AVS Forum banner

541 - 560 of 677 Posts

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Anybody got a current up to date tv schedule for ESPN channels on the upcoming race? I can't find a current one anywhere. Here in my area i usually get all practices, quali, and the race on one of the four ESPN channels of which i have all of them on my cable.

So far, all I can get is on my guide on the tv that says Sat the 4th at 8:55am EST is qualifying on ESPN, but i cant find any practices and my guide stops a day short of race day.

All info i find on the net is obsolete or incomplete.
Saw reference to this on another site.

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/26082657/espn-tv-schedule-2020-f1-season

·
Registered
452 Posts

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
Even though I am losing interest in racing, I will probably watch the F1 races. I have a decision to make on getting F1 TV Pro again or going with ESPN. Since I only watch Qualifying and the Race, is there any advantage/disadvantage of either?

·
Registered
11,749 Posts
Even though I am losing interest in racing, I will probably watch the F1 races. I have a decision to make on getting F1 TV Pro again or going with ESPN. Since I only watch Qualifying and the Race, is there any advantage/disadvantage of either?
I would say ESPN has the advantage simply because you can record it. I still have F1 Pro. I like to be able to see the practices at work or wherever I'm at. If I could only have one, it would be ESPN.

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
I would say ESPN has the advantage simply because you can record it. I still have F1 Pro. I like to be able to see the practices at work or wherever I'm at. If I could only have one, it would be ESPN.
Thanks Tack. I thought you had both.

It is annoying to have to wait till the race is over to watch it unless you catch it live. That is a big knock against F1 TV.

I will say it is nice to put the graphics up on a separate screen, while I watch the race.

ESPN does give me the ability to record and jump in during the race. Sling unfortunately only allows jump forward or back and you can't set the time on the recording. Frustrating with rain delays like yesterdays Pocono race

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I watch on ESPN channels, they are all on my cable, and I am perfectly happy. I watch it all, the 3 practices, quali, and the race. I DVR a lot of the stuff, but always watch the race live.

Reactions: gprace

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
A lot of rain is being predicted, man, i would be SO upset if this gets rained out, even a practice. I can handle a wet race, but not a rainout!!

·
Registered
994 Posts
I am sure there is nothing to worry about. They are probably just trying to lull the other teams into complacency....a tried and true method to keep one’s rivals guessing.

Correct BG, I know from a number of exceedingly reliable sources that the top management of Mercedes have had many sleepless nights recently trying to work out / guess if Red Bull OR Ferrari are going to finish second to them this year.
Apparently the suspense is really killing them! :)

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I'm watching the Formula E movie "And We Go Green", which is very good. Is there any news on how Bob Varsha is doing, does anyone know? He seems to be reasonably active on twitter.

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
I watch on ESPN channels, they are all on my cable, and I am perfectly happy. I watch it all, the 3 practices, quali, and the race. I DVR a lot of the stuff, but always watch the race live.
I have Sling. I don't have the ESPN option, so it would be an extra IIRC $15 a month. I don't watch anything else on ESPN, so F1 would be the only reason to have it.

The full year of F1 TV is $80, but the monthly price is $10. I think I will go with the monthly price. I realize it is only a couple of dollars compared to ESPN, but I love having the graphics on a separate screen. For those that haven't seen or done it, it is a big compliment to watching the race. I can see each drivers lap times broken down by sector along with which tires each driver is using and when he pitted.

I should add that going monthly with F1 TV allows me to cancel if the season goes away at any point.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I have Sling. I don't have the ESPN option, so it would be an extra IIRC $15 a month. I don't watch anything else on ESPN, so F1 would be the only reason to have it..............................................................................
Remember when ESPN was the king of live sports shows? Now they let NBC and Fox do most of the heavy lifting.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Remember when ESPN was the king of live sports shows? Now they let NBC and Fox do most of the heavy lifting.
Well, I'm happy ESPN got F1 back. Their coverage is about 100 times better than NBC's... we'll be back right after 3 minutes of commercials, now we're going to play a pre-recorded driver interview, now we're gonna show you what you missed, now we'll show you about 4 laps of the race live before more commercials.

Sports are split too many ways and theres way to many talking head shows IMO. I mean last years Le Mans was on some weird channel I never heard of. MotoGP is on some channel that has nothing else of any interest for example.

·
Registered
495 Posts
MotoGP is on some channel that has nothing else of any interest for example.
MotoGP is on BeIN Sports, which is primarily a soccer channel. Comcast won't carry them, so a lot of people don't have access to it. I don't know if the problem is money or NBCU owning a competing channel.

541 - 560 of 677 Posts