AVS Forum banner

3121 - 3140 of 3371 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thank you sir. Well, it's my panel; which is what I deduced. Going to return it before the 31st of this month. As I posted earlier, the slight 'bleeding' occurs on a blank/stand by screen as well. Can not keep this version (5) as it seems to have issues that the 6 does not.

Will post some. Bb412, you have to wait until it's night-time as that is when it shows best.

Thanks to all for your help,
Robert

P.S. Have decided to finally get rid of my Panny.:( Just too much variables for me to try to repair it myself.
Ok. I’ll look when you post it

·
Registered
296 Posts
I flipped on "Avatar" last night, Disney+, decided to take a break from my re-watch of "Game of Thrones" .. the fight and flight scenes were nothing less than spectacular ..
What’s odd about that movie - for not being hdr/dv It sure as hell doesn’t look like what it is (sdr) James Cameron must have been way ahead of the post processing game with that movie..

·
Registered
18,930 Posts
Was debating between the 6 series and Vizio M8 for family room tv (mainly wife and kids). Decided the 6 series was probably the one and wouldn’t you know, BBY is sold out of all 6 series. Lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
No it’s the 6 series comments on ratings... and I’ll own two 6 series tomorrow... keep trying to change the narrative - the point the guy from rtings is saying in the comments, if the update addressed tv performance tcl would
Mention it, as every manufacture does when the do something that improves performance of their product.
Is there a way to put your post on ignore? Like in the abs forum is there a block user function? I would really like to be able to do that,, your obsession is just beyond annoying.. it's just sad, go buy an h9g and regale them with your astounding expertise... please?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Was debating between the 6 series and Vizio M8 for family room tv (mainly wife and kids). Decided the 6 series was probably the one and wouldn’t you know, BBY is sold out of all 6 series. Lol
They had them again yesterday, gone already ? Though for my region the best employer told me they only got 45 units, there not a lot for two major cities and the areas between.... seems every 10 days a small amount comes in stock.

·
Registered
18,930 Posts
They had them again yesterday, gone already ?
According to my BBY app they’re all sold out. I haven’t actually walked into a store and inquired tho.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Is there a way to put your post on ignore? Like in the abs forum is there a block user function? I would really like to be able to do that,, your obsession is just beyond annoying.. it's just sad, go buy an h9g and regale them with your astounding expertise... please?
please let me know if you find this option, funny you ignored me asking what you are doing to help or improve issues....

·
Registered
296 Posts
According to my BBY app they’re all sold out. I haven’t actually walked into a store and inquired tho.
What region you live in ? I ordered at the store but my store didn’t have it in stock, they didn’t get dispersed yet, 2 day delivery. 45 in the regional whse was what they got. What size are you looking for ? I just looked and they are still showing 65”.... but it’s 6 days delivery not 2, so my region whse sold the 45 they got.

·
Registered
16,415 Posts
I can confirm I have the same issue. Every time I come back to the TV after it's been off the red's are way overblown. It started with 9.4. I flip it off movie mode and back and it corrects itself. Not a huge deal but a pain to have to do every time. I did see one other comment in this thread about it back when 9.4 was first released but nothing since. I was surprised more people aren't experiencing the issue or talking about it.
I do wish I could comment on this, however, I don't experience it .. don't have it in Movie mode, maybe that's why .. ?? I would guess this has more to do with the ROKU OS .. ??

·
Registered
208 Posts
Don't buy from Amzaon if you intend too. It's $699 and not shipped and sold by Amazon. When it does come back in stock, $650. I'm waiting as long as I can since Super Bowl is on Feb. 7. Hopefully...

Robert

·
Registered
18,930 Posts
What region you live in ? I ordered at the store but my store didn’t have it in stock, they didn’t get dispersed yet, 2 day delivery. 45 in the regional whse was what they got. What size are you looking for ? I just looked and they are still showing 65”.... but it’s 6 days delivery not 2, so my region whse sold the 45 they got.
I’m looking for the 55”. But according to the app all 3 sizes are sold out. Not sure how accurate the app is compared to going in the store and having them search inventory. I’m feeling chick fil a for lunch. There’s a BBY not too far from there. If I have time might stop in.

·
Registered
18,930 Posts
Don't buy from Amzaon if you intend too. It's $699 and not shipped and sold by Amazon. When it does come but in stock, $650.

Robert
I noticed that too. I’m in no big rush. Will wait for BBY to get them back in.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks. Will wait for mgkdragn's results too. I think that it is my panel. No way it's by design. I mean during a movie, it's hardly noticeable. But, on a blank screen, then one can really see the 'bleeding'...it becomes much more pronounced.

What does 75635 mean?
"Such is Life!"
Robert
Sorry. 75R635

is there a specific condition you want a photo of, like a black screen?

·
Registered
16,415 Posts
I know a guy that knows a guy that works in Amazon procurement, who claims Amazon and other big retailers are flying in the TV's from overseas on cargo planes rather than use cargo ships. Supposedly, the demand, especially after the last stimulus, remains pretty high.

Don't have any factual data to back that up, but it makes sense to me. The one thing I do know is, I waited a while for a price drop on Amazon last year for my 75" to no avail. Finally just threw in the towel and bought one.

3121 - 3140 of 3371 Posts