AVS Forum banner

521 - 540 of 2676 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
Not the worst I have seen, but still pretty bad. Replace it.

Black field uniformity will look bad on any Vizio unit with AFA off. It isn't something I would look at as it is pointless.
Yep, Vizio is replacing it. They asked to see a picture of "actual content" in addition to the two I posted. That was tough to get since it's easier to see (but still occurs fairly infrequently) with motion, but I guess the picture I provided was good enough since they agreed to a replacement.

My P75-C1's uniformity was way worse than this one in that it was apparent much more frequently, but I was disappointed to say the least when I saw the jail bars and non-uniformity on the PX75-G1. Hopefully the replacement will be an improvement because everything else looks great.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am running the XBox through a Denon AVR-S10W. I had to run my Shield directly to the TV. Cycling Full UHD on and off on the inputs may have helped as well. I ran across numerous posts from years back detailing the handshake issues with the shield. Nothing recently. It is frustrating but right now seems to be stable with this setup.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

I had the same issue with this TV, the Shield and a Denon 3400x. Turning off i/p scaling in the Denon settings solved the intermittent blanking screen issue.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am running the XBox through a Denon AVR-S10W. I had to run my Shield directly to the TV. Cycling Full UHD on and off on the inputs may have helped as well. I ran across numerous posts from years back detailing the handshake issues with the shield. Nothing recently. It is frustrating but right now seems to be stable with this setup.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

I had the same issue with this TV, the Shield and a Denon 3400x. Turning off i/p scaling in the Denon settings solved the intermittent blanking screen issue.
Thanks for the heads up. don't see that option on mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anyway, here are a couple of pics of the jail bars using the built-in patterns. The first is at 10 IRE and the second is at 20 IRE. The 20 IRE picture is more representative of what I see in person. The bars pretty much fade to unnoticeable at higher IREs, and I'll need to watch the set (vs inspecting it) to see how noticeable this is with real viewing material. I really don't feel like playing the panel lottery, so if this is within the typical range, I'll likely just keep it. Whaddaya think?

Does the Visio have built in test patterns? Where are they accessed from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
321 Posts
Does the Visio have built in test patterns? Where are they accessed from?
All the 2019 Vizio have them, I think. Under Picture settings menu go to Color calibration. What you're looking for is the "Flat Test Pattern" or "Uniformity Analyzer" test pattern. it also has an SMPTE pattern and a ramp pattern.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Update on my previous issue (HDR10 UHD discs and SDR Bluray discs cause display to go black every few seconds, but Dolby Vision UHD discs play without issue).

1. I swapped my existing cables with Monoprice Cerified Premium HDMI cables. The issues persisted.
  2. I connected my UHD disc player directly to the Vizio (bypassed my receiver entirely). The issues persisted.
  3. I got my hands on a Sony UBP-X700 player to see if the issue was specific to my Panasonic 820 player. The issues persisted with the Sony. Unlike on the Panasonic, turning on Dolby Vision on the Sony forces HDR10 content to become Dolby Vision content, which of course fixed the issue, as the Vizio had no problem with Dolby Vision content on the Panasonic.
Is anyone else able to successfully watch HDR10 UHD discs, in HDR10 mode, on their PX65/PX75?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Update on my previous issue (HDR10 UHD discs and SDR Bluray discs cause display to go black every few seconds, but Dolby Vision UHD discs play without issue).

1. I swapped my existing cables with Monoprice Cerified Premium HDMI cables. The issues persisted.
  2. I connected my UHD disc player directly to the Vizio (bypassed my receiver entirely). The issues persisted.
  3. I got my hands on a Sony UBP-X700 player to see if the issue was specific to my Panasonic 820 player. The issues persisted with the Sony. Unlike on the Panasonic, turning on Dolby Vision on the Sony forces HDR10 content to become Dolby Vision content, which of course fixed the issue, as the Vizio had no problem with Dolby Vision content on the Panasonic.
Is anyone else able to successfully watch HDR10 UHD discs, in HDR10 mode, on their PX65/PX75?
I have no issues whatsoever and I really cant wrap my head around the problems you are having.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Quick update on my xbox and black screen turning on and off problem. I was setting the xbox to 10 bit color depth. Once I selevted 8 bit, it worked perfectly fine. Once I go to netflix or a UHD disc, it automatically selects 10 bit depth.

So looks like im keeping the TV. Which is annoying cause I JUST bought the LG Nanocell 9 series to replace this vizio. So now I have to go through the hassle of returning that LG.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Quick update on my xbox and black screen turning on and off problem. I was setting the xbox to 10 bit color depth. Once I selevted 8 bit, it worked perfectly fine. Once I go to netflix or a UHD disc, it automatically selects 10 bit depth.

So looks like im keeping the TV. Which is annoying cause I JUST bought the LG Nanocell 9 series to replace this vizio. So now I have to go through the hassle of returning that LG.
Yah if you had told us that before I would have said to change it to 8bit. I don't understand why that option is there when the Xbox will automatically change based on the content.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yah if you had told us that before I would have said to change it to 8bit. I don't understand why that option is there when the Xbox will automatically change based on the content.

Honestly I hadnt even realized it. I messed with all the settings except that one. Its incredibly stupid they even allow it to be changes for sure.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Vizio rep told me that if your serial number is said to be up to 2.1.6.3, then even if you try to update with a USB stick to 2.1.7.1, it wont take it
Well thats stupid. No store has the TV in stock so i can't even check the serial numbers at the store to see which one would works.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Woooow this TV is complete absolute garbage. I have had 3 this month alone. It flickers the screen on and off. I have it hooked up to my AV receiver. My cable box doesnt produce audio. When I finally do get it to work. If Full UHD Color is enabled, and I want to watch a 4k movie via my xbox, it flickers between whatever picture mode its on and its HDR10 counterpart. Nonstop, so I dont get an image on display.

If I turn off that particular feature then it goes back to normal, but it doesnt allow me to use HDR gaming. Its so god damn frusterating. My P65-C1 worked perfectly. I gave that Tv to my parents and I cant take it back. Woow, this is absolutel garbage. I want to kill myself from frustration. Why doesn't this POS just ****ing work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just an fyi for those who might have missed it...

521 - 540 of 2676 Posts