AVS Forum banner

781 - 800 of 819 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
So..... anyone still actually following F1. Apparently Honda has decided to quit F1 after 2021 to "concentrate on electric and carbon neutral tech". Yet, they are staying in IndyCar. My BS meter is practically off the scales.

Good article that sums my feelings: Inside Line: [email protected] off Honda and good riddance | GRAND PRIX 247

So this leaves Red Bull and their Junior team where? Going back hat in hand to Renault. Probably a loss of half a second compared to now with those engines. So, Sunday's will just be the Merc's lapping the field from now on?
A good and fair and practical solution, imo anyway, is for Renault to supply Alfa Tauri and Go Slow in RED (aka Ferrari) supply Red Bull.
In this way Renault do not have to put up with Red Bull's nonsense, Renault will beat Red Bull due to the rubbish Ferrari engine, Alfa Tauri will beat Red Bull and the Horner / Marko duo can b**** and moan about Ferrari all they like which will drive the Tifosi and Ferrari and the Italian media nuts. :LOL:
Mad Max will go ballistic on a regular basis and probably start spitting the dummy at everyone in sight and he will get thrown out of motorsport just like that idiot who threw his bumper at that guy in the karting race. :eek:
And we shall be somewhat entertained in the most boring period of F1 history.
Not only do we have to put up with meaningless races but we get to be lectured by ignorant children who know nothing about the rubbish they are sprouting!
Sarcasm is our only hope and refugee in these sad times. ;)

·
Registered
485 Posts
So..... anyone still actually following F1. Apparently Honda has decided to quit F1 after 2021 to "concentrate on electric and carbon neutral tech". Yet, they are staying in IndyCar. My BS meter is practically off the scales.
To be fair, they did the same thing back in 1992 - including planning to go to IndyCar (CART) before their intent to only provide power to the Newman-Haas team was scuttled by CART so they waited until 1994 to enter the series.

·
Registered
9,593 Posts
From what I've been hearing over the last few days the American branch of Honda is completely and totally separate, so the "they" is not the same Honda that's staying in Indycar as the Honda that's leaving F1.

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Agreed but they're still Honda because they have the name. Most folks (even racing fans) won't get why they are leaving F1 and not Indy. But then again those same folks probably don't care.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Well ESPN changed the channel for the recording to one i dont have. No race for me this morning, but truthfully I watch the them in about 15 minutes lately

·
Registered
267 Posts
Well ESPN changed the channel for the recording to one i dont have. No race for me this morning, but truthfully I watch the them in about 15 minutes lately
Do you have a streaming device to watch it with the ESPN app On Demand?

Reactions: HairyBee

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Same thing happened to us in Seattle on Xfinity - saw it was not being recorded, went to ESPN2 and saw SportsCenter. Checked the ESPN App and selected the F1 broadcast, but it was also SportsCenter (I think it was showing ESPN2).

Caught the re-broadcast on ESPN News at 1:00PM with the commercials and the 10 minute switch to Woman's Tennis at half-point. Though the Xfinity screensaver told me Lewis won with 12 laps still left to watch...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Same thing happened to us in Seattle on Xfinity - saw it was not being recorded, went to ESPN2 and saw SportsCenter. Checked the ESPN App and selected the F1 broadcast, but it was also SportsCenter (I think it was showing ESPN2).

Caught the re-broadcast on ESPN News at 1:00PM with the commercials and the 10 minute switch to Woman's Tennis at half-point. Though the Xfinity screensaver told me Lewis won with 12 laps still left to watch...
I think they put it on ESPNW(!)(?) which I don't pay extra for. I am using Cox in Phoenix. Not sure why the channel change

·
Registered
463 Posts
You didn't miss anything. SSDD.

Reactions: karlsch

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
What are the chances of Perez or Hulkenberg replacing Albon next season? Albon looked terrible yesterday, and outside of his one podium finish, he really hasn't been any better than Gasly was for Red Bull last season.

·
Registered
724 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
What do you expect when the same person wins all the time spouting his BLM crap. Look what happen to the BLM NBA. Ratings cratered to historic lows. :LOL:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
What do you expect when the same person wins all the time spouting his BLM crap. Look what happen to the BLM NBA. Ratings cratered to historic lows. :LOL:
...what is this nonsense?

1.) Ratings for all traditional TV viewing are down and there is absolutely no evidence of a link between that and BLM. The disruptions caused by a global pandemic have served to accelerate the surge in streaming in an on-demand environment, rather than live TV broadcasts. All live sports have been impacted.
2.) Only 45% of the NBA viewership is white and that has not changed at all from season to season while players have become more active and vocal in their support of causes like BLM. If your ridiculous claim held any water, we would see a shift in demographics with viewers.
3.) If you are opposed to adult black men and women speaking out about the systemic racism they experience in their daily lives which you have never experienced and have no context for...that says more about you than anything else.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
2.) Only 45% of the NBA viewership is white and that has not changed at all from season to season while players have become more active and vocal in their support of causes like BLM. If your ridiculous claim held any water, we would see a shift in demographics with viewers.
Can you post the link you cited showing viewership demographics following the NBA restart in July?

·
Registered
378 Posts
I know of no one who watches the NBA. Yes those in those markets might. But most people I know in most states with out a NBA team could care less. I am the only person I know that watches F1' No one I know even knows who Lewis Hamilton is or any other F1 driver. Here in good old IN. area collage Football and Basket Ball rule. And even that is slipping. People are sick of all the money these jerks make and spouting off their political views. Just shut up and play or drive.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I would think IN has more F1 fans than other states. Hoosiers tend to know racing.

781 - 800 of 819 Posts