AVS Forum banner

801 - 819 of 819 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I would think IN has more F1 fans than other states. Hoosiers tend to know racing.
I am a lifelong Hoosier and this idea that Indiana residents are not fans of the NBA or racing is pretty ridiculous. I think anyone associated with the Indiana Pacers, Indianapolis Motor Speedway or the other 55-60 tracks around the state of Indiana also might disagree with that.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
378 Posts
I never said that IN. residents did not like racing. I said most could care a less about F1. Most around southern IN. like Indycar' Nascar' dirt track ' small tracks. As far as the Pacers no one down here even know who the players are. Maybe if you live in INDY then you mighy care. My self I like F1 and racing on circuits all around the world. I like Indy car better' more exciting for me.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
and spouting off their political views. Just shut up and play or drive.
Is it not their right to be able to spout off, same as you?

·
Registered
9,593 Posts
I hope K-Mag gets a drive for next year. The Formula World YT channel yesterday repeated some speculation that K-Mag would drive alongside Max. That would be fantastic, can you imagine the fireworks when K-Mag wouldn't let Max past, and fought him hard? Lol!

·
Registered
9,593 Posts
Some positive news about Bob Varsha:

"Formula 1, IndyCar, and sports car broadcaster Bob Varsha says he’s ready for a full-time return to the commentary booth. Locked in a battle against prostate cancer since the start of the year, the veteran of NBC, ESPN, and Fox Sports has cleared a number of important recovery hurdles, which led to the New Yorker’s recent adventure in calling more than a dozen races at the SCCA National Runoffs. "

·
Registered
9,593 Posts
I assume you mean while Max is lapping K-Mag, right? :)
Hehe. Could be, or could be pit-stop strategies are different, Kmag hasn't pitted yet. There are a new niche reasons why one could be ahead :)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Another boring one car race. I have to say Lewis is only driver that is worth a crap. All the other drivers are whining about their tires at 15 laps and their is Lewis just smoking them on 40 lap old tires. Its not even close. Bottas is so bad he cant even stay close in the same car. They really need to get rid of every driver and try some new guys. Maybe one could stay with lewis.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
gibson61
Registered

Joined Oct 4, 2018
376 Posts

#809 23 h ago
Another boring one car race. I have to say Lewis is only driver that is worth a crap. All the other drivers are whining about their tires at 15 laps and their is Lewis just smoking them on 40 lap old tires. Its not even close. Bottas is so bad he cant even stay close in the same car. They really need to get rid of every driver and try some new guys. Maybe one could stay with lewis.

I think this is an exaggeration. Lewis is an excellent driver (although I am not a fan), but I believe that his greatest advantage is the superior Mercedes technology and that I would bet that the car's setup is geared towards his driving style. Max and Charles are probably of equal talent and doing the best with the machinery they have available.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Spoken like a Lewis fanboi. Put Max, Charles or Riccardo in the other Merc and see what happens. Hamilton is a great driver in a car that is far superior to the competition. How many championships did Lewis have prior to signing with Mercedes? Exactly.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Spoken like a Lewis fanboi. Put Max, Charles or Riccardo in the other Merc and see what happens. Hamilton is a great driver in a car that is far superior to the competition. How many championships did Lewis have prior to signing with Mercedes? Exactly.
He had one. More than the vast majority of F1 drivers will ever accomplish, whatever they're driving.
Morgan.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Yes, he had one.

Hamilton was a great driver before 2015 but it's the Mercedes that has made him "soon-to-be 7 time World Champion Lewis Hamilton". While Vettel was winning his 4 titles in the Red Bull were all the other drivers not "worth a crap", including Lewis?

It's clear that Hamilton is a great driver and that you can't just put anyone in the car and expect them to win (hello Bottas!) but to say that Lewis is the only driver worth a crap is absurd. Leclerc driving that P.O.S. Ferrari to top 5 finishes should be proof enough of how good he is.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Yes, he had one.

Hamilton was a great driver before 2015 but it's the Mercedes that has made him "soon-to-be 7 time World Champion Lewis Hamilton". While Vettel was winning his 4 titles in the Red Bull were all the other drivers not "worth a crap", including Lewis?

It's clear that Hamilton is a great driver and that you can't just put anyone in the car and expect them to win (hello Bottas!) but to say that Lewis is the only driver worth a crap is absurd. Leclerc driving that P.O.S. Ferrari to top 5 finishes should be proof enough of how good he is.
I don't disagree with any of that. I typically don't root for Hamilton these days, although I'm happy enough to see him get his records, he certainly deserves them.
To ask a similar questions to yours, how many Constructor Championships were won by Mercedes before Hamilton was there? (Two if you count McLaren-Mercedes and Brawn-Mercedes or none if you don't) Or, how many Driver's F1 Driver's Championships were won by Mercedes before Hamilton? (Four if you include the above and two, with Fangio, no slouch in the race car driving department, if you don't. And, zero since Mercedes 2010 return.)
Hamilton is only one part of the Mercedes team but he isn't just any other cog.
Certainly, saying all other F1 drivers aren't "worth a crap" is silly. Would love to see Leclerc, especially, in a more competitive machine.
Morgan

·
Registered
5,151 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Is HRT making a comeback next year?

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Nothing on tv Friday for this race weekend?

·
Registered
9,593 Posts
Nothing on tv Friday for this race weekend?
Guess you didn't know - don't worry, your broadcaster isn't pulling a fast one :)

This weekend F1 are trying a planned 2-day weekend. We've had 2-day weekends before, like the one at the Nurburgring 3 weeks ago due to rain :ROFLMAO: but this is deliberate. The idea is that if they increase the number of races to 22,23,24,25 it'll be logistically too difficult for the teams: something has to give. So it's an experiment. It was announced at the same time the race was announced earlier in the year.

It's odd that they are doing it on a track where they would really benefit from the Friday practices, and not at a track they already know well like Spain, but that decision has already been made. It'll mean a bit more randomness than if everyone knew the track well, and the top teams had spent 3hrs on the Friday polishing a perfect setup leaving the midfield in the dust. So I think, cautiously, it should be overall positive.

Tomorrow's practice (which would have been "P3") will be 90 minutes instead of 60 minutes. So watch out for that in your TV schedule.

There actually is something on TV today (I'm sure it's not what you meant though!) - the Drivers' Press Conference is this afternoon, moved from the normal Thursday slot. ;)

HTH

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Thanks for the info, i hate this, i really enjoy having 3 days of stuff to watch.

Reactions: mrtickleuk
801 - 819 of 819 Posts