AVS Forum banner

161 - 180 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
While I think $2999.00 is a very good price for the 85” quantum x.

Question for the tv gurus Is there a better tv out there in that price range size and spec. I will be using it in my theater room mainly movies and gaming(ps5).. All my current TVs are vizio and have been very happy with them even though they are more than 5 years old.

Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It doubt consoles will even touch 4K/120. I believe 4K/30 is more likely. Honestly there’s probably a shortage of hardware. COVID is to blame and if it has two I’d say that’s incredible. I remember when HDMI 2.0 came out and you’d be lucky if you got one port with full bandwidth.

I guarantee series x will have a couple of games that are 4K/120. Most 1st party games will be 4K/60. Sony not so much, but I bet they will have a few eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I guess nowhere has actually put up the QX sets just yet. I wonder if they are just receiving stock and haven't updated inventory yet, or if the sets are still on the road en-route to big box stores. I'm not in a huge hurry to get my hands on one, but I worry they'll end up sold out once they hit shelves given likely production constraints and the high anticipation for these sets.

With that said, the responsible thing I should do is wait for in-depth reviews to make sure the FALD and motion performance are up to par before grabbing one..but with Sony and Samsung's lackluster feature lineup the QX almost feels like the only viable option regardless of those factors.

What a tough year to buy a TV.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts

Question for the tv gurus Is there a better tv out there in that price range size and spec. I will be using it in my theater room mainly movies and gaming(ps5).. All my current TVs are vizio and have been very happy with them even though they are more than 5 years old.

Thanks.
Beware Vizio motion processing. I promptly returned my PQX last year to Costco because the motion artifacts were just terrible. I'm hoping "ProGaming Engine" is code for "we improved our motion processing".

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I guarantee series x will have a couple of games that are 4K/120. Most 1st party games will be 4K/60. Sony not so much, but I bet they will have a few eventually.

That is a very bold claim hopefully I’m wrong. Currently it takes at least 2 2080ti to run games at those frame rates. That’s roughly 3k with of gpu. I don’t see an amd besting that for 600 bucks or less.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
I guess nowhere has actually put up the QX sets just yet. I wonder if they are just receiving stock and haven't updated inventory yet, or if the sets are still on the road en-route to big box stores. I'm not in a huge hurry to get my hands on one, but I worry they'll end up sold out once they hit shelves given likely production constraints and the high anticipation for these sets.

With that said, the responsible thing I should do is wait for in-depth reviews to make sure the FALD and motion performance are up to par before grabbing one..but with Sony and Samsung's lackluster feature lineup the QX almost feels like the only viable option regardless of those factors.

What a tough year to buy a TV.
BB shows PQX as 08/02 release date: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-75-class-led-p-series-quantum-x-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr/6416452.p?skuId=6416452

·
Registered
79 Posts
Bummer “available now” for the 75 inch translates to August for BB? Hopefully that’s just a placeholder date from when they built the product page.

Does anyone know if eARC could be possible on one of the non 2.1 ports? I would love to spend one of those connecting an audio system and save the 2.1 for a game system and computer.

·
Registered
104 Posts
When I went to Sams Club a few days back they had a pallet on a shelf about 30 feet up marked with a sign “tv’s hold until July 1st”. Just a heads up it might be the new Vizio’s

·
Registered
176 Posts
Bummer “available now” for the 75 inch translates to August for BB? Hopefully that’s just a placeholder date from when they built the product page.

Does anyone know if eARC could be possible on one of the non 2.1 ports? I would love to spend one of those connecting an audio system and save the 2.1 for a game system and computer.
eARC is HDMI 1 and HDMI 3 & 4 are the 2.1 ports.

·
Registered
73 Posts

On Both the OLED and PQX lines the HDMI 2.1 ports are separate from the eARC HDMI port so you could connect both the XBOX and PS5 on the HDMI 2.1 ports directly to the TV and run an HDMI cable from the TV to the AVR using eARC for audio yes.

·
Registered
79 Posts
On Both the OLED and PQX lines the HDMI 2.1 ports are separate from the eARC HDMI port so you could connect both the XBOX and PS5 on the HDMI 2.1 ports directly to the TV and run an HDMI cable from the TV to the AVR using eARC for audio yes.
Thank you! I’ll buy this set the moment it crosses $2500.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was waiting on this Vizio but when I was at my local Best Buy they had an Open Box OLED 77 C9 for 2,454 with 200 free gift card that I was able to use that day. It was 2,254 before tax and I also added the 5yr warranty for 500 because it covers burn-in and to be safe with an open box. I did not know until after I bought it that all 4 HDMI ports are full 2.1 ports up to 48Gbps. Which apparently that is unheard of with any tv on the market so I was pleasantly surprised. It also has G-sync, eARC, VRR on all 4 hdmi ports.

·
ISF III Calibrator
487 Posts

Thanks.
probably the best bang for buck size/picture quality in the field.

·
Registered
145 Posts

That is a very bold claim hopefully I’️m wrong. Currently it takes at least 2 2080ti to run games at those frame rates. That’️s roughly 3k with of gpu. I don’️t see an amd besting that for 600 bucks or less.
I have been trying to tell people in my group of friends/gamers the exact same thing. I too run 2x2080Ti’s and 4K/120 will be left for the less graphically intense indie games, if at all. They all try to tell me I don’t understand how much power the new consoles will have...I laugh because my power supply cost almost as much as the consoles will be at launch. Also, XBSX GPU is rated at roughly 12 Tflops and PS5 is at 10.5 Tflops not exactly mind blowing in terms of what many will they are capable of.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Is there a detailed spec sheet for this set yet? Exact dimensions, VESA layout, etc.?
I haven't seen one.
Nothing for the 85 posted yet. Theirs info for the 75 list on bestbuy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have been trying to tell people in my group of friends/gamers the exact same thing. I too run 2x2080Ti’s and 4K/120 will be left for the less graphically intense indie games, if at all. They all try to tell me I don’t understand how much power the new consoles will have...I laugh because my power supply cost almost as much as the consoles will be at launch. Also, XBSX GPU is rated at roughly 12 Tflops and PS5 is at 10.5 Tflops not exactly mind blowing in terms of what many will they are capable of.

Remember when they said the one x wasn’t going to be able to do 4K/60 and it did with a severely underpowered cpu? Dirt 5 already confirmed 120 FPS not in 4K but still that’s a 3rd party developer.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Remember when they said the one x wasn’t going to be able to do 4K/60 and it did with a severely underpowered cpu? Dirt 5 already confirmed 120 FPS not in 4K but still that’s a 3rd party developer.

I also own an XBOX One X and a PS4 Pro, most titles that did true 4K/60 were first party titles and most of those had checkerboarding enabled. Still looked great but not true 4K. Also, this comment from Ubisoft in regards to Assassins Creed Valhalla......
“Confusion set in when Ubisoft confirmed Assassin's Creed Valhalla would run at a minimum 4K 30FPS on the Xbox Series X. Apparently everyone expected 4K 60FPS performance, which is an extremely tall order. But then again, Microsoft has hyped up 4K 120FPS gaming on the next-gen Xbox.”

True 4K/60 will be more prevalent this coming console generation but 4K/120 is not something you will see in any AAA title released, first or third party. Indie dev games that are normally released through the consoles respective game store and are not at the same graphical level as major AAA titles will be where you see games that are released at true 4K/120. I could be wrong but you can’t expect games that potentially utilize the ray tracing hardware in the consoles while also pushing 120fps @4K. At least not from what I have experienced in my 12-13 months of owning two RTX 20180 Ti’s in SLI/NVLINK.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
The secret is 4K upscaling (software based dynamic resolution scaling aka sub-native rendering) so visually it appears as 4K textures indistinguishable from native 4K (via hardware brute-force), but requires lower data bandwidth and CPU processing to hit 120FPS. This will allow console processors to do 4K120 in the near future, per Digital Foundry video below https://youtu.be/zCllBRdyEXA?t=788

I believe this is why we're not seeing 4K120 in the first year - game developers are still working on the scaling algorithm, which may take another 12 months or more.

161 - 180 of 291 Posts