AVS Forum banner

321 - 340 of 537 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I’m wondering if I’d be happy with their app system which apparently doesn’t have an App Store.
Might be leaning to a Sony. Depends on the price of this tv if it ever gets announced or
What the Sony 950h will be for BF

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m wondering if I’d be happy with their app system which apparently doesn’t have an App Store.
Might be leaning to a Sony. Depends on the price of this tv if it ever gets announced or
What the Sony 950h will be for BF
You can always get a Chromecast with Google TV to use instead

·
Registered
8 Posts
It does have eARC according to the specs.
It's my understanding that the 900h actually doesn't have eARC yet. Rather they plan to add it as a feature via firmware update "soon". I've been burned by Sony's plans to add updates in the past. I won't be counting my chickens before they're hatched this time around.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's my understanding that the 900h actually doesn't have eARC yet. Rather they plan to add it as a feature via firmware update "soon". I've been burned by Sony's plans to add updates in the past. I won't be counting my chickens before they're hatched this time around.
Yes it does. The update came out a few days ago.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I’m waiting on this set as well. Trying to decide on this vs the Q80 and 900h. I think I’ve fizzled out the Sony, but I’ve never had a Vizio as I’ve always heard upscaling picture quality OTA and on cable wasn’t as good as Sony or Samsung. Don’t want a blurry picture on such a large screen. Is that a thing of the past?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Well the vizio page now 404s, so not sure what that indicates
Vizio.com homepage banner finally promoting 85" PQX. P-Series page doesn't list 85" model however the general TV shop page does. This appears to be the landing page for it once it goes live (which we probably all knew anyway it's just been showing a 404 not found all this time):

The link in that post says coming soon.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Vizio page now showing the details...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Skimming the 85" specs, it seems everything is the same as the 75" except the number of zones (85" has better zone density, 4 sq in. per zone, better than the 5.35 sq in per zone of the 75") and obviously dimensions? Unless I missed anything..

·
Registered
142 Posts
Skimming the 85" specs, it seems everything is the same as the 75" except the number of zones (85" has better zone density, 4 sq in. per zone, better than the 5.35 sq in per zone of the 75") and obviously dimensions? Unless I missed anything..
Nothing significant, Vizio’s stated peak brightness is 300 nits higher on the 65 and 85 than the 75.

·
Registered
81 Posts
What is the distance between the legs on the 85 inch version? Can the legs be turned inward to shorten the distance?

·
Registered
8 Posts
RTINGS claims they've tested the 85". I wonder if that's a typo since it hasn't been released yet, or if Vizio sent them a set to review prior to official launch.

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
RTINGS claims they've tested the 85". I wonder if that's a typo since it hasn't been released yet, or if Vizio sent them a set to review prior to official launch.
I believe that was an error in their section about the best 85 inch TVs. In the full review, they stated they tested the 75

·
Registered
38 Posts
I believe that was an error in their section about the best 85 inch TVs. In the full review, they stated they tested the 75
I've noticed they do this for most all of the TV's really, test 1 or 2 sizes and use the results for the whole range, do you agree with that method? You'd think the panels would be a little different between sizes, I remember when I bought my M70C3 there were very different results between the 60, 70, and 80" panels.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've noticed they do this for most all of the TV's really, test 1 or 2 sizes and use the results for the whole range, do you agree with that method? You'd think the panels would be a little different between sizes, I remember when I bought my M70C3 there were very different results between the 60, 70, and 80" panels.
The m series panels can change the pqx panels are the same but you have panel lottery in any lcd. The 85 actually should be a tick better than the 75 due to different power supply and 300 nits more brightness.

·
Registered
245 Posts
What is the distance between the legs on the 85 inch version? Can the legs be turned inward to shorten the distance?
This is what I need to find out too, but I suspect we won't find out until someone here gets their hands on it.

If it isn't going to fit on my stand and I have to wall mount then I need to have my wall redone, which I'm willing to do but definitely need to know beforehand.

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Generally speaking its ok as most TV models are the same for all screen sizes. But there are exceptions, for example certain Sony models have the Xwide angle technology only for certain sizes. Rtngs does a good job of highlighting those situations. Also Rtngs has a section of every review where they highlight "Differences between sizes and variants"

·
Registered
423 Posts
having owned the original P70 and last years 75" QX.. the legs are left / right specific. and was the same design for both version..
and I don't think the 2020 version will be any different.

321 - 340 of 537 Posts