so buggy the past couple of days
Yes. For several weeks since the last big update, the smartcast screen takes forever to load on startup. Yesterday the screen wouldn't even load to the "waiting" message. I rebooted several times and still nada. Finally just went to amazon app and watched TV for a while. Then after an hour or so I hit the "home" button on the remote again and the smartcast screen loaded properly.

Reactions: MrLuisi

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Mine too. Considering a shield tv and abandoning smartcast all together.

Same here which is a shame. Vizio finally has almost all of the proper streaming service apps (still no ESPN) to where I can finally use it 99% of the time and now it is being a pain to use in general.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Yes. For several weeks since the last big update, the smartcast screen takes forever to load on startup. Yesterday the screen wouldn't even load to the "waiting" message. I rebooted several times and still nada. Finally just went to amazon app and watched TV for a while. Then after an hour or so I hit the "home" button on the remote again and the smartcast screen loaded properly.
Very similar experience. Although I've found you can access "smartcast" by using the remote to get into hulu, then exit. Upon exit, I can get the the "Smart"cast screen. For awhile this trick also worked using the Netflix button on the remote, but no longer as of the past 2-3 weeks. Hulu button still does the trick though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok cool thought it was just my set. Vizio needs to work on this man, when this tv works it’s fantastic but so many bugs I’m about to either sell it or try to replace with Geek Squad.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Question about Smartcast...when I use it and now use the Apple TV app I get 4K. When I use Smartcast and use Hulu only get 720p. If I switch source to my physical Apple TV and put on Hulu I get 4K. Any idea why I am not getting 4K when I use the Hulu App on Smartcast>

·
Registered
517 Posts
Newbie questions:

Sorry for this, I've had the set for 6 weeks from Costco and am debating whether or not to return it. Purchased based on reviews, and I've got 14 years dealing with HDTV issues, but I'm baffled. My usage is built-in Amazon, Netflix & Youtube apps, blu-ray player, Nintendo Switch, and a PC.

I've searched this thread and the web for over 4 hours and cannot answer these questions:

PC connected to HDMI-4, Calibrated Dark - Windows 10 black background, the white explorer windows have 1" blue bands around them (white turns to light blue). Turning off Active Full Array eliminates the blue band, but then when I watch a movie I have to change the setting back, and then back again. Does anyone understand what is going on and how I might fix it?

Turning on the set takes upwards of a minute. Startup to Smartcast occasionally fails, but even if I hit the Netflix button on the remote it'll still take forever, and sometimes it just won't turn on and I have to unplug it.

The remote seems wonky - the buttons keep sticking when pressed.

I'm looking forward to getting the best experience from this set. Thanks very much for your time.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Question about Smartcast...when I use it and now use the Apple TV app I get 4K. When I use Smartcast and use Hulu only get 720p. If I switch source to my physical Apple TV and put on Hulu I get 4K. Any idea why I am not getting 4K when I use the Hulu App on Smartcast>
Is Hulu finally in 4k? Or is the display up converting?

2661 - 2680 of 2687 Posts