AVS Forum banner

501 - 520 of 2676 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
I did watch that video and no audio issues but it barely ramps up to 4K on my network but it is in true HDR. Maybe you have enough speed for 8K and that causes a glitch??
Thanks for trying. It is the only one that does it for me. I could try to limit the bandwidth through the firewall, but I don't see any benefit to that.

I looked at it on a 2018 PQ.

Using the Youtube app on the Display, I got dropouts towards the end (incredible visually). I did other 8K videos, and had no problem with them.

I switched to my Roku Ultra which is piped through my OPPO 203. I watched the video and there were no dropouts.

Both were HDR-10, 4K at 60 FPS. On the OPPO information display, it saw 4:2:2, 2 channel 48K audio and 12 bits.

My internet access is 1GBit / Comcast, wired connection to the display.

A couple of possibilities - the display may have a Youtube app that is not as good as the Roku's. The OPPO does process the stream before handing it to the display, so that may have played a role. The path through the Roku to the OPPO and then HDMI to the display may be more reliable than through the display's nic card.

Good luck, hope that helps. Have you tried just wireless? That may perform better.
I'm glad to see it is not just my TV, even if we have different models, as it may be due to the app not being able to handle the high bandwidth available on the 8K streams. I think if that clip didn't have the audio dropouts, it would be a perfect demo for this set as the colors (and glimmer of the gold-colored buildings) are simply phenomenal and doesn't really show off any banding and the FALD lag is minimal. The other 8K videos just don't show off the pros of the set as well as that one.

I did try wireless only and still got the audio dropouts.

On the Plex side of things, I did figure some things out. Direct Play doesn't do me any good as the TV apparently does not handle MKVs. I can utilize the Direct Stream option (as I rip with both the lossless and any lossy audio, including any bonus commentary), but that did not stop the stuttering. However, when I deselected the subtitle stream from the MKV (I have the Plex server setup to automatically load the subtitles, if available), the HD video would play without issue. In Plex, if the subtitles are not burned in to the video, the Plex server has transcode the subtitles in. So, the stuttering was telling me this was my Plex server not keeping up with the transcoding. The weird thing is, I never had this issue with my Xbox One. So, I can play 1080p BluRay MKVs through the Vizio Plex app as long as I do not have the subtitles enabled. There was absolutely no issue with the SD MKVs even with subtitles enabled.

One last final thought. This TV off-gasses horribly. How long does it take before I can turn this on for a little while without smelling the TV?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
You're right that in your case it doesn't matter if the TV or the GPU scales, and you don't need to worry about the lack of 1440p support on the TV. There are other situations that this is important though (and we get questions about) - for example with an Xbox One X/S. When outputting 1440p you can often get a higher frame rate (eg. 60fps) than 4k which can be limited to 30fps for many games. Some graphics cards also won't perform the scaling (but this is getting less common).

Would it help if we added a note to the tooltip ( (?) icon) to make it more clear when people should care about it?
Nah, I think I pretty much got the reason after having made that post. There's gpu scaling and display scaling. It's not up to rtings or anyone else to let people know when the gpu can scale 1440p to 4k. But I guess all that is required is for it to say something like:

Native 1440p support: No, (Gpu scaling 1440p to 2160p signal required for 1440p content)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Received my px65 today. Colors, contrast, and brightness are noticeably dull when Dolby Vision is enabled on my 4K Apple TV. UHD is enabled on HDMI 1. Anyone experiencing the same?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Received my px65 today. Colors, contrast, and brightness are noticeably dull when Dolby Vision is enabled on my 4K Apple TV. UHD is enabled on HDMI 1. Anyone experiencing the same?
I've had my PX65 for a couple of weeks and experienced the same thing. I change the gamma to 1.8 on Dolby Vision content that shows too dark and revert back to the "calibrated" setting on other content. Netflix's Stranger Things was very dark but Our Planet was incredible.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
I've had my PX65 for a couple of weeks and experienced the same thing. I change the gamma to 1.8 on Dolby Vision content that shows too dark and revert back to the "calibrated" setting on other content. Netflix's Stranger Things was very dark but Our Planet was incredible.
Do you have Dolby Vision enabled at all times or are you using the matching dynamic range setting on the ATV4K. Its a common mistake that ATV4K owners make and then they blame the TV.

Also Stranger Things Season 1 is not in DV, in case you were evaluating that for DV darkness.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Woooow this TV is complete absolute garbage. I have had 3 this month alone. It flickers the screen on and off. I have it hooked up to my AV receiver. My cable box doesnt produce audio. When I finally do get it to work. If Full UHD Color is enabled, and I want to watch a 4k movie via my xbox, it flickers between whatever picture mode its on and its HDR10 counterpart. Nonstop, so I dont get an image on display.

If I turn off that particular feature then it goes back to normal, but it doesnt allow me to use HDR gaming. Its so god damn frusterating. My P65-C1 worked perfectly. I gave that Tv to my parents and I cant take it back. Woow, this is absolutel garbage. I want to kill myself from frustration. Why doesn't this POS just ****ing work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you have Dolby Vision enabled at all times or are you using the matching dynamic range setting on the ATV4K. Its a common mistake that ATV4K owners make and then they blame the TV.

Also Stranger Things Season 1 is not in DV, in case you were evaluating that for DV darkness.
You’re right my mistake ST it not a DV title. I do run the ATV4K with DV and match dynamic range and frame rate on. What settings do you recommend?

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Woooow this TV is complete absolute garbage. I have had 3 this month alone. It flickers the screen on and off. I have it hooked up to my AV receiver. My cable box doesnt produce audio. When I finally do get it to work. If Full UHD Color is enabled, and I want to watch a 4k movie via my xbox, it flickers between whatever picture mode its on and its HDR10 counterpart. Nonstop, so I dont get an image on display.

If I turn off that particular feature then it goes back to normal, but it doesnt allow me to use HDR gaming. Its so god damn frusterating. My P65-C1 worked perfectly. I gave that Tv to my parents and I cant take it back. Woow, this is absolutel garbage. I want to kill myself from frustration. Why doesn't this POS just ****ing work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1) reseat HDMI cables 2) hard power reset of both the TV and any other item acting up ...boot them at the same time 3) factory reset the Vizio 4) call Vizio support

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
You’re right my mistake ST it not a DV title. I do run the ATV4K with DV and match dynamic range and frame rate on. What settings do you recommend?
DV should be turned off. That is what the matching dynamic range setting is for.

The settings should be 4K SDR with both matching dynamic range and matching frame rate enabled. Give it a try and see if it eliminates your problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
DV should be turned off. That is what the matching dynamic range setting is for.

The settings should be 4K SDR with both matching dynamic range and matching frame rate enabled. Give it a try and see if it eliminates your problem.
Wow you’re right. The content switches automatically. So the way I had it set I was forcing those settings on none DV content? I obviously had not known how these settings worked. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Wow you’re right. The content switches automatically. So the way I had it set I was forcing those settings on none DV content? I obviously had not known how these settings worked. Thanks!
Yep it forces Dolby Vision on all content. Your SDR content should look much better now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
1) reseat HDMI cables 2) hard power reset of both the TV and any other item acting up ...boot them at the same time 3) factory reset the Vizio 4) call Vizio support
Have used 3 different HDMI cables. Have moved the cable box and xbox cables to different ports on the receiver. Have switched the receivers hdmi port on the tv from 1 to 2.

Have unplugged the tv, the xbox, the receiver multiple times.

As for vizio support, they are useless and will be off no help. Last time i called they said "oh the new firmware will be sent to your tv in 2-3 business days" and never did. it was just an excuse to get me off the phone cause the guy couldn't fix squat.

Also, like I mentioned. this is the 3rd TV I have and they all have the same issues. FULL UHD COLOR settings, messes everything up but without it, I am not taking advantage of my X1X full features. HDR gaming, dolby vision, etc.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Have used 3 different HDMI cables. Have moved the cable box and xbox cables to different ports on the receiver. Have switched the receivers hdmi port on the tv from 1 to 2.

Have unplugged the tv, the xbox, the receiver multiple times.

As for vizio support, they are useless and will be off no help. Last time i called they said "oh the new firmware will be sent to your tv in 2-3 business days" and never did. it was just an excuse to get me off the phone cause the guy couldn't fix squat.

Also, like I mentioned. this is the 3rd TV I have and they all have the same issues. FULL UHD COLOR settings, messes everything up but without it, I am not taking advantage of my X1X full features. HDR gaming, dolby vision, etc.
All cables are certified high speed premium 18gbps? CEC is enabled in both the AVR and TV? Have you tried a factory reset? Tried downloading the latest firmware via website?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was fighting the same thing and spent days adjusting settings. The ultimate fix for me was unchecking Allow 24Hz on the XBox display settings in video modes. Since that change I have experienced no flickers. Now the shield is a whole other story. I mostly have the flickers resolved but had to plug it directly into the TV and use input 4.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
All cables are certified high speed premium 18gbps? CEC is enabled in both the AVR and TV? Have you tried a factory reset? Tried downloading the latest firmware via website?
Cec is enabled on both devices. Hdmi are supposedly up to snuff according to amazons product page.

Definitely tried factory reset multiple times. New firmware for the tv? I tried it once and whenever I inserted the USB drive on the tv port, it would take me to a "Picture Music Video" page on the tv.

The problem seems to stem from the moment I turn on FULL UHD Color on.
I was fighting the same thing and spent days adjusting settings. The ultimate fix for me was unchecking Allow 24Hz on the XBox display settings in video modes. Since that change I have experienced no flickers. Now the shield is a whole other story. I mostly have the flickers resolved but had to plug it directly into the TV and use input 4.

Are you using an AV receiver? If so, which one? I notice you have the Dolby Vision option. Mine is greyed out. Apparently the Onkyo TX-NR656 doesnt give me that option unless the xbox is connected directly.

Also unchecking that box doesnt solve my issue. I even switch the Bit options and nothing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am running the XBox through a Denon AVR-S10W. I had to run my Shield directly to the TV. Cycling Full UHD on and off on the inputs may have helped as well. I ran across numerous posts from years back detailing the handshake issues with the shield. Nothing recently. It is frustrating but right now seems to be stable with this setup.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
New firmware for the tv? I tried it once and whenever I inserted the USB drive on the tv port, it would take me to a "Picture Music Video" page on the tv.
Regarding the firmware, you probably have the USB drive using a format that the TV doesnt accept. Double check the firmware site to see what format is required (exFAT, FAT32 etc.) Other owners might be able to provide insight as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Regarding the firmware, you probably have the USB drive using a format that the TV doesnt accept. Double check the firmware site to see what format is required (exFAT, FAT32 etc.) Other owners might be able to provide insight as well.

Thats the thing. I had formated it to both of them and nothing. I just went out and both another AV receiver. A new HDMI cable. Even hooked up my spare xbox one S I have in a different room. Screen still flickers on and off when FULL UHD COLOR setting is on.

Called Vizio support, I told her everything ive done before she could even suggest it. Then told me to call microsoft and onkyo to troubleshoot cause "it cant be the TV"

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
Dirty screen effect / jail bars

Best Buy delivered my PX75-G1 today. It's significantly improved in terms of brightness, color reproduction/pop, and contrast as compared to my P75-C1. However, it has "jail bars" that I never really noticed with my P75-C1, but my P75-C1 did have a pretty noticeable yellow stripe down the center. Also, black field uniformity with AFA off is AWFUL, but that's how my P75-C1 was too, and since I'll never use the TV without local dimming on, it's really not a dealbreaker.

Anyway, here are a couple of pics of the jail bars using the built-in patterns. The first is at 10 IRE and the second is at 20 IRE. The 20 IRE picture is more representative of what I see in person. The bars pretty much fade to unnoticeable at higher IREs, and I'll need to watch the set (vs inspecting it) to see how noticeable this is with real viewing material. I really don't feel like playing the panel lottery, so if this is within the typical range, I'll likely just keep it. Whaddaya think?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Best Buy delivered my PX75-G1 today. It's significantly improved in terms of brightness, color reproduction/pop, and contrast as compared to my P75-C1. However, it has "jail bars" that I never really noticed with my P75-C1, but my P75-C1 did have a pretty noticeable yellow stripe down the center. Also, black field uniformity with AFA off is AWFUL, but that's how my P75-C1 was too, and since I'll never use the TV without local dimming on, it's really not a dealbreaker.

Anyway, here are a couple of pics of the jail bars using the built-in patterns. The first is at 10 IRE and the second is at 20 IRE. The 20 IRE picture is more representative of what I see in person. The bars pretty much fade to unnoticeable at higher IREs, and I'll need to watch the set (vs inspecting it) to see how noticeable this is with real viewing material. I really don't feel like playing the panel lottery, so if this is within the typical range, I'll likely just keep it. Whaddaya think?
Not the worst I have seen, but still pretty bad. Replace it.

Black field uniformity will look bad on any Vizio unit with AFA off. It isn't something I would look at as it is pointless.

501 - 520 of 2676 Posts