AVS Forum banner

341 - 360 of 537 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wasn't it supposed to be released for sale today? Don't see anything on BB website, walmart and Vizio still says out of stock.

·
Super Moderator
16,136 Posts
Price and deal's discussion removed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Its the 29th. I don't see it on their website. I do see some bundles available with the PQX and the elevate soundbar. Too bad they don't have the 85 yet. I am interested in both the tv and soundbar.
I just chatted with BB customer service to get an update; they said that the product no longer shows in their systems. What's weird is that the "coming soon" page is back up on the Vizio website:

P-Series Quantum X 85" Class (84.5" diag) 4K HDR Smart TV | P85QX-H1

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wonder if the upcoming sale on Sony's X900 85 inch has anything to do with the delay? Maybe they don't want to release while their competition is having a huge sale because they don't want to immediately discount to compete on price?

·
Super Moderator
16,136 Posts
Price and deal's talk outside of the designated deal's area is not permitted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was also interested in the PQX-H1 since early February and with all the delay and the 'not-so-good' reviews (motion handling, black performance, software) so far, I pulled the trigger and got the 85" X900H. Can't recommend enough. It's a beast. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Was also interested in the PQX-H1 since early February and with all the delay and the 'not-so-good' reviews (motion handling, black performance, software) so far, I pulled the trigger and got the 85" X900H. Can't recommend enough. It's a beast. :)
Did you get a chance to see it side by side to a PQX? I'm also considering both of these tvs.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
November 20th I am purchasing the X900H. If the Vizio appears before that I will take a look, but it is going to have to be amazing and MUCH cheaper than it is currently listed. Black Friday will be our friend this year!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
November 20th I am purchasing the X900H. If the Vizio appears before that I will take a look, but it is going to have to be amazing and MUCH cheaper than it is currently listed. Black Friday will be our friend this year!
Yeah that’s gonna be a hard to beat price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you get a chance to see it side by side to a PQX? I'm also considering both of these tvs.
Unfortunately I had no chance to compare them side by side. I totally get that the PQX has better specs (is brighter, better contrast, more dimming zones) but I was somehow done waiting and waiting. And it's still nowhere. And it seems that Vizio has some quality issues again...the reports of people complaining (reddish tint) was another point to reevaluate the whole thing. And quality-wise, you can't beat Sony. The X900H is really an awesome TV (yes, any OLED is better but I wanted 85 inch and no burn-in possibility).

·
Registered
155 Posts
On paper, Vizio is probably the best LCD TV. With their current issues, the red tint thing, general quality control, and by virtue of being Vizio however, there are plenty of legitimate reasons on why someone may choose a different TV.

·
UHD Addict
37,756 Posts
Does the red tint issue affect every set, or just a small percentage?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Does the red tint issue affect every set, or just a small percentage?
Rting was saying it was the backlighting Vizio used and the newest firmware seemed to address it but also caused green/blue lines from the backlight so they chose to go back to the red tint.

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Rting was saying it was the backlighting Vizio used and the newest firmware seemed to address it but also caused green/blue lines from the backlight so they chose to go back to the red tint.
Incorrect. They went back to the original calibration. Firmware cannot be rolled back

341 - 360 of 537 Posts