AVS Forum banner

541 - 560 of 802 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Pulled the trigger on the 75" PQX. Won't say the price but Best Buy just dropped it today and I had to keep redoing my cart before I got did not get a 'out of stock' and cancelled order. Not only that, but every TV was delivery and setup date into Dec 12th but I got tommorrow. Now I need to decide if I need a soundbar before they come, my cuirrent one is old with the red/white connectors and maybe an optical but no wire for it. Vizio just came thru in time because I pulled the trigger numerous times on the 85" Sony 900h only to get an out of stock- unavailable in my area message. My main priority is bright highlights in HDR so I hope I made the best choice for the next 5 years. I feel safe having the 5 year coverage too. Anyways, a heads up to check the PQX at BB because it is not showing under their normal BB sale page.

·
UHD Addict
37,976 Posts
I saw the 75" on the normal sale pagethis morning. But are you saying you saw the 85" at best buy?

Sent from my Galaxy S10

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sam’s wouldn’t cancel my order 11 days ago when I tried, but the delivery day came and went without any delivery. Checked tracking and it says customer refused. I called Sam’s support and they say don’t worry it’s been rescheduled. Another no call no show, this time I call Pilot Freight who tells me to call another company. The last mile delivery company tells me I should have been contacted last week as they refused the delivery due to the TV having been badly damaged. Glad to hear someone else’s set arrived in good shape!

·
Registered
1 Posts
So they're 13-1/2" inches front to back. You might be OK.

The black screen came from casting directly to the TV, no HDMI involved 😔

I have quality 25' HDMI cabling running through the walls and also used shorter runs on different cables. Also used two different receivers and 3 different TVs...and had Vizio support on the line. It's something between that specific receiver, the latest firmware on it (can't roll it back) and this new TV...
the 4K cables are 18 GB certified.
HDMI 2.1 HDMI cables are 48GB certified.

With what i have been reading from you, and the fix to downgrade the hdmi port,
Are you sure that your HDMI cables are HDMI 2.1 complaint which is actually called 8K HDMI cables most places for the 48gb ones from what i have see.
Please take this for what it is , I am just trying to help.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I finally got my P85QX installed on the wall and it looks amazing!

The brightness is unreal as it looked amazing with direct sunlight on it and did not looked washed out This may be a problem as when the wife and I watched TV last night the screen was too bright when light colored content was on the screen.

The black level looks great, and my neighbor who helped me mount it has an LG OLED and he commented how good the black levels looked.

I am running Into issues with my Amazon fire stick. The HDMI port it’s in (#3) thinks everything is broadcast in Dolby Vision which prevents me from changing some picture settings. When I use the smart cast on the TV it doesn’t seem to have this problem.

As I watch more over the weekend I’ll update on other isues I run into. Here is what it looks like on the wall
View attachment 3060667 View attachment 3060668
The 4k firestick ships with settings that natively play or convert content to DV even if it is HDR 10 etc. Check the settings in the firestick. Goto 1) Display & Sounds 2) Display 3) Dynamic Range Settings.

The Dynamic Range setting is likely currently set at "Always HDR" and this causes DV only. Try the other setting "Adaptive" and this should make the firestick show whatever the HDR type is on each source.....HLG, HDR 10, or DV.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I have a question if you don't mind. What is the outer to outer dimension of the feet (left to right)?

I have 66 inches width for the feet to fit in. I have 14 inches depth. I'm not sure it's going to fit in my space.

Thank you.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I measured 65 inches which was done after mounting (measured the width of the leg x2 plus distance between holes) so I can’t say with certainty you’re in the clear. It’s certainly not something I would be comfortable with without a little more wiggle room.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a question if you don't mind. What is the outer to outer dimension of the feet (left to right)?

I have 66 inches width for the feet to fit in. I have 14 inches depth. I'm not sure it's going to fit in my space.

Thank you.

I don't have a vizio, but I was in the same boat. This will hold the TV no problem, and fit your dimensions. Bonus is that you can slam it low like I have mine, or raise it to clear a center channel.

I will never go back to using the feet.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Has anybody actually gotten the 85"? I would love the hear a general review. I couldn't wait and went with the 900H but will forever wonder about the Vizio!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Has anybody actually gotten the 85"? I would love the hear a general review. I couldn't wait and went with the 900H but will forever wonder about the Vizio!
Sorry but the 900h is really really a big step down from the pqx the 900h is actually a step down from the regular pq when compared side by side. The 900h is a good gaming TV but that's where it ends. The pqx is a better over all TV but the pqx is ironing out it's software issues but if you comparing those two it's not even close picture quality.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I’ve had mine for 3 weeks now. It’s great, it has some HDMI handshake issues. It gets very bright and very dark. Blooming isn’t a distraction with the correct settings. Upscaling is poor, but now I’m just using my FireTV so everything is externally upscaled. I’m disappointed that multichannel pcm audio via hdmi is not sent via eARC to my soundbar.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine is on the way, ETA Dec 16th!

From Sam's Club though I see above Costco Finally has stock or I likely would have purchased from there. My only worry is shipping damage. This will certainly hold me over till 2023-24 when hopefully QNED will emerge on the market which looks very promising from the info I have read. .. upgrading from a 2016 65" p65-C1 which will be sent into a guest room.

Im thinking about getting the nvidia shield pro as a supplement to the Vizio OS and to take advantage of the shields incredible AI scaling as well as much better features overall. Also I'm hoping to ( eventually ) get the new phiilips hue gradient strip if that company will ever get any products back in stock...

541 - 560 of 802 Posts