AVS Forum banner

141 - 160 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm not a huge AV guy, but I purchased this TV based on its value.

TV seems good but I'm running into issues with audio. For example, if using the Prime app the audio is fine. However if I use my new Chromecast 4k's prime app there is no audio. (5.1 audio, stereo works fine in both applications)

Is something wrong with this TV? I just arrived yesterday, so I'm more than happy to return it ASAP if there is an issue.

EDIT: I chatted with Vizio support, and I'm told that there are some HDMI issues with the TV. They are working on a new firmware with no ETA on its arrival.

Annoyingly I'm not sure if this a catch all response or if there is something truly wrong with the TV hardware wise. I don't want to miss my return/exchange window.

Can anyone else confirm they are having this issue?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ive just purchased the P75Qx. Took a few hours dialing everything in but one thing that i have yet to be able to do is Change the refresh rate via PC source. The panel is identified correctly but the refresh rate tops out at 60hz. Im using an RTX 2080ti GPU via an hdmi 2.1 cable into the hdmi #3 Port on the PQX. The exact same setup Works on my LG CX Oled and i can select the 120hz refresh rate in nvidia settings but its not availible on the PQX. The firmware was updated automatically yesterday so i dont suspect that i the culprit. In Game menu is also capped out at 60 hz no 120hz option availible. Ive changed the game engine settings to low latency hdmi 2.1 and VRR but still no luck. Any help would be appreciated guys. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Ive just purchased the P75Qx. Took a few hours dialing everything in but one thing that i have yet to be able to do is Change the refresh rate via PC source. The panel is identified correctly but the refresh rate tops out at 60hz. Im using an RTX 2080ti GPU via an hdmi 2.1 cable into the hdmi #3 Port on the PQX. The exact same setup Works on my LG CX Oled and i can select the 120hz refresh rate in nvidia settings but its not availible on the PQX. The firmware was updated automatically yesterday so i dont suspect that i the culprit. In Game menu is also capped out at 60 hz no 120hz option availible. Ive changed the game engine settings to low latency hdmi 2.1 and VRR but still no luck. Any help would be appreciated guys. Thanks in advance.
You're in the wrong thread buddy. Post your question in this thread instead:

This thread is only for the M-Series Quantum (whether MQ7 or MQ8 variants) owners.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Rtings has the M7 up in Early Access, should have full review here in a few days. Curious to see how it turns out, I really liked mine but ended up returning it when I got a great deal on a TCL 6 Series. Feel like the M7 was decent value for the price, let's hope the reviews are ok.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I really need a new 55” tv and I love the M8 but it’s been out of stock. Are there any tv’s you think are comparable in this price range in other brands? I may have to go with the 65 M8, but didn’t really want to spend that much. Purchasing next week.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Rtings has the M7 up in Early Access, should have full review here in a few days. Curious to see how it turns out, I really liked mine but ended up returning it when I got a great deal on a TCL 6 Series. Feel like the M7 was decent value for the price, let's hope the reviews are ok.
Do you prefer the TCL to it so far? I don't know if something's changed recently with my M8 but the black levels are absolutely atrocious. I don't remember the picture being so washed out before.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Do you prefer the TCL to it so far? I don't know if something's changed recently with my M8 but the black levels are absolutely atrocious. I don't remember the picture being so washed out before.
To be honest with you, the TCL 6 blows the Vizio out of the water. I genuinely liked the Vizio, and I think it's a good TV, but the TCL strikes me personally as one of the best TV's I've seen, not even just for value. I know there was some talk about panel issues this year with TCL which is rare for them, but mine at least looks perfect. But the 6 series blowing the M7 away, that's to be expected, I feel like Vizio M Series are more competing against the TCL 5 Series, and I think that'd be a much closer call. But I paid $100 more for the TCL 6 series over my M7, and for the picture I get with it, it's not even a competition. But again, I really dug the M7, not trying to rain on Vizio's parade, think they don't get near enough attention in the budget range nowadays with TCL and Hisense blowing up in popularity.

·
Registered
20 Posts
To be honest with you, the TCL 6 blows the Vizio out of the water. I genuinely liked the Vizio, and I think it's a good TV, but the TCL strikes me personally as one of the best TV's I've seen, not even just for value. I know there was some talk about panel issues this year with TCL which is rare for them, but mine at least looks perfect. But the 6 series blowing the M7 away, that's to be expected, I feel like Vizio M Series are more competing against the TCL 5 Series, and I think that'd be a much closer call. But I paid $100 more for the TCL 6 series over my M7, and for the picture I get with it, it's not even a competition. But again, I really dug the M7, not trying to rain on Vizio's parade, think they don't get near enough attention in the budget range nowadays with TCL and Hisense blowing up in popularity.
Okay. Yeah, I'm very unhappy with my M8. It's my first Vizio and the image is significantly worse than the 2018 TCL that's in my room. Oh well, lesson learned. I'm actually going to get the Sony X900H next week as I'm done with the Vizio, TCL, and Hisense brands. Too many headaches and shortcomings for me.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Okay. Yeah, I'm very unhappy with my M8. It's my first Vizio and the image is significantly worse than the 2018 TCL that's in my room. Oh well, lesson learned. I'm actually going to get the Sony X900H next week as I'm done with the Vizio, TCL, and Hisense brands. Too many headaches and shortcomings for me.
To me, the best TV's on the market right now are the X900 and the LG CX. Both I'd argue provide fantastic performance for the price, even the CX (pricey yes, but damn that performance is outta this world). I'm at a place where I can justify $500-600 for a TV, but flirting with $1000 is a bit outside my budget. Hopefully in 4 years or so when I'm ready to upgrade, my budget will be more fun to play with.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know how to get 120hz to display with this tv? It displays a 120hz signal at 1440p and 1080p with reduced timings, but it only renders physically at 60hz. The old Vizio M series could do 120hz under 4k.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does anyone know how to get 120hz to display with this tv? It displays a 120hz signal at 1440p and 1080p with reduced timings, but it only renders physically at 60hz. The old Vizio M series could do 120hz under 4k.
I don't think this TV does 120. I thought it was only 60.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The M-Series has always been a 60Hz panel, you might be thinking of the P-Series? Or maybe the fact that companies always put their "motion rate" on the box? Motion rate is completely meaningless, 120Hz can only be done on a 120Hz panel, and only the Vizio P Series has had that. Well, and now their OLED, but still.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So I've had this TV for a week now, and it just seems like the color is very muted. I can't describe it, but as my gf says, it looks as there is a sheen of grey over everything. It happens on all the modes. Anyone else have this issue?? This is using the built in tv apps like netflix, playing HDR content.

Rting says to set the Color Space range to RGB, but it's locked on auto. I can't seem to change it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #155

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I've had this TV for a week now, and it just seems like the color is very muted. I can't describe it, but as my gf says, it looks as there is a sheen of grey over everything. It happens on all the modes. Anyone else have this issue?? This is using the built in tv apps like netflix, playing HDR content.

Rting says to set the Color Space range to RGB, but it's locked on auto. I can't seem to change it.
Yes, the picture quality is not great at all. I personally regret getting it and will stay away from Vizio going forward.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, the picture quality is not great at all. I personally regret getting it and will stay away from Vizio going forward.
I've had non stop issues with this TV. As I type this, my TV is showing SMARTCAST Home Not Available. Error code: 2101. It cycles this, and then just turns off. I power it up, and the same thing happens.

Clearly not ready for prime time. I have until Nov 15th to return this TV, and by the look of it I most certainly will. Honestly, for all the rave reviews I've seen, it hasn't live up to the hype AT ALL. Either people have a very low standard for TVs, or Vizio has a serious QC/QA problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've had non stop issues with this TV. As I type this, my TV is showing SMARTCAST Home Not Available. Error code: 2101. It cycles this, and then just turns off. I power it up, and the same thing happens.

Clearly not ready for prime time. I have until Nov 15th to return this TV, and by the look of it I most certainly will. Honestly, for all the rave reviews I've seen, it hasn't live up to the hype AT ALL. Either people have a very low standard for TVs, or Vizio has a serious QC/QA problem.
It's both. I think people that really like Vizio have never owned a Sony TV before. Don't get me wrong, I knew it was a budget TV before I got it but man I regret getting it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's both. I think people that really like Vizio have never owned a Sony TV before. Don't get me wrong, I knew it was a budget TV before I got it but man I regret getting it.
Its been a little over a week now, and now I'm just trying to stomach doubling the money spent for a X90CH. I thought about the TCL 6, and Hisense 9, but I'm afraid I'll just run into the same rave review to real life disappointment situation. Thinking I'll just use this TV till the return date, then drop it off at Walmart and swing over to Costco to pick up the X90CH. Figure get a Sony, and 99.99% chance I don't have to bring it back. Seriously, returning TVs is a huge hassle. I'm sure some people don't mind doing it for the panel lottery, but what a PIA.

141 - 160 of 204 Posts