AVS Forum banner

4321 - 4340 of 4401 Posts

·
Registered
2020 TCL 55R635 TV (OLED-Like) - Brightly-lit, Pinpoint, Tiny Stars!), Vizio Sound Bar
4,002 Posts
It’s hard to get a picture of it, I tried. it’s really strong in person. It’s not light bleed as you say, the bottom doesn’t have it... If you see it in person it’s a straight line even over the black areas but the camera won’t pick the dark areas up...
I zoomed-in at 400%. It's there. It's like some sort of the image is overlapping on top by several lines. If it is seperate images away from these edges from the main image in these handful of overfolding/overlapping scan lines, there'll be moving/flickering going on, independent of the rest of the image. It'll stand out. That is a legit, visually disturbing bug-a-boo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Still can't get VRR to work properly, scan lines make it a total mess. How is this not false advertising on the TCL website?!? One of the reasons I bought this TV.
  • THX Certified Game Mode for optimal big-screen gaming
  • Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) provides seamless gameplay

TCL 55" Class 6-Series 4K QLED Dolby Vision HDR Smart Roku TV - 55R635
I've been dealing with TCL support on this issue for months now on my 55 inch set.

First was opening a ticket screenshots, videos, etc and back and forth before they finally acknowledged issue.

Then they sent a local tech to replace all the guts and boards pretty much everything but the panel and frame. Of course no different.

As of this morning they are shipping a replacement set that the local tech will setup and verify. I have doubts...

If it doesn't fix it I am 100% pushing for a refund which the tech has hinted is the next step that TCL will likely offer. I am patient but I bought this set over others at a premium for the VRR feature specifically after getting spoiled on freesync when I still gamed on PC, and Xbox VRR works great on my 24inch ultrawide monitor so guessing its 100% a TCL issue.

I only really wish I caught this issue within my 30 day return window.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've been dealing with TCL support on this issue for months now on my 55 inch set.

First was opening a ticket screenshots, videos, etc and back and forth before they finally acknowledged issue.

Then they sent a local tech to replace all the guts and boards pretty much everything but the panel and frame. Of course no different.

As of this morning they are shipping a replacement set that the local tech will setup and verify. I have doubts...

If it doesn't fix it I am 100% pushing for a refund which the tech has hinted is the next step that TCL will likely offer. I am patient but I bought this set over others at a premium for the VRR feature specifically after getting spoiled on freesync when I still gamed on PC, and Xbox VRR works great on my 24inch ultrawide monitor so guessing its 100% a TCL issue.

I only really wish I caught this issue within my 30 day return window.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
This was the path I was heading down but ultimately stopped figuring itd be more hassle than its worth. How have they not understood that the problem exists with all TVs?

And yes I'm using Xbox Series X. VRR works fine with any other TV, monitor.... But not the R635. It's definitely the TV.

THX shouldn't be certifying crap on this set. Embarrassing.

Now I feel like I should go through this effort.

·
Registered
9 Posts
[QUOTE = "redsrule2500, publicación: 60639016, miembro: 7791284"]
Este era el camino por el que me dirigía, pero finalmente dejé de pensar que sería más complicado de lo que vale. ¿Cómo no han entendido que el problema existe con todos los televisores?

Y sí, estoy usando Xbox Series X. VRR funciona bien con cualquier otro televisor, monitor ... Pero no con el R635. Definitivamente es la TV.

THX no debería estar certificando basura en este set. Embarazoso.

Ahora siento que debería hacer este esfuerzo.
[/CITA]
Pienso que sí funciona porque yo lo coloque en 1440p 120fps y si variaba pero ahorita la mayoría de juegos corren a 60 completamente sin caídas y por eso que no se dan cuenta, yo pulsaba OK en el mando del TCL y veía como bajaba la frecuencia a 110 90 y subía.

·
Registered
547 Posts
This was the path I was heading down but ultimately stopped figuring itd be more hassle than its worth. How have they not understood that the problem exists with all TVs?

And yes I'm using Xbox Series X. VRR works fine with any other TV, monitor.... But not the R635. It's definitely the TV.

THX shouldn't be certifying crap on this set. Embarrassing.

Now I feel like I should go through this effort.
Go buy an overpriced Sony or Samsung!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not at all actually. Still looks inky to me, even black borders on movies. I only use it in hdr though if that makes a difference. Sdr is perfect as is.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Not at all actually. Still looks inky to me, even black borders on movies. I only use it in hdr though if that makes a difference. Sdr is perfect as is.
This means that it is very dependant on panel then - since on my TV when I switch to gamma 2.0, black looks more grey and picture looks less appealing.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Regarding comments about the R635 "not handling motion well" and "having artifacts" is that under all circumstances, or is that only when using soap-opera-ification (interpolation and similar)?
Received my tv today and with all of those settings OFF and the other settings configured similar to those at rtings, I seem to be experiencing this. I am coming from a couple of plasmas though so I just kind of wonder if it's not one of those things that my eyes will eventually adjust to. It's obviously not nearly as bad as the SOE you get with motion settings turned on - it's more like...I don't know... everything looks kind of like an old BBC show.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Another update for me....10.0.0-4182 I think something like that.Seems to have fixed the color bug (no more switching in and out of movie mode).Some changes in roku s audio menu as well.

·
Registered
16,790 Posts
It may just be my imagination, but the latest update seems to have made the main ROKU menu faster / more responsive and has certainly improved the speed of browsing on NetFlix and other streamers ..

·
Registered
39 Posts
My set did update on the 7th of April but I still had the no audio issue last night and had to restart the TV to fix it. It hasn't happened in a few weeks but apparently the update did not address that. I just checked for an update but did not get the 10.0.0 yet.

4321 - 4340 of 4401 Posts