AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
their defense was bad before the trade and now they traded away 2 of their best defensive players (Caris LeVert, Jarrett Allen)...Nets better hope they score 150 points a game...even with their defensive issues the Nets are now the clear favorites to come out of the Eastern Conference
Once Kyrie gets back there will be three guys clapping for the ball at the end of the game. No matter who gets the ball, there will be two unhappy individuals. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
14,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Once Kyrie gets back there will be three guys clapping for the ball at the end of the game. No matter who gets the ball, there will be two unhappy individuals. :ROFLMAO:
I think KD can deal with it...he won titles with Curry and Klay...it's Harden I'd worry about...Kyrie is a head case even during the best of times...maybe that's another reason the Nets made the trade- as an insurance policy in case Kyrie gets into another one of his moods

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I think KD can deal with it...he won titles with Curry and Klay...it's Harden I'd worry about...Kyrie is a head case even during the best of times...maybe that's another reason the Nets made the trade- as an insurance policy in case Kyrie gets into another one of his moods
And Harden is a guy who throws up bad shots and falls apart in the playoffs because he thinks he can shoot his way out of anything. For this to work, everyone has to defer to KD who is a great player. Neither Curry or Thompson were egomaniacs and in Kyrie and JH, you got two of the biggest maniacs around.

·
Registered
14,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
And Harden is a guy who throws up bad shots and falls apart in the playoffs because he thinks he can shoot his way out of anything. For this to work, everyone has to defer to KD who is a great player. Neither Curry or Thompson were egomaniacs and in Kyrie and JH, you got two of the biggest maniacs around.
people forget about Harden early in his career in OKC when he played with KD and Westbrook...Harden only became the high usage ball dominant guy once he got traded to Houston...

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
people forget about Harden early in his career in OKC when he played with KD and Westbrook...Harden only became the high usage ball dominant guy once he got traded to Houston...
I haven't forgot it or the fact, before that, Harden played at my alma mater's arch enemy, Arizona State. I think I know who Harden is.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Actually, clapping for the ball and not getting it was the impetus for the negative exchange between KD and Draymond that resulted in KD leaving.

·
Registered
14,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Actually, clapping for the ball and not getting it was the impetus for the negative exchange between KD and Draymond that resulted in KD leaving.
I think the impetus for him leaving GS was all the flack he got from everyone saying he just jumped on the bandwagon and didn't earn those rings...even during that altercation Draymond told him that 'we don't need you'...KD had to leave Golden State to save his legacy

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
I think the impetus for him leaving GS was all the flack he got from everyone saying he just jumped on the bandwagon and didn't earn those rings...even during that altercation Draymond told him that 'we don't need you'...KD had to leave Golden State to save his legacy
I suspect that played into it, as well. Nobody will ever know for sure why. KD is a strange bird.

·
Registered
14,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Pacers will not even be up to the level of last year,it will be a long season for them.Hopeful that someone can stop the Lakers,but I doubt it.
your Pacers were part of the Harden trade...you guys did well by getting rid of the disgruntled Oladipo (who was a free agent at the end of the year)...plus Oladipo hasn't fully regained his All-Star form after the injury...Caris LeVert seems like a better fit with Brogdon and Sabonis

·
Registered
27,682 Posts
Friday night's game between the Warriors and Suns is the latest to be postponed. Phoenix did not have the league mandated 8 players available due to contact tracing protocol.

This is getting out of hand. Back to the bubble?

·
Registered
841 Posts
I agree that Oladipo is not a great loss. His shooting percentage is terrible. I would rather lose than have Hardin and Irving on my team.Durant I dont mind so much.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Friday night's game between the Warriors and Suns is the latest to be postponed. Phoenix did not have the league mandated 8 players available due to contact tracing protocol.

This is getting out of hand. Back to the bubble?
Players DON'T want back in the bubble.....I don't blame them......

·
Registered
27,682 Posts
Players DON'T want back in the bubble.....I don't blame them......
Well, I know they don't want it, but they may have to. As Don Draper once famously told his protege in 'Mad Men' when she expressed distain for doing something she found distasteful...

"That's what the money's for".

·
Registered
14,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I'm shocked the Pacers didn't call off the trade after this...

Indiana Pacers' Caris LeVert out indefinitely after small mass found on kidney

Indiana Pacers wing Caris LeVert is out indefinitely after an MRI revealed a small mass on his left kidney, the team announced Saturday...the mass was found during a physical prior to the Pacers finalizing the trade to acquire LeVert...he will undergo further tests

because of this there was a slight adjustment to the trade made on Saturday, as a 2024 second-round pick from Cleveland that was originally going to the Nets is now being sent to Indiana due to this finding during LeVert's physical...

·
Registered
14,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
and right on queue...Harden's debut with the Nets was as good as it gets...32 points, 14 assist, 11 rebound triple double...exactly what I was hoping for- the OKC Harden who won 6th Man of the Year...not the iso ball Houston version...him and KD played beautifully off each other...KD had 42 points...hopefully Harden can keep this up...and when Kyrie comes back he needs to buy in as well

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
LeRoid is gonna need his ego massaged after this one! :p Refs did all they could, with LA +13 on free throw attempts, but not enough to stop the juggernaut 6-6 (now 7-6) Warriors.

...and they don't even have Klay ...

·
Registered
14,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
it's scary how good Durant and Harden are playing together...I was hoping Harden would play less iso ball and revert back to a better version of OKC Harden but he has exceeded all my expectations...the ball movement feels like the Steph/Klay Golden State Warriors offense...

41 - 60 of 66 Posts