AVS Forum banner

641 - 660 of 2676 Posts

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
For sure. Please see this video:

https://youtu.be/UI1vnyQLm5A

Note: UHD is ON, I'm plugged into HDMI3. When the video starts up, I'm running 4k @ 60hz.
That is a connection issue. Flicker is a completely different issue.

There are a few things that can cause this issue. Bad or improperly seated cables are the main cause.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah. It is definitely a connection issue, but it isn’t cable seating. It is HDR10 processing. I reseated all the cables prior to diagnosing my issue.

I work on Madden and know when in the bootflow we switch video modes. The Xbox dash is not HDR10, but does support Atmos. When we hit our splash screen and activate HDR, the PX75 goes haywire trying to decode HDR10.

https://youtu.be/yKyTsAGu67M

It’s so weird I went and bought a new Xbox One X yesterday thinking my original one had broken. Nope. It’s the TV.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yeah. It is definitely a connection issue, but it isn’t cable seating. It is HDR10 processing. I reseated all the cables prior to diagnosing my issue.

I work on Madden and know when in the bootflow we switch video modes. The Xbox dash is not HDR10, but does support Atmos. When we hit our splash screen and activate HDR, the PX75 goes haywire trying to decode HDR10.

https://youtu.be/yKyTsAGu67M

It’s so weird I went and bought a new Xbox One X yesterday thinking my original one had broken. Nope. It’s the TV.

Yep, that's the exact issue.

This seems rather significant... this TV cost me $3500 CAD. Should I just return it? What a complete hassle. I already mounted it on the wall. :(

·
Registered
165 Posts
Still having the same issues with the shield here too. I can't enable UHD. It is not a connection issue.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I've managed to get it working intermittently using HDMI 1 and restarting various devices. It still freaks out when I play some HDR content in Netflix.
How is it that we are the only ones with this problem?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I’m having the same issue. I’ve diagnosed it down to the TV having issues handling HDR10.

Setup:
X1X -> HDMI Switch -> LG SJ9 Atmos Soundbar -> PX75-G1

The same pathway, same cables, using Apple TV with Dolby Vision and Atmos does not exhibit the issue.
Turning off HDR10 on the X1X eliminates the issue.
The same pathway to a 2016 Vizio P65-C1 does not exhibit the issue.
PS4 HDR10 exhibits the same issues and can cause the TV to soft lock requiring a hard power cycle.

They really need to fix this. What is the best way to report to Vizio?

I used this:
https://support.vizio.com/s/contact-us?language=en_US

·
Registered
165 Posts
Woooow this TV is complete absolute garbage. I have had 3 this month alone. It flickers the screen on and off. I have it hooked up to my AV receiver. My cable box doesnt produce audio. When I finally do get it to work. If Full UHD Color is enabled, and I want to watch a 4k movie via my xbox, it flickers between whatever picture mode its on and its HDR10 counterpart. Nonstop, so I dont get an image on display.

If I turn off that particular feature then it goes back to normal, but it doesnt allow me to use HDR gaming. Its so god damn frusterating. My P65-C1 worked perfectly. I gave that Tv to my parents and I cant take it back. Woow, this is absolutel garbage. I want to kill myself from frustration. Why doesn't this POS just ****ing work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same issue with me.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Still having the same issues with the shield here too. I can't enable UHD. It is not a connection issue.

It is a connection issue. Even if it is caused by the Vizio TV. Seeing as how there are multiple people now reporting it, then it is likely the TV. I hope a firmware update can fix it otherwise there will be a lot of returns.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Same issue here with HDR10. Tried a different 4K player, different cables, different HDMI ports, same issue. Dolby Vision discs play with no issues. Vizio support was useless, and told me that my 4K player (Panasonic UB820) was to blame. Turning UHD colour off fixes the issue, but colours suffer noticably. Hoping for a firmware fix.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Same issue here with HDR10. Tried a different 4K player, different cables, different HDMI ports, same issue. Dolby Vision discs play with no issues. Vizio support was useless, and told me that my 4K player (Panasonic UB820) was to blame. Turning UHD colour off fixes the issue, but colours suffer noticably. Hoping for a firmware fix.

If Vizio does not acknowledge the issue as being theirs - this will not be fixed any time soon. If this was to be fixed in a firmware update, they would say so.

I'll give Vizio one shot at helping me. If I'm not satisfied, I'll be returning this and getting an X900.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If Vizio does not acknowledge the issue as being theirs - this will not be fixed any time soon. If this was to be fixed in a firmware update, they would say so.

I'll give Vizio one shot at helping me. If I'm not satisfied, I'll be returning this and getting an X900.
I fear you may be right. Huge waste, as the TV is otherwise excellent.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've managed to get it working intermittently using HDMI 1 and restarting various devices. It still freaks out when I play some HDR content in Netflix.
How is it that we are the only ones with this problem?
I had the same issue. Have the same setup. Shield >> Denon >> Vizio. Switching the Shield to 12-bit or 8-bit color fixed the flicker. 10 bit always produces flicker. Not sure why. My xbox will do the same flicker with 10 bit, 12-bit won't even produce a picture so I have to select 8-bit. I've changed all the cables with new ones 3 times amazon, monoprice, and zeskit, so it's def not a cable problem.

·
Registered
113 Posts
For sure. Please see this video:

https://youtu.be/UI1vnyQLm5A

Note: UHD is ON, I'm plugged into HDMI3. When the video starts up, I'm running 4k @ 60hz.
Px75(2.1.9.1)
I "have a similar issue" as you, if I understand your video correctly - I put that in quotes, because for me the issue is with my configuration and how the different pieces work together.
What happens is that the picture would start going out and then coming back on, with the info bar showing at the top of the screen, sometime not coming back for long time, sometimes working through whole movie etc etc.

I am using all premium certified cables, no changes to tv settings - uhd enabled, calibrated dark.
I only have the issue with my uhd player, connected on any port, through my avr (HDMI enhanced setting, works fine with HDMI standard), and only certain settings on the uhd player - testing still in progress.
The uhd player works fine connected directly to the tv.
Nvidia shield TV( 7.2.3, Kodi 18, using "colorimetry configuration guide from shield forums") works without issues through my receiver with any content/HDMI port.

For me at least, it is not "just the tv" that is the issue, and likely not the tv at all.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Px75(2.1.9.1)

I "have a similar issue" as you, if I understand your video correctly - I put that in quotes, because for me the issue is with my configuration and how the different pieces work together.

What happens is that the picture would start going out and then coming back on, with the info bar showing at the top of the screen, sometime not coming back for long time, sometimes working through whole movie etc etc.

I am using all premium certified cables, no changes to tv settings - uhd enabled, calibrated dark.

I only have the issue with my uhd player, connected on any port, through my avr (HDMI enhanced setting, works fine with HDMI standard), and only certain settings on the uhd player - testing still in progress.

The uhd player works fine connected directly to the tv.

Nvidia shield TV( 7.2.3, Kodi 18, using "colorimetry configuration guide from shield forums") works without issues through my receiver with any content/HDMI port.

For me at least, it is not "just the tv" that is the issue, and likely not the tv at all.
Do you mind sharing the link to the guide you used. I have tried numerous configurations on the shield while trying to get UHD working including plugging directly into the Vizio. Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just an fyi, the automatic floorspace switching might be broken in 8.0

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/discover/297873/-guide-picture-quality-colorimetry-framerate-resolution-chroma/

Edit: colorspace , not floorspace.
Color space never mattered for me, whether i selected rec709 or rec2020. I have all processing off on the Denon, just passing the signal straight through. I even hooked the shield and Xbox directly to the TV and still experienced the loss of connection (flashing) with 10 bit color selected.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Color space never mattered for me, whether i selected rec709 or rec2020. I have all processing off on the Denon, just passing the signal straight through. I even hooked the shield and Xbox directly to the TV and still experienced the loss of connection (flashing) with 10 bit color selected.
I am pretty sure I briefly tested (2-3minutes) my shield TV (2015, 16gb) directly connected to HDMI port 1 with an hdr10 movie, and didn't have an issue.

I am not an expert and was only pointing out that not everyone's tv is broken(even if there are in fact units with broken ports).

Edit: clarification - before connecting my avr to port 1 this weekend, it was connected to port 4 with no issue, until I changed the 4k HDMI output setting to "enhanced", and since then the only issue has been with the uhd player, regardless of HDMI port.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had the same issue. Have the same setup. Shield >> Denon >> Vizio. Switching the Shield to 12-bit or 8-bit color fixed the flicker. 10 bit always produces flicker. Not sure why. My xbox will do the same flicker with 10 bit, 12-bit won't even produce a picture so I have to select 8-bit. I've changed all the cables with new ones 3 times amazon, monoprice, and zeskit, so it's def not a cable problem.
Thanks for this. Right now the flicker is gone on the Shield. I turned off the recommended setting and set it to 12bit. This is with it plugged into HDMI4 on the TV. I still get no video with it running through the Denon. My XBox runs fine through the same port on the Denon. So still trying to figure that out. I originally had flicker on the Xbox as well and resolved that by disabling 24Hz in the video mode settings. I hope that helps you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think the fact that I can reliably reproduce this same issue using an Xbox One X (also connected directly to the panel), makes it clearly an issue with the TV. If it was just the Shield, or the Xbox, in isolation, I think you could point to the device. I did reach out to friends at Xbox to see if they could reproduce the issue in-house and potentially lean on Vizio to fix it.

641 - 660 of 2676 Posts