AVS Forum banner

601 - 620 of 2676 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Even if I were to agree that the samsung looks better, that would be in this very specific situation. So what's the point? Are you going to watch star fields 80% of the time?
And HDR can be very weird some times. It's not because it looks like this in THIS video that the TV can't look better. Im convinced I could find you an HDR star field with way brighter stars.

Anyway, what im saying is that this assessment of yours is moot and pointless.
Star field is one example. If it looks dimmer, than many other specular highlights will do as well so I do not believe the issue is pointless.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Did you try Local Dimming On High? I don’t recommend normally but in your case it seems that the stars being bright is the biggest priority, LD on High should give you that but it will raise the black levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tried high but it was the same as med. Low was much dimmer.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
No. I used auto for all pics. However, the difference was evident looking at the video on the two sets in real time.
I am confident the unit variances may be the issue here. Did you perform a brightness/contrast calibration. It doesn't require any special equipment. Just test patterns. Try SDR and HDR.

Also note that HDR is designed to be watched in a dark room with low ambient lighting. Not all TV manufacturers build around a specific standard. The elevated blacks in HDR are quite normal on Vizio models. The low ambient lighting will defuse the elevated blacks and significantly reduce or eliminate the issue. If the Samsung doesn't elevate blacks of star field background for HDR content in a dark room, then they are not staying true to the way HDR is designed to be handled.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just compared my px65 to my 65q9fn and didn't notice any glaring differences between the 2...I'm not saying there aren't visual differences I'm just saying I didn't notice anything major that would detract ME from enjoying that particular hdr content

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

·
Registered
416 Posts
Woah Im getting update 3.0.8.2-2 as we speak.
Is that the latest?
So my TV sckips 2.1.7 but jumps straight to 3 ??

Lucky you!

3.0.8.2 update must have the Apple Airplay2 and homekit update..

i'm on 2.1.9... and 3.0.9 should have all the updates from you 2.1.7

·
Registered
73 Posts
Woah Im getting update 3.0.8.2-2 as we speak.
Is that the latest?
So my TV sckips 2.1.7 but jumps straight to 3 ??
I just got that update as well...and I can confirm it has the airplay and prime video cast options...i tested the prime video cast and it works perfectly fine

If this is that "great" smartcast 3.0 update, I see no improvement in regards to smoothness, it's still as laggy as ever!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My PX75-G1 just updated from 2.1.9.1 to 3.0.8.2-2.
I haven't noticed much difference except for the AirPlay icon next to Cast when on the SmartCast main menu.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi everyone, I am trying to make an upgrade from my 2014 Vizio P series. Is this the TV to get at this price range? Should I wait for the TCL 8 series? Is there another TV that I should consider?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is anyone else having issues connecting their TV to the Smartcast app? My phone and TV are connected to the same wifi network. The app doesn't display that wifi network.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Is anyone else having issues connecting their TV to the Smartcast app? My phone and TV are connected to the same wifi network. The app doesn't display that wifi network.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Nope. This is a local network issue. Check your network settings. Also try rebooting your modem/router and phone.

·
Registered
110 Posts
@HKCRT the HF9 is an excellent recommendation and I would buy it in a heart beat if it was a 75 inch tv. Unfortunately 65 inch is too small for my needs. The TV is awesome according to many reviews I have seen recently.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Has anyone here tested peak brightness on the PQX75? Just wondering if it will come close to or exceed 2700 cd/m2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
just a quick question to all owners. Does your 65 inch quantum x have really bad flashlighting and clouding with the full array dimming OFF? The picture has no trace of it while full array is on at any setting but once you turn it off it is quite bad. I can see it very pronounced when the tv first turns on for example.

601 - 620 of 2676 Posts