AVS Forum banner

4301 - 4320 of 4401 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Just hook it up however and don't worry about those settings. ALLM is a gimmick (just set game mode on in tv settings manually) and VRR remains bugged with no fix in sight on these sets.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
Thank you very much!

·
Registered
77 Posts
My settings aren't anything special, I haven't done any calibration outside of the eye test. Brighter (probably not ideal for SDR but I'm too lazy to change it every time the content type switches), Movie Mode, backlight 20, contrast 95, sharpness 0, color 60 (I boosted this manually slightly), no tint, color temp Normal (I know warm is considered most accurate but I just can't do it, even after a week I couldn't handle it), color space: Auto, Gamma 2.2, Noise Reduction Off.
Thanks, man. Totally diff settings to me I have to say. Backlight is interesting though. I really haven't adjusted it at all, so it's like 80 I think. And Im using natural and warm, lol.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Did anyone experience TV turning off by itself, or start flicker for no reason? It did turn off itself already 5-6 times over last two weeks and today it started to flicker for no reason. It stopped after I turned it off/on. I was quite happy that I almost have no DSE, but it looks like even if you are lucky with panel, there are other issues with this TV.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine flickers to a black screen for about 5-10 minutes randomly after turning it on, even on the built in apps. Otherwise no issues with the panel. Not sure what to make of it

Did anyone experience TV turning off by itself, or start flicker for no reason? It did turn off itself already 5-6 times over last two weeks and today it started to flicker for no reason. It stopped after I turned it off/on. I was quite happy that I almost have no DSE, but it looks like even if you are lucky with panel, there are other issues with this TV.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mine flickers to a black screen for about 5-10 minutes randomly after turning it on, even on the built in apps. Otherwise no issues with the panel. Not sure what to make of it
Yes, that is exactly how it was flickering - to a black screen. It did happen when my son switched from Xbox to Shield. After I turned it off/on, it was fine. I hope it is not a sign that TV starting to die.

Edit: Just found on other forums people mentioning same issue - they said it was a first sign of LED dying. I'm now in the last week when I can return TV, not sure what to do...

·
Registered
333 Posts
No new posts in the last 2 days!
U guys must be all mesmerized by the PQ !
Just finished The Ten Commandments 4K UHD, so I've been busy! Picture quality is amazing. The TCL 635 and Panasonic 820 combine for an amazing experience. (still need to add a soundbar)

·
Registered
16,790 Posts
Edit: Just found on other forums people mentioning same issue - they said it was a first sign of LED dying. I'm now in the last week when I can return TV, not sure what to do...
Links to that info would be helpful, since I can't seem to find that issue on the 2020 model .. if I recall correctly, it's been mentioned on this thread in the past and a reset corrected it .. ?? My 75" has gone to black a few times, when changing the ROKU wallpaper for some odd reason ..

·
Registered
92 Posts
Links to that info would be helpful, since I can't seem to find that issue on the 2020 model .. if I recall correctly, it's been mentioned on this thread in the past and a reset corrected it .. ?? My 75" has gone to black a few times, when changing the ROKU wallpaper for some odd reason ..
Here is the link - Roku TV flashing black screen , it is not specific to this TV model, but multiple different TV models with common issue mentioned there, in some cases it looks like ROKU issue, in others it is failing hardware issue, so now I'm guessing which one I experience...)

·
Registered
16,790 Posts
Here is the link - Roku TV flashing black screen , it is not specific to this TV model, but multiple different TV models with common issue mentioned there, in some cases it looks like ROKU issue, in others it is failing hardware issue, so now I'm guessing which one I experience...)
I took a quick look thru that thread and it looks like most all of those posts deal with an external ROKU .. is there any event that seems to trigger your issue .. ??

Reactions: joe domingos

·
Registered
92 Posts
I took a quick look thru that thread and it looks like most all of those posts deal with an external ROKU .. is there any event that seems to trigger your issue .. ??
In my case it was switching from Xbox input to Shield input. TV started flicker to black screen, when I went to TV menu, it did not flicker but when I tried to go to Shield input again, it was flickering again. Only complete turn off/on of TV helped. Maybe it is HDMI input issue? I got this TV about 3 weeks ago and it is first time this happened - not sure whether it is one time glitch or a sign of future hardware failure.

·
Registered
16,790 Posts
In my case it was switching from Xbox input to Shield input. TV started flicker to black screen, when I went to TV menu, it did not flicker but when I tried to go to Shield input again, it was flickering again. Only complete turn off/on of TV helped. Maybe it is HDMI input issue? I got this TV about 3 weeks ago and it is first time this happened - not sure whether it is one time glitch or a sign of future hardware failure.
I'd have to guess it's a sync issue with the Shield .. especially if the built in ROKU OS works fine .. I'm working off memory here, but it seems to me some similar issues were reported by a Shield user ..

Reactions: TV seeker

·
Registered
36 Posts
Still can't get VRR to work properly, scan lines make it a total mess. How is this not false advertising on the TCL website?!? One of the reasons I bought this TV.
  • THX Certified Game Mode for optimal big-screen gaming
  • Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) provides seamless gameplay

TCL 55" Class 6-Series 4K QLED Dolby Vision HDR Smart Roku TV - 55R635
Dunno what to tell you. VRR works fine at 4k on the pc with zero issues. May just be an Xbox compatibility thing. 1440p120 vrr is another story (intermittent annoying flicker), but a little bird told me to expect a fix in the next couple months :D

·
Registered
16,790 Posts

·
Registered
2020 TCL 55R635 TV (OLED-Like) - Brightly-lit, Pinpoint, Tiny Stars!), Vizio Sound Bar
4,002 Posts
Enhanced View of Pattern on Screen:

This was (is?) seen in many Vizio displays going back years ago. I did Enhancement pictured edits for various P-Series owners back then.

Reactions: TV seeker and Bb412
4301 - 4320 of 4401 Posts