AVS Forum banner

261 - 280 of 544 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Any new word on the release of the 75" or the 85" ? Best Buy still says 8/2 as the release which is this Sunday. I doubt that will happen. I thought I saw the 85" posted on Walmart but it's since gone.
Vizio said the 8/2 release for the 75" at Best Buy is accurate. No release date set for the 85" outside of "this Fall."

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Geez, I wish this 85" TV would hurry up and release. I've got money burning a hole in my pocket and the Sony X900H is my only other choice in this price range with somewhat comparable specs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Geez, I wish this 85" TV would hurry up and release. I've got money burning a hole in my pocket and the Sony X900H is my only other choice in this price range with somewhat comparable specs.
I was eyeing a 900F Sony for last few weeks but I lost my chance.. it's gone now.. replaced by 900H.. anyone know what the disadvantages are for the 900H besides the $$$$

·
Registered
314 Posts
Honestly, the X900H is fine. But underwhelming. I would like to see the difference the HDR makes as well as the DSE/Jailbars/Banding on the Vizio when it is around. If the 75" looks great, I might return the Sony (I have 90 days) and wait for the 85" which may or may not ever exist. (I won't believe a word until it is actually available in the real world we exist in)

I was eyeing a 900F Sony for last few weeks but I lost my chance.. it's gone now.. replaced by 900H.. anyone know what the disadvantages are for the 900H besides the $$$$

·
Registered
17 Posts
I mentioned earlier that Wal-mart has the same rear image of the PQX for both the 75- and 85-inch models. I measured the pixel dimensions, and given that the 75-inch version has a 400mm vesa pattern, that seems to be the model in the photo.

I'm still trying to figure out how the mounting screws will be positioned on the 85-inch--I presume this info just isn't out there yet.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Need to pull the trigger on a TV since my old Vizio started dying this week. Is this even comparable to a 85" Q90T? Was going to wait for reviews, but my TV just crapped out.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Need to pull the trigger on a TV since my old Vizio started dying this week. Is this even comparable to a 85" Q90T? Was going to wait for reviews, but my TV just crapped out.
No, the Q90T actually exists and is a very good TV. The 85 inch Vizio is supposed to come out sometime this fall. We hope it will be comparable, but there’s no guarantee it will be on shelves this year.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You guys are crazy if you buy this on launch day.

I did some looking at pricing on Camelcamelcamel.com for trends in Vizios pricing. Within a few months they almost all fell off of a cliff, so patients will be key, unless you are okay with paying a minimum of many hundreds more than it will be selling for come early 2021.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I’d probably lean towards 90T being the better TV but it also is a good bit more expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
213 Posts

I did some looking at pricing on Camelcamelcamel.com for trends in Vizios pricing. Within a few months they almost all fell off of a cliff, so patients will be key, unless you are okay with paying a minimum of many hundreds more than it will be selling for come early 2021.
Very true. But it's certainly odd that the 75" PQX starts at $2000 instead of $3500 like last year. Either they're trying to hold value, or cutting a lot of corners (if the LTT video is any indication)

·
Registered
6,339 Posts

Patients are indeed key...for dentists, doctors, and hospitals.

As for the rest of your comment, not everyone is poor or in an economically tight situation (anyone that can't comfortably spend 3k on a TV probably shouldn't be interested in buying it in the first place) or is one of those people that constantly has to try and get the best deal every time they spend money. While I am not going to be buying this TV as I don't need it, a few months of added use would be worth a few hundred bucks to me. You have to get into the thousands of dollars range for me to justify waiting months to buy something.

I have a buddy that is always looking for the lowest price and delays and delays buying things for that (even if it means he'll save a whole 20-30 bucks despite him and his wife making a combined 6 figures and having low living costs) even though he has the means to not have to do that. Seems like a miserable way to go through life. To each their own though.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
The unit that Linus has is an engineering sample. I'd reserve judgement until RTINGS reviews an actual production model.
It is bizarre however that they sent a flawed pre-production sample of their flagship LCD to a youtuber with 11.5 million subscribers and let him give his honest opinion on what he saw. Can't figure out the strategy there. I am really hoping this set meets and exceeds last years as it's on the top of my list but this does have me a little worried.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Patients are indeed key...for dentists, doctors, and hospitals.

As for the rest of your comment, not everyone is poor or in an economically tight situation (anyone that can't comfortably spend 3k on a TV probably shouldn't be interested in buying it in the first place) or is one of those people that constantly has to try and get the best deal every time they spend money. While I am not going to be buying this TV as I don't need it, a few months of added use would be worth a few hundred bucks to me. You have to get into the thousands of dollars range for me to justify waiting months to buy something.

I have a buddy that is always looking for the lowest price and delays and delays buying things for that (even if it means he'll save a whole 20-30 bucks despite him and his wife making a combined 6 figures and having low living costs) even though he has the means to not have to do that. Seems like a miserable way to go through life. To each their own though.
I am not financially tight. I could put a 85 in every room of my house if I so desired.

However it would burn me up if something I just bought dropped in price by 33% within a few months of me purchasing it.

The reason I am not financially tight is because I don't go around wasting money when I don't need too.

If you enjoy paying more money just so you can be the first person on the block with a low-quality Vizio TV, then go right ahead it's a free country.

261 - 280 of 544 Posts