AVS Forum banner

741 - 760 of 802 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Digital Trends full review of the 85 is up
Since watching Oh Cook on Amazon a few days ago in HDR10+ I have started to notice the pulsing on bright objects during pans. There are frequently close ups on food turning on a lazy Susan with bright lighting on it. I attributed this to the content since it hadn’t been an issue before for me and this program is 25 FPS. Any suggestions to improve this?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Since watching Oh Cook on Amazon a few days ago in HDR10+ I have started to notice the pulsing on bright objects during pans. There are frequently close ups on food turning on a lazy Susan with bright lighting on it. I attributed this to the content since it hadn’t been an issue before for me and this program is 25 FPS. Any suggestions to improve this?
I’ve seen local contrast cause this on an episode of American horror story on Netflix. If you have that in maybe turn it off and see if that helps.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I’ve seen local contrast cause this on an episode of American horror story on Netflix. If you have that in maybe turn it off and see if that helps.
In the HDR10+ mode for calibrated dark local contrast is on! At first the option just was skipped over because I have to have game low latency on to fix some lip sync issues, and you can’t edit this option with game low latency on. Turning latency off let me turn local contrast off, and the pulsing is fixed!!!! Lastly my set has once again started to re enable enhanced viewing angle every time it turns on, ugh. Happy new year!

·
Registered
670 Posts
I’ve discovered that when VRR changes from on to off it causes the Enhanced Viewing Angle to turn on. That’s definite and reproducible.

I’m less sure, but it seems that the Enhanced Viewing Angle has been stable once I enabled VRR for every mode and didn’t touch it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I’ve discovered that when VRR changes from on to off it causes the Enhanced Viewing Angle to turn on. That’s definite and reproducible.

I’m less sure, but it seems that the Enhanced Viewing Angle has been stable once I enabled VRR for every mode and didn’t touch it.
I thought mine was stable with the current firmware but I went ahead and turned VRR off on all modes, hopefully it sticks. Surprisingly to me I actually have a noticeable red tint shift when I toggle enhanced viewing angle on, I wonder if this bug could have.caused the redness in so many reviews?

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
I thought mine was stable with the current firmware but I went ahead and turned VRR off on all modes, hopefully it sticks. Surprisingly to me I actually have a noticeable red tint shift when I toggle enhanced viewing angle on, I wonder if this bug could have.caused the redness in so many reviews?
Rtngs mentioned that enhanced viewing angle causes color shift

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
The Viewing angle is always coming on by itself and I continue to turn it off.

Im still less then thrilled about live football on this tv.
Unless it is 4K this tv cannot process grass.

It’s blotchy and blocky and blurry.

NfL network is the worst.
This is on Comcast.
It looks a little better on an app but right now the Rose Bowl isn’t much better on ESPN app then on X1 channel on tv.

I haven’t figured out what Super Resolution is or does.
It’s always grayed out anyway.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Still enjoying the TV, I have to say this is the first TV I've ever had where CEC works flawlessly. It literally never did what it was supposed to do before with any of my devices.

I have my DirecTV receiver plugged into my Denon AVR-3500h, which is plugged into HDMI 1/eARC on the TV. I have my Xbox Series X plugged into HDMI 2 on the TV.

If I turn on just the power on the DTV receiver, it turns on the Denon, and then turns on the TV and puts it on the right input. If I then later turn on the Xbox, it switches right away. If I turn either of them off, it turns everything off like it should as well, it feels like magic not having to configure a ton of things.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I should try CEC again. My Denon 3300 kept switching to the ARC input when I didn’t want it to. It would be nice to get rid of the Harmony IR complexity. Could you tell me which of the CEC settings you have enabled on your Denon?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Still enjoying the TV, I have to say this is the first TV I've ever had where CEC works flawlessly. It literally never did what it was supposed to do before with any of my devices.

I have my DirecTV receiver plugged into my Denon AVR-3500h, which is plugged into HDMI 1/eARC on the TV. I have my Xbox Series X plugged into HDMI 2 on the TV.

If I turn on just the power on the DTV receiver, it turns on the Denon, and then turns on the TV and puts it on the right input. If I then later turn on the Xbox, it switches right away. If I turn either of them off, it turns everything off like it should as well, it feels like magic not having to configure a ton of things.
Nice. Any issues with the red tint problem? Did you get your TV professionally calibrated or were you able to dial in the colors well enough on your own?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Back to the image quality of football it’s definitely a station to station case.
Watching the game on CBS it looks stellar.
watching on Fox it look good.
Nfl network and espn is a mess.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Back to the image quality of football it’s definitely a station to station case.
Watching the game on CBS it looks stellar.
watching on Fox it look good.
Nfl network and espn is a mess.
Would you still recommend this TV despite the subpar streaming quality of some channels?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Yes.
I was only mentioning a few select tv channels.
4K content is great.

Most tv channels looks very good on Comcast’s X1 box with this tv.

You will need to do research and perform many adjustments to get the picture right for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Digital Trends full review of the 85 is up
After watching the review from Digital Trends, I tried different content to specifically look for the flaws. Happy to report seen none on mine. One thing I did notice is I see brightness fluctuations on Netflix page moving from one title to another but not during video playback. I also have TV connected to my PC. When I open Netflix through PC via HDMI, I do not see these fluctuations on Netflix menu changing between titles. Not the expert but I haven't seen black crushing on mine either, on contrary to it I see more black details compared to my other TVs and Oled laptop. I still need to have the TV calibrated but for now I am using 'Normal' color temperature as the 'Warm' color temperature is little warm for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Viewing angle is always coming on by itself and I continue to turn it off.

Im still less then thrilled about live football on this tv.
Unless it is 4K this tv cannot process grass.

It’s blotchy and blocky and blurry.

NfL network is the worst.
This is on Comcast.
It looks a little better on an app but right now the Rose Bowl isn’t much better on ESPN app then on X1 channel on tv.

I haven’t figured out what Super Resolution is or does.
It’s always grayed out anyway.
Not sure if it is a similar situation but programs on App via Smartcast on TV look good but same apps, for example Netflex, through my PC looks little more blotchy and blocky unless I reduce backlight / local dimming.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Anyone using these new Vizio TV's able to confirm if the non 4K/120 inputs still support the full gamut of modern gaming features but at 4K/60? I hate that only LG offers more than two HDMI inputs. I can see upgrading my PC to the RTX 3080 Super this year while Series X maintains the lead on all console exclusives. The PS5 has its small handful of exclusives a year that I can easily settle on 4K/60.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I should try CEC again. My Denon 3300 kept switching to the ARC input when I didn’t want it to. It would be nice to get rid of the Harmony IR complexity. Could you tell me which of the CEC settings you have enabled on your Denon?
I took a lot, everything in the Denon menu is set to "On", except power saving, which is off. The 'respond to power commands' or whatever option is set to ALL.

In messing around with it extensively, I can still get it to mess up, and go back to the DirecTV input without showing anything, though I will say generally it works as advertised (and a lot better than any previous TVs). Switching back and forth quickly a couple times seem to mess it up.

Nice. Any issues with the red tint problem? Did you get your TV professionally calibrated or were you able to dial in the colors well enough on your own?
I haven't noticed any red tint issue, but I am not a great judge of color (Color blind). I haven't messed with the settings at all except to make sure things are set to calibrated mode instead of game mode when I'm watching and not playing (It wants to set everything to game mode when using the Xbox, even Netflix/etc).

Watching Cobra Kai last night on Netflix, I almost had to switch it to Calibrated (Dark) because it was so, so, so very bright in a dark room at night. Dolby Vision looks great. My wife commented that the picture on this TV is "way, way better" than our old Samsung.

The Vizio remote is nothing fancy but it's 100% perfectly usable.

Reflection handling does seem pretty good, in a happy accident, the additional size of this TV + the lower VESA mounts means its tilted down a bit more towards us, which causes it to miss the rear windows which were always a source of glare/ire.

Our seating arrangement doesn't generally result in too much 'off-angle' viewing, but I walked around and think the picture is very good at side angles, better than the old Samsung for sure.

I can agree that some TV channels look like ass, whereas others look fine/good. I have no clue what resolution DirecTV is outputting the different channels at, but the few we watch are mostly good. NFL network IS really bad looking. Hopefully the Superb Owl is on a good network and/or streamable somewhere in 4K.

Gaming has been great on the Xbox once set to 4K/60hz. No issues, and many.. many hours of Call of Duty under the belt.

So far, coming from a relatively budget-level TV, this TV has major "wow" factor that I've been missing for a couple of years.

Anyone using these new Vizio TV's able to confirm if the non 4K/120 inputs still support the full gamut of modern gaming features but at 4K/60? I hate that only LG offers more than two HDMI inputs. I can see upgrading my PC to the RTX 3080 Super this year while Series X maintains the lead on all console exclusives. The PS5 has its small handful of exclusives a year that I can easily settle on 4K/60.
As far as I can tell, the Non-120 ports seem to allow everything on the Series X except 120hz mode. So ALLM, VRR, etc is all still enabled on ports 1 & 2. I don't know if there is anything else thats HDMI 2.1 "exclusive" or not though.

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
After watching the review from Digital Trends, I tried different content to specifically look for the flaws. Happy to report seen none on mine. One thing I did notice is I see brightness fluctuations on Netflix page moving from one title to another but not during video playback. I also have TV connected to my PC. When I open Netflix through PC via HDMI, I do not see these fluctuations on Netflix menu changing between titles. Not the expert but I haven't seen black crushing on mine either, on contrary to it I see more black details compared to my other TVs and Oled laptop. I still need to have the TV calibrated but for now I am using 'Normal' color temperature as the 'Warm' color temperature is little warm for me.
Which picture mode are you using? Calibrated? Calibrated dark?

741 - 760 of 802 Posts