AVS Forum banner

601 - 620 of 693 Posts

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
Welp, so much for Fred rubbishing the recent reports of his return. But really.....Renault?

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/12023184/fernando-alonso-to-return-to-f1-with-renault-for-2021-season
I really enjoy watching Fernando, i am so glad he will be coming back, i just hope Renault can give him at least a decent car.

Even though the major new regulation changes have been delayed until 2022, the budget cap comes into effect next year. Renault must think that gives them a good chance to close the gap on the top teams, or at least they convinced Fernando that's the case. I don't really see it happening for 2021, but there could be some surprises with the 2022 rules.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Since no matter what they do Renault doesn't seem to be able to beat the Huns, I thought they would surrender and drop out of F1. But the hiring of Alonzo proves me wrong – apparently they intend to keep on fighting.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Alleged preponderance. Statistics don't back it up. It's all a fashion statement and virtue signaling.
I'm tempted to ask what statistics are those?, but have no real interest in going down that asinine rabbit-hole. The evidence of discrimination against minorities is overwhelming and has been a plainly evident reality throughout human history.

To bring it back to F1, it's clear that 30 years after Willy T. Ribbs a disturbingly large number of people on this thread think that the title of the Lewis Hamilton story should also be "Uppity" merely for him being exactly the same kind of person that every other Driver's Champion was. And, that is flat-out pathetic.
Morgan

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Back on topic, Red Bull has to be disappointed to be tied with Williams and Haas after the first race. Given the unknown, but likely reduced number of races, no team can afford a double DNF, particularly the presumptive #2 team. I can't imagine how frustrated Albon must be, after just missing out on his first podium finish two out of the last three races.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I wish they would race the 2nd Race the other direction. That would change things up. Hopefully Red Bull can finish the race this week end.

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
Lord post a few pic and not one comment since, Really good forum.
That is what happens when things get heated and people start reporting posts. Ironically most of the time the people doing the reporting don't even post.:rolleyes:

Ham completely abused the field today. I think it is supposed to be cooler than last week. Not sure if reliability will be better or not. If Max can't fight then it will probably be a Ham Bottas one two.

·
Registered
9,217 Posts

·
Registered
9,217 Posts
No, it's achingly stupid
Well, clearly I don't agree :rolleyes:. These are very difficult times for the whole world, it's weird having races with no crowds, so anything that can be done to lighten the mood and make a podium fun for the drivers gets my full support.

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
This is funny, charming and fully socially distant! They used remote control moving pedastals to hand out the trophies in the F2 race yesterday!

https://twitter.com/FIA_F2/status/1282025866973904896?s=20

I really hope they do this for the F1 race :D

I thought that was hilarious — well done even if not entirely necessary. But I do think the presenters should be unmasked given that they're outdoors and keeping their distance from each other.

As for the race, who can possibly argue it's the car that wins and not the driver? Lewis and Max were both miles ahead of their team mates. Red Bull might be reconsidering Albon after his poor showing.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Utter and Complete Nonsense.

Why not replace with drivers with computers!!!:eek:

Here we have an engineer giving a driver (in this case Lando Norris) detailed and often corner by corner instructions on what to do and how to drive the car. :eek::eek:
Completely farcical, in my opinion.
Lando is not driving the car, he is doing what his engineer is telling him to do. He and the engineer are driving the car.
Instead of finding out if someone can drive an F1 car or not we are finding out how an engineer and a driver can drive the car. :eek::eek::eek:
Pathetic and fake.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np8TpBjKziQ

Why not replace with drivers with computers!!!:eek:

Here we have an engineer giving a driver (in this case Lando Norris) detailed and often corner by corner instructions on what to do and how to drive the car. :eek::eek:
Completely farcical, in my opinion.
Lando is not driving the car, he is doing what his engineer is telling him to do. He and the engineer are driving the car.
Instead of finding out if someone can drive an F1 car or not we are finding out how an engineer and a driver can drive the car. :eek::eek::eek:
Pathetic and fake.

There is NASCAR truck series driver who has very similar circumstances each and every race. The spotter walks them through each and every second of every single race. It’s become a favorite NASCAR subreddit activity to listen to their scanner each race. By far the most inept driver on the track.

601 - 620 of 693 Posts