AVS Forum banner

3101 - 3120 of 3371 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm just not that bothered about dse.. this tv punches well above its weight and it's not bogged down with a resource hog like google tv, not fan boying but that iPq app is the real game changer.. with my iPad I can get really closet to a very good calibration. At least to the point I know the extra few percent is not worth a pro coming out.. I had a Samsung I was never that happy with the color production.. with this one I take 12 photos and done.. as good as a pro job? No.. good enough for a jerk like me? Oh heck yea

·
Registered
16,415 Posts
First of all, I do not own the 6 series but, have the 5 (2020). Still debating to return the 5 and get the 6 from Amazon. I'm assuming that the your panel is almost identical to the 5 internal processing aside. That being said, does your panel emit a slight light just above the on/off/standby light while viewing in Letterbox? I have turned in Settings>Standby LED to both on and off and still it remains.
No sir, nothing seen ..

Sony X800, “Once Upon A Time in Hollywood” 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray

Reactions: roberteyewhy

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thanks. Will wait for mgkdragn's results too. I think that it is my panel. No way it's by design. I mean during a movie, it's hardly noticeable. But, on a blank screen, then one can really see the 'bleeding'...it becomes much more pronounced.

What does 75635 mean?

"Such is Life!"

Robert
Robert, did you post a picture or have one to post ?

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm just not that bothered about dse.. this tv punches well above its weight and it's not bogged down with a resource hog like google tv, not fan boying but that iPq app is the real game changer.. with my iPad I can get really closet to a very good calibration. At least to the point I know the extra few percent is not worth a pro coming out.. I had a Samsung I was never that happy with the color production.. with this one I take 12 photos and done.. as good as a pro job? No.. good enough for a jerk like me? Oh heck yea
Your not calibrating color and such with the app but I do think it helps a little with the white balance. Results really varied the times I used it but one of them it did improve a little.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Where you totally ignore the information I gave you. Please actually read the post you quoted. Features and fixes came for the 2019 TCL models AFTER the 2020 models were released. Therefore 2020 TCL models will probably receive fixes well into 2021 even AFTER the 2021 models are released. They come via Roku firmware updates!

To the other readers of this thread, it seems you just like to complain. Once you've complained about your 5-Series panels, how many times do we have to hear it? Every page?
Just posted on the ratings forum... if true completely backs up my experience in mass marketing.. love to hear Bruce from tcl answer these claims :

And this one is really for you

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Just posted on the ratings forum... if true completely backs up my experience in mass marketing.. love to hear Bruce from tcl answer these claims :

View attachment 3078060

View attachment 3078061

View attachment 3078062
If that is for the 5-Series (which you own), 6-Series owners don't care.

If that's for the 6-Series (last screenshot), and you feel that's valid information... then you best cancel your two orders before they arrive. ;)

Your screenshot say Rtngs hasn't re-tested the 6-Series since firmware update.

·
Registered
296 Posts
If that is for the 5-Series (which you own), 6-Series owners don't care.

If that's for the 6-Series (last screenshot), and you feel that's valid information... then you best cancel your two orders before they arrive. ;)

Your screenshot say Rtngs hasn't re-tested the 6-Series since firmware update.
No it’s the 6 series comments on ratings... and I’ll own two 6 series tomorrow... keep trying to change the narrative - the point the guy from rtings is saying in the comments, if the update addressed tv performance tcl would
Mention it, as every manufacture does when the do something that improves performance of their product.

·
Registered
49 Posts
That’s panel stutter and the processor being taxed... I explained that a few pages back... it’s like a video game dropping a few frames real quick...
I wonder what is so taxing in these instances. It wasn't a 4K HDR stream it was just 1080p SDR. I haven't noticed it except these 2 instances. That being said I've only had the set for a couple of weeks. I have a couple other TCL 4 series TV's and never experienced this issue. I know they are lower end compared to the 6 series and don't have as much going on. Maybe thats why they don't have these issue's.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I wonder what is so taxing in these instances. It wasn't a 4K HDR stream it was just 1080p SDR. I haven't noticed it except these 2 instances. That being said I've only had the set for a couple of weeks. I have a couple other TCL 4 series TV's and never experienced this issue. I know they are lower end compared to the 6 series and don't have as much going on. Maybe thats why they don't have these issue's.
I don’t know enough about the processor, but it’s definitely getting stressed at times. Could be the os bogging it down only tcl knows the answer to this and the inner workings of the chip and their programming...The series 5 does it to that’s how we figure it’s not just panel stutter (6 is 120hz vs the 5 60hz)... heat was one theory most of the time when we would notice it, the tv had been on for awhile... maybe the cpu gets throttled like a pc and pulls the clock rate down so it doesn’t over heat, but I honestly don’t know the true reason here, just guesses...

·
Registered
16,415 Posts
I don't have a clue .. if it were me, on a stream, I'd likely chalk it up to my ISP burping (that's a technical term) .. especially if it was a couple isolated instances .. sometimes, the simplest answer is the right answer ..

·
Registered
5 Posts

View attachment 3078060

View attachment 3078061

View attachment 3078062
I can confirm I have the same issue. Every time I come back to the TV after it's been off the red's are way overblown. It started with 9.4. I flip it off movie mode and back and it corrects itself. Not a huge deal but a pain to have to do every time. I did see one other comment in this thread about it back when 9.4 was first released but nothing since. I was surprised more people aren't experiencing the issue or talking about it.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
No it’s the 6 series comments on ratings... and I’ll own two 6 series tomorrow... keep trying to change the narrative - the point the guy from rtings is saying in the comments, if the update addressed tv performance tcl would
Mention it, as every manufacture does when the do something that improves performance of their product.
The only narrative is all you do is complain. Why do you keep beating the same horse?

If this thread goes a day without posts, it seems you feel compelled to post yet another complaint about TCL.

And when people post good stuff about their TCL TVs I've seen you denigrate them, saying they don't know better. Here's what you wrote about one user who owns this TV:

I was making a point you run around and fanboy your arse off here... drooling.. jaw dropping.. the point was you copy and paste settings your argued to me I don’t know what I am talking about, I proved you don’t know what you are talking about... you assumed copying and pasting CNET settings was also to be done to hdr... I read the article and if you don’t pay attention I can see how someone would assume to copy those settings for both sdr and hdr... my other point is the reason YOU don’t have any major blooming issue is because you nerfed your contrast in hdr.... I be willing to bet you there is not one person on this forum that has their hdr contrast at 80,, 99% of the people here probably have it at max. Were technically it should be... I should a solution to help the black crush a hair and help blooming a hair, but you came riding in on your white horse screaming o don’t know wtf I’m talking about... I tried to be civll with you but you didn’t want any of that... even when you admitted I was right about default settings I didn’t rub it in your face! I offered you some advice you could take it or leave it I don’t care...

·
Registered
16,415 Posts
My wife was watching some TV Series on Netflix and damn the PQ was exceptional ,3D like,with depth! Can only imagine what a UHD disk will look like!
I flipped on "Avatar" last night, Disney+, decided to take a break from my re-watch of "Game of Thrones" .. the fight and flight scenes were nothing less than spectacular ..

·
Registered
208 Posts
No sir, nothing seen ..

Sony X800, “Once Upon A Time in Hollywood” 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
Thank you sir. Well, it's my panel; which is what I deduced. Going to return it before the 31st of this month. As I posted earlier, the slight 'bleeding' occurs on a blank/stand by screen as well. Can not keep this version (5) as it seems to have issues that the 6 does not.

Robert, did you post a picture or have one to post ?
Will post some. Bb412, you have to wait until it's night-time as that is when it shows best.

Thanks to all for your help,
Robert

P.S. Have decided to finally get rid of my Panny.:( Just too much variables for me to try to repair it myself.

·
Registered
296 Posts
And if you think the 6 series has issues, serious QC issues why in the hell would you buy one not to mention more than one? Something fishy going on real 6 series owners.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Reading comprehension - you appear to lack it... scroll back to the op...

·
Registered
296 Posts
The only narrative is all you do is complain. Why do you keep beating the same horse?

If this thread goes a day without posts, it seems you feel compelled to post yet another complaint about TCL.

And when people post good stuff about their TCL TVs I've seen you denigrate them, saying they don't know better. Here's what you wrote about one user who owns this TV:
Lol trying to spin the narrative again... people reading the last few pages understand the context and I didn’t degrade the Metallica lover in the post....

no reply to the guy above that backs up the firmware issue ? It’s a handful of you fanboys that just want to argue and not offer anything constructive such as making a complaint to tcl, checking to see if your tv does it, asking Bruce from tcl to clarify it here...

3101 - 3120 of 3371 Posts