AVS Forum banner

321 - 340 of 351 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
If the Vizio comes in at 2500 for the 85 I'm pulling the trigger, I wouldn't pay 1500 for the sony, but that's because the tech is outdated already.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
I plan to get the Sonos Arc 5.1.2 setup and the Sony 900H doesn't have eARC to support Dolby Atmos. I'm by no means an expert on any of this. However, for my use case, I would think that a comparison in specs and price between the Sony 950H 85" and Vizio PX85-H1 would be a more apples-to-apples comparison. I'll be waiting until BF or even SB to pull the trigger, so time will tell. On paper, the Vizio has me pretty excited, though.
The Sony 950H has the Xwide angle technology. Show stopper for me

·
Registered
35 Posts
The 85 is supposed to be available for sale on the 28th bestbuy systems is saying for sale on that date, Costco said end of month. Let's hope it happens and Vizio also gets some more updates out in the meantime

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I’m wondering if I’d be happy with their app system which apparently doesn’t have an App Store.
Might be leaning to a Sony. Depends on the price of this tv if it ever gets announced or
What the Sony 950h will be for BF

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m wondering if I’d be happy with their app system which apparently doesn’t have an App Store.
Might be leaning to a Sony. Depends on the price of this tv if it ever gets announced or
What the Sony 950h will be for BF
You can always get a Chromecast with Google TV to use instead

·
Registered
53 Posts
900h is already down to $2500 at Costco.

However my Costco has the 75 inch 900h, directly next to a 75 inch 2019 Quantum X, and the Picture on the Vizio blows it out of the water IMO. The colors are much more vibrant.

Honestly for those on a budget the 75 inch 2019 Quantum X for only $1200 is a pretty phenomenal deal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It does have eARC according to the specs.
It's my understanding that the 900h actually doesn't have eARC yet. Rather they plan to add it as a feature via firmware update "soon". I've been burned by Sony's plans to add updates in the past. I won't be counting my chickens before they're hatched this time around.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's my understanding that the 900h actually doesn't have eARC yet. Rather they plan to add it as a feature via firmware update "soon". I've been burned by Sony's plans to add updates in the past. I won't be counting my chickens before they're hatched this time around.
Yes it does. The update came out a few days ago.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
900h is already down to $2500 at Costco.

However my Costco has the 75 inch 900h, directly next to a 75 inch 2019 Quantum X, and the Picture on the Vizio blows it out of the water IMO. The colors are much more vibrant.

Honestly for those on a budget the 75 inch 2019 Quantum X for only $1200 is a pretty phenomenal deal.
Are you talking about the 90ch
I’ve been tracking that and unless you saw that in store I see the price at $2770 for at least a few weeks now.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I’m waiting on this set as well. Trying to decide on this vs the Q80 and 900h. I think I’ve fizzled out the Sony, but I’ve never had a Vizio as I’ve always heard upscaling picture quality OTA and on cable wasn’t as good as Sony or Samsung. Don’t want a blurry picture on such a large screen. Is that a thing of the past?

·
Registered
416 Posts
does the 950H have eARC active out of the box..??

now i'm torn whether to wait and get the Vizio 85" for $2500-$3K.. that has better specs on paper or the 950H... that I can get almost half the price...
for now..I've been happy with the last years 75" quantum x.

·
Registered
13 Posts
does the 950H have eARC active out of the box..??

now i'm torn whether to wait and get the Vizio 85" for $2500-$3K.. that has better specs on paper or the 950H... that I can get almost half the price...
for now..I've been happy with the last years 75" quantum x.
85" 950H for $1500?

321 - 340 of 351 Posts