AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
14,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
my main takeaway of the new season so far- the Sixers made the right coaching hire in Doc Rivers...I'm guessing Simmons will eventually be traded for Harden...Embiid/Harden would make for a deadly inside/outside combo...he's also a better fit...they've been talking about Simmons eventually developing a jump shot for years now...might never happen at this point...I'd take the sure thing over potential

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
my main takeaway of the new season so far- the Sixers made the right coaching hire in Doc Rivers...I'm guessing Simmons will eventually be traded for Harden...Embiid/Harden would make for a deadly inside/outside combo...
Yes, but Harden has been babied by the Rockets. Can Doc deal with that?
The Sixers may not have any choice. The Embid-Simmons pairing is reaching (or has reached) the peak of it's workability.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You think they would send Harden away to a scared straight camp or something considering the way he acts, late to practices, etc.

IMO, no team will win a championship with him as the centerpiece and catering to his weak self.

·
Registered
14,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Kyrie Irving still refusing to play in Capitol riot aftermath

Irving has now sat out three straight games for what the team dubbed “personal reasons.”...averaging 27.1 points, his continued absence is a huge loss for the Nets...when asked whether the team was satisfied with Irving’s explanation for his absence, Nash had a chance to say yes but replied only that they were keeping the matter private

Sources told The Post that the All-Star guard’s absence had been related to Wednesday’s riot at the Capitol by supporters of President Trump...

·
Registered
57 Posts
^^ Yeah, he's nuts. I'm black and a "leftist" but the man has a job to do and is getting PAID! He's letting his teammates down. At least make a statement, don't just mope like a baby..lol. Either donate a few million to the cause and get the playing, or quit your job and let someone else do it for you!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
^^ Yeah, he's nuts. I'm black and a "leftist" but the man has a job to do and is getting PAID! He's letting his teammates down. At least make a statement, don't just mope like a baby..lol. Either donate a few million to the cause and get the playing, or quit your job and let someone else do it for you!
I always wondered what KD thought he was doing when he couldn't handle Draymond, so he left to join the biggest drama queen in the league.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah exactly but I think him and Kyrie have that kindred bond though because they are both so ultra petty.

I think deep down - they are both just so upset that they are not as good as Lebron/born in the same era as him and it eats at them.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
It's been 5 minutes and I'm still laughing about a "kindred bond of pettiness." You should write for a basketball site, instigate some animosity.

·
Registered
14,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The curious case of Brooklyn Nets point guard Kyrie Irving is only growing more complicated...Irving has missed Brooklyn’s last three games for undisclosed personal reasons and has been ruled out for Tuesday’s game against the Denver Nuggets under the same circumstances...according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the Nets expect Irving to miss the team’s two remaining games this week, at a minimum

According to SNY TV’s Ian Begley, the Nets are concerned Irving “won’t be back anytime soon” and could miss games beyond this coming weekend...

·
Registered
57 Posts
^ Yeah he's been w/ his family - celebrating birthdays and having parties - like covid isn't running rampant and like he doesn't have a job to do.

Did I mention I'm from Akron/Cleveland? Lol.

In other News - James Harden is fat. He is not taking light lunches. He also threw his teammates and team under the bus last night. Another drama queen.

·
Registered
14,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
NOOOOO!!!...Rockets trade Harden to Nets

Houston Rockets trade James Harden to Brooklyn Nets in 4-team megadeal sending Caris LeVert to Indiana Pacers

The Rockets have sent James Harden to the Nets in a blockbuster four-team trade that also involves the Pacers and Cavaliers, completing the disgruntled star's exit from Houston and setting up a potential super team in Brooklyn...the Nets sent Houston a package that includes multiple players and draft picks and features guard Caris LeVert, who was then traded to the Pacers for Victor Oladipo, sources tell ESPN

Center Jarrett Allen and forward Taurean Prince are headed from the Nets to the Cavs in the deal, according to sources, while the Rockets receive Cleveland guard Dante Exum and Brooklyn forward Rodions Kurucs...Houston also receives Brooklyn's three unprotected first-round draft picks -- 2022, 2024 and 2026 -- in the deal, plus pick swaps in 2021, 2023, 2025 and 2027, according to sources...the Rockets also get Cleveland's 2022 first-round pick, via the Milwaukee Bucks...

·
Registered
14,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
The Nets are going to have to cut the bb into 3 pieces. I'm not sure that crew works well together. Especially true for the guards.
if Harden can revert back to his early years when he was 6th Man of the Year with the OKC Thunder this has a chance but I don't see Harden taking a step back and letting KD and Kyrie run the show

so the Rockets traded Harden for basically Victor Oladipo and a ton of draft picks?...terrible trade for Houston...this is not like the Nets/Celtics trade involving Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce for draft picks

with the Celtics trade Garnett and Pierce were at the very end of their careers so the picks were much more valuable...with Houston the picks won't mean as much because KD, Kyrie and Harden are in their primes and will be a championship contender for the next 3-5 years

·
Registered
14,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Can't wait! The self-destruction in the Nets locker room will be glorious!
their defense was bad before the trade and now they traded away 2 of their best defensive players (Caris LeVert, Jarrett Allen)...Nets better hope they score 150 points a game...even with their defensive issues the Nets are now the clear favorites to come out of the Eastern Conference

·
Registered
9,748 Posts
their defense was bad before the trade and now they traded away 2 of their best defensive players (Caris LeVert, Jarrett Allen)...Nets better hope they score 150 points a game...even with their defensive issues the Nets are now the clear favorites to come out of the Eastern Conference
Once Kyrie gets back there will be three guys clapping for the ball at the end of the game. No matter who gets the ball, there will be two unhappy individuals. :ROFLMAO:

21 - 40 of 66 Posts