AVS Forum banner

561 - 580 of 2620 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
I’m using the MediaLight Flex. It increases the viewing pleasure as far as I’m concerned.
I like that the MediaLight Series are compatible with my Logitech Harmony remote.

Another user commented previously to one of my posts and is using a Luminoodle.
Thanks, the reviews on medialight look very good. I also have a harmony remote and would want compatibility.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Pheno69, you have actually saved the day and my TV's! This is my first Vizio, moving from Samsung, so I had no idea that the HDMI ports are not all the same. The links you sent got me researching and there was a strong hint that the HDMI ports are different. So, I dug on the Vizio website but could find no tech specs about the actual ports on the new Quantum X series.

I tried HDMI-5 which was hinted for the P-series to be designed for computers. I could do 4K/60Hz, but it would not support rec.2020 (HDR/Dolby Vision color.)

I tried HDMI-4 and it works like a charm! I have full 3840x2160p/59.940Hz, 10-bit 4:2:0, rec.2020 with the "Full UHD color" enabled on HDMI-4 AND NO FLICKER! I just played a good snippet of Sabrina on Netflix to be sure, and no flicker, no hiccup. Just very smooth picture. Now, I can try to calibrate this monstrosity!

SO FOR ALL YOU OUT THERE WITH AN NVIDIA SHIELD, VIZIO PX75-G1/PX65-G1, DON'T USE HDMI-1!

Regards, Pheno69! I hope this info helps you with your flicker, as well. Why in the hell doesn't Vizio put this information out there and readily available??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pheno69, you have actually saved the day and my TV's! This is my first Vizio, moving from Samsung, so I had no idea that the HDMI ports are not all the same. The links you sent got me researching and there was a strong hint that the HDMI ports are different. So, I dug on the Vizio website but could find no tech specs about the actual ports on the new Quantum X series.

I tried HDMI-5 which was hinted for the P-series to be designed for computers. I could do 4K/60Hz, but it would not support rec.2020 (HDR/Dolby Vision color.)

I tried HDMI-4 and it works like a charm! I have full 3840x2160p/59.940Hz, 10-bit 4:2:0, rec.2020 with the "Full UHD color" enabled on HDMI-4 AND NO FLICKER! I just played a good snippet of Sabrina on Netflix to be sure, and no flicker, no hiccup. Just very smooth picture. Now, I can try to calibrate this monstrosity!

SO FOR ALL YOU OUT THERE WITH AN NVIDIA SHIELD, VIZIO PX75-G1/PX65-G1, DON'T USE HDMI-1!

Regards, Pheno69! I hope this info helps you with your flicker, as well. Why in the hell doesn't Vizio put this information out there and readily available??
Glad I could help out. Mine worked great on HDMI 4 for about 2 weeks and now unfortunately the flicker is back. Im still looking for a permanent solution but unfortunately I thin ok that would have to be a vizio firmware update.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,091 Posts

Vizio uses HDMI 5 on all Vizio models dating back to 2016 as a low latency port and no HDR support. It appeals to gamers who need lower latency. It is talked about often on the Vizio threads. I'm glad your issue is resolved.
https://www.vizio.com/px65g1.html

·
Registered
134 Posts
Vizio uses HDMI 5 on all Vizio models dating back to 2016 as a low latency port and no HDR support. It appeals to gamers who need lower latency. It is talked about often on the Vizio threads. I'm glad your issue is resolved.
https://www.vizio.com/px65g1.html
skschatzman, I followed your link. I’m older, so maybe I’m just not seeing the technical info for each port. All I see is, “Inputs HDMI 5 - (2 side / 3 bottom)”)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone get the AirPlay 2 update? I’ve had my 75x for about 2.5 weeks and it’s updated once, but no airplay 2 yet.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I ordered the 75" inch X from Costco.ca today (price in Can $ is equivalent to the previous US Low Price). I could not resist trying one even though my Quantum P659-G1, that has terrible uniformity, has been awaiting pickup. The 65" did not even stay in living room for 24 hours before I boxed it up. I hope the 75" X is better......if issues, I may try the panel lottery over and over at that price as that is the tv I really want to have.

·
Registered
43 Posts
So I upgraded from 65" to 75". I really liked the 65" and it's picture quality and pop. While the 75" was still on sale at Costco.com I pulled the trigger and ordered it. It arrived this week and I will be returning the 65" to the local store.

When I hooked up the 75" I initially went in to demo mode just to watch and see it on the bigger screen and in my home. It looked amazing. One thing I noticed though is the viewing angle issues we're almost non existent while running the demo. Is this due to it being in Vivid mode and backlight being pumped way up? I setup the TV per ratings.com spec and I could see the viewing angle issues were present again. Although I think the 75" has better viewing angles than the 65" did, maybe due to being bigger?

Any thoughts on the demo mode viewing angles and also the difference between the size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
So I upgraded from 65" to 75". I really liked the 65" and it's picture quality and pop. While the 75" was still on sale at Costco.com I pulled the trigger and ordered it. It arrived this week and I will be returning the 65" to the local store.

When I hooked up the 75" I initially went in to demo mode just to watch and see it on the bigger screen and in my home. It looked amazing. One thing I noticed though is the viewing angle issues we're almost non existent while running the demo. Is this due to it being in Vivid mode and backlight being pumped way up? I setup the TV per ratings.com spec and I could see the viewing angle issues were present again. Although I think the 75" has better viewing angles than the 65" did, maybe due to being bigger?

Any thoughts on the demo mode viewing angles and also the difference between the size?

Nobody buys this TV for viewing angles. Almost every review for this TV explains it thoroughly. It is like you didn't look at a single review before buying or posting here. I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but the viewing angles can't be improved as it is inherent with the panel technology.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nobody buys this TV for viewing angles. Almost every review for this TV explains it thoroughly. It is like you didn't look at a single review before buying or posting here. I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but the viewing angles can't be improved as it is inherent with the panel technology.

I read and watched plenty of reviews. I didn't buy this TV for the viewing angles. I sit straight on when watching it and am not concerned with them. I was simplying stating something that I noticed and was curious if others saw the same thing. I am not "trying to accomplish" anything other than an intelligent response to my proposed question. It's like you didn't even read my post.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I read and watched plenty of reviews. I didn't buy this TV for the viewing angles. I sit straight on when watching it and am not concerned with them. I was simplying stating something that I noticed and was curious if others saw the same thing. I am not "trying to accomplish" anything other than an intelligent response to my proposed question. It's like you didn't even read my post.

Well thank you for the redundant information. I'd say it was useful, but that would be a lie.

Demo mode has nothing to do with viewing angles. The viewing angle properties are related to the components. Demo mode is not a valid scientific way to test the viewing angles. Reviewers use scientific measuring tools to calculate the deviation from accuracy when viewing at increasing angles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went and saw both the 75 and 65 and the one thing that nobody mentioned was that both these sets seem to have a staggered subpixel structure. It made the picture look more grainy than the c9 or the 850g. Can anyone who has one of these at home comment? I was looking to try one out but was turned off by that.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I went and saw both the 75 and 65 and the one thing that nobody mentioned was that both these sets seem to have a staggered subpixel structure. It made the picture look more grainy than the c9 or the 850g. Can anyone who has one of these at home comment? I was looking to try one out but was turned off by that.
Doesn't appear to be the case in the Ratings review:

https://i.rtings.com/images/reviews/tv/vizio/p-series-quantum-x-2019/p-series-quantum-x-2019-pixels-large.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked up a PX75-G1 from the local Costco this weekend to replace an old 60" 1080p Sharp LED.

So far I'm very pleased with the picture quality, the brightness and pop is just unreal! As others have mentioned, the SmartCast interface is a little bit slow, but I don't think I'll be using it very much.

Out of the box, the TV was running v2.1.9.1

·
Registered
73 Posts
Could you PM me your serial number and I can look into this for you.
Are you planning to respond back via PM or this thread with why we are stuck on 2.1.6.3, i pmd you 5 days ago and have heard nothing from you.

On another note, does anyone know if they have released smartcast 3.0 with their most current software release?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey everyone, new owner of a 65 PQX and I gotta say, this thing blows me away! Not sure if I got lucky with my panel or I’m just not as picky as other but I spent about 5 hours with it yesterday throwing all sorts of demo material at it and tinkering with factory presets and it is amazing! I got it from Costco, who doesn’t even have it on their site but they had a batch in store (not even sure if the price was right...) I had ordered the 75 the day before from sams club’s one day sale but decided to suck it up and take the hit on size for now and save myself over half from the price on the 75. I haven’t done any sort of calibration yet and all my demo material was 4k/HDR. To me, blacks are on par with what I’ve seen on OLED demos at the store but the color and brightness on this set take it to a whole different level! I tried several Xbox One X and PS4 Pro games and was pretty stunned with the picture. Playing God Of War, my friend said “I’ve never seen the metal on his weapons look so real and shiny and fire and sparks and transitioning from inside to outside can make you squint. I told him about peoples complaints of color banding, halos and flickering and neither of us couldn’t spot anything worth complaining about, especially at this price point. Out of about 8 five to six minute YouTube videos we caught about 15 seconds total or light color banding and he said he would never have noticed it unless I pointed it out. Halos are there but far from a deal breaker for me, the only times I really saw it was on loading screens and subtitles, aside from that, never saw it with any real movie or gaming shots. Zero flickering for me between YouTube, Xbox, PlayStation games and 4k blu rays off the One X. Just wanted to drop my first night experience for you guys

·
Registered
432 Posts
Lol. Common response. This couldn't be further from the truth. I'm not praising Vizio, but they are one of the top selling TV manufacturers in the US when comparing total units sold. Also when supply does not keep up with demand, businesses lose money. Why would they intentionally limit stock and force thousands of people to wait weeks or months before filling stock? They wouldn't because people are impatient and will choose a different model. I can't wait to see what you will make up next.
Both Costco and Sams Club were selling the TV at huge discounts this past weekend. 2 Costco's I went to had decent stock.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Both Costco and Sams Club were selling the TV at huge discounts this past weekend. 2 Costco's I went to had decent stock.
Discounts are quite normal with all TV brands and models. Especially this time of year. This is quite normal with all tech, not just TVs. Stock can vary depending on when the store receives them and when they stock shelves. It doesn't negate the fact this TV is a hot seller. Circumstantial at best.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Are you planning to respond back via PM or this thread with why we are stuck on 2.1.6.3, i pmd you 5 days ago and have heard nothing from you.

On another note, does anyone know if they have released smartcast 3.0 with their most current software release?
Im assuming that is why we cant cast Prime video to these Vizios right?

561 - 580 of 2620 Posts