AVS Forum banner

281 - 300 of 351 Posts

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
For me the key to this TV will be the processor. Micro dots, Quantom dots, polka dots, 790 dimming zones. All a bunch of gobbelty gook. If the new Vizio processor is anywhere close to the top Sony processor then it will kick ass.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
For me the key to this TV will be the processor. Micro dots, Quantom dots, polka dots, 790 dimming zones. All a bunch of gobbelty gook. If the new Vizio processor is anywhere close to the top Sony processor then it will kick ass.
That's a huge ask considering the X1 Ultimate is pretty impressive and Vizio had a difficult time with processing motion on last year's PQX - but I hope they do turn it around because competition is good

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
For those who didn't view the Stop the Fomo video, that's the point of his video
Wonder what the Vizio PQX August 2 release at BB is going to show?

We can't be too surprised that the electronics industry is floundering during these pandemic times. AVForums (updated March 24, 2020) referred to their pre-production Samsung Q950TS. See "Note from the Editor".

Too, Sony X900H wasn't a confident release, judging by reviews and AVSForum owners thread.

Currently, buyer beware re panel lottery for all brands seems to be prudent.

·
Registered
827 Posts
The bad thing about Rtings is they'll only review the 55" version which has less zones.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The bad thing about Rtings is they'll only review the 55" version which has less zones.
Rtings has to buy their own TVs so they pick the cheapest which is 55 inch most of the time. 65 inch is the smallest PQX size so the probably get that and the results should be very similar to the bigger models. The 85 inch only has more zones to compensate the size difference for equal LD performance.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well it seems the first user here got a set delivered today. So we shall see...

Reactions: PlanetAVS

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Rtings has to buy their own TVs so they pick the cheapest which is 55 inch most of the time. 65 inch is the smallest PQX size so the probably get that and the results should be very similar to the bigger models. The 85 inch only has more zones to compensate the size difference for equal LD performance.
Maybe I’m thinking about this wrong but going from 75 to 85 is a 28% increase in area while the zone # increase is a 65% increase so not sure it’s proportional.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Maybe I’m thinking about this wrong but going from 75 to 85 is a 28% increase in area while the zone # increase is a 65% increase so not sure it’s proportional.
Linus said the specs for the 85” is 3k nits while the 75” is 2800 nits so there’s something extra going on. 3k nits for the 65”.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If my math was correct when i figured awhile back the 75'' has more zones per square inch then the 85''.

Just refigured it,either my math,my memory or both were wrong.

75 has approximately 1 zone per 5.0 square inches.
85 has approximately 1 zone per 3.9 square inches.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Still no leaks on a release date? Trying so hard to hold out for the 85" but "Fall" could mean December, and the sound bar is now "holiday 2020"...might just pick up a 75".

·
Registered
26 Posts
Still no leaks on a release date? Trying so hard to hold out for the 85" but "Fall" could mean December, and the sound bar is now "holiday 2020"...might just pick up a 75".
I’d wager that fall means by Black Friday. No reason to do a 2020 release if you’re going to miss the holiday shopping season.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Don't you ever buy a tv below 85 inches in your life! Do You understand me boy!!! I hope you have a father figure in your life to tell you this, if i'm not getting through to you

·
Registered
4,262 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yeah, on page 37 the Certifications for the 65 and 75 are:

UL, cUL, FCC Class B, BETS-7/ICES- Certification 003 Class B, IC, HDMI (CEC, ARC) Dolby
Audio, Dolby Vision

For the 85:

UL, FCC Class B, IC, HDMI (CEC, ARC) Dolby Audio, Dolby Vision

cUC is Canadian UL. Dunno about the BETS-7/ICES- Certification 003 Class B stuff, but looks like no 85 in Canada?

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Yeah, on page 37 the Certifications for the 65 and 75 are:

UL, cUL, FCC Class B, BETS-7/ICES- Certification 003 Class B, IC, HDMI (CEC, ARC) Dolby
Audio, Dolby Vision

For the 85:

UL, FCC Class B, IC, HDMI (CEC, ARC) Dolby Audio, Dolby Vision

cUC is Canadian UL. Dunno about the BETS-7/ICES- Certification 003 Class B stuff, but looks like no 85 in Canada?
There was some earlier speculation that Vizio is no longer selling in Canada, but that was supposedly refuted. Not sure if it was related to the PQX specifically.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Don't you ever buy a tv below 85 inches in your life! Do You understand me boy!!! I hope you have a father figure in your life to tell you this, if i'm not getting through to you
We do not all have that option. We would never be able to get it up all the stairs to where it will be set up.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts

Product manual is online and shows some specs for the 85 inch. Interesting to me that the certifications section doesn’t have as many as the 65 and 75. Could this mean the set will exist in fewer territories?
Everyone buying a Vizio should read page 26 of this manual so you know how to turn off their extensive data collection and ad tracking. It looks like you can limit this behavior enough to make it less creepy, but if I end up getting the 85", I still might consider setting up a pi-hole (Home) to send all of the tracking data to oblivion.

281 - 300 of 351 Posts