AVS Forum banner

3161 - 3180 of 4964 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Well, on the one hand it's good that a reviewer like Fomo is bringing attention to red blur, but on the other hand the fact that he is still so uninformed about it is frustrating.

He doesn't seem to realize that his TV doesn't have it that bad, but a lot of other H9Gs have it far worse.

People have had it show up constantly from 4k Blu-ray movies, not just from streaming, and some people have even had it start to get bad with regular sdr content. I never kept any of my 3 H9G TVs long enough for that to happen.

Finally, Fomo doesn't seem to know that the red blur problem actually gets worse, (degrades) over time. 2 of my 3 H9G s started out with very minimal red blur and over the course of about 8 days became horrible with red blur constantly showing up as a double image with almost all the HDR content I watched.
He seems to think his TV'S minor occurence is as bad as it gets.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I also never watch the Crown and it's HUGE issue in many shows, games, and movies. I don't know why people are still trying so hard to downplay this issue.
I have no reason not to believe you, but I am tired of people telling me I have to prove I don't have the issue. I do have some empathy for those that have the blur issue, it's just not a problem on my TV at least one that I have yet to see. It's like everyone that has the problem is pissed because I don't have it, guess what they have sold thousands of these sets and I think its fair to say that all the sets don't have it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Well, there ya go I have never watched and have no desire to watch the crown maybe that's why I haven't seen the red blur. But like FOMO said on most content you'll never see it and won't notice it unless your really looking for it. So I guess the moral of the story is unless the crown is the ONLY show you watch the H9G is the best for the buck and much better than that S brand.😄
It's when you make comments like this, despite knowing that for a lot of people the red blur shows up EASILY, on MOST HDR content, not just the Crown, and is far, far more prominent to the point it makes the content unwatchable, yet parrot the idea that is minor and only on the Crown, that people take issue.
Fomo is wrong, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he just doesn't know how bad the red blur usually gets on the affected TVs, but you do.

For that matter Fomo is wrong about the Sony X950H having lifted blacks or any blooming issues too.

·
Registered
494 Posts
It's when you make comments like this, despite knowing that for a lot of people the red blur shows up EASILY, on MOST HDR content, not just the Crown, and is far, far more prominent to the point it makes the content unwatchable, yet parrot the idea that is minor and only on the Crown, that people take issue.
Fomo is wrong, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he just doesn't know how bad the red blur usually gets on the affected TVs, but you do.

For that matter Fomo is wring about the Sony X950H having lifted blacks or any blooming issues too.
Actually, I have stopped in the Sony forums and seen the complaints so I have to agree with FOMO. And how would I know better when like I said I haven't seen the problem myself.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well, there ya go I have never watched and have no desire to watch the crown maybe that's why I haven't seen the red blur. But like FOMO said on most content you'll never see it and won't notice it unless your really looking for it. So I guess the moral of the story is unless the crown is the ONLY show you watch the H9G is the best for the buck and much better than that S brand.😄
I find it's definitely a problem more so for gamers as with literally any dark edge there is some level of the highlighting going on. I noticed it wasn't nearly as bad on the new set with firmware k304 but became more apparent after updating to k725. My 5th (and maybe final) set should arrive sometime next week. I'll re do the side by side tests with my old set again.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Well, on the one hand it's good that a reviewer like Fomo is bringing attention to red blur, but on the other hand the fact that he is still so uninformed about it is frustrating.

He doesn't seem to realize that his TV doesn't have it that bad, but a lot of other H9Gs have it far worse.

People have had it show up constantly from 4k Blu-ray movies, not just from streaming, and some people have even had it start to get bad with regular sdr content. I never kept any of my 3 H9G TVs long enough for that to happen.

Finally, Fomo doesn't seem to know that the red blur problem actually gets worse, (degrades) over time. 2 of my 3 H9G s started out with very minimal red blur and over the course of about 8 days became horrible with red blur constantly showing up as a double image with almost all the HDR content I watched.
He seems to think his TV'S minor occurence is as bad as it gets.
FOMO said he tried the Alita scene also...with no issue. Like me, he is not trusting a low bitrate Netflix show to be a defining test for a screen issue. Like none of us, he has dozens of tv's lying around and doesn't watch primarily an H9G.
The Crown is invalid....told ya all so. When he gets the bluray and its still there, then we can talk.
All the affected here need to direct their frustration towards Hisense, who pretty much dumped you today.

·
Registered
198 Posts

For that matter Fomo is wring about the Sony X950H having lifted blacks or any blooming issues too.
I think fomo has had the tv for quite awhile and would know if the blooming was getting worse. And everything he said about the other tvs including the 950 was correct, and have been mentioned by other reviewers. Looking more and more like the H9G is going to be my choice

·
Registered
184 Posts
Actually, I have stopped in the Sony forums and seen the complaints so I have to agree with FOMO. And how would I know better when like I said I haven't seen the problem myself.
You would know the red blur problem is worse (much more prominent) and on lots more content then just The Crown, because most of the posters in this thread have mentioned it AND posted videos showing it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Here is my set on that particular scene. Now, prior to this, I thought my set was nearly perfect, and after watching this, I realized I don't care. Sure it's there, if I really look for it. But like FOMO said, it's one lousy show, so who cares.

·
Registered
198 Posts
You would know the red blur problem is worse (much more prominent) and on lots more content then just The Crown, because most of the posters in this thread have mentioned it AND posted videos showing it.
I haven't seen anywhere where ohwell said this wasn't a problem, and if people didn't like it, they should return the TV,. Also, I have serious doubts hisense is going to do anything about it. No its just a matter if people can put up with it

·
Registered
184 Posts
Here is my set on that particular scene. Now, prior to this, I thought my set was nearly perfect, and after watching this, I realized I don't care. Sure it's there, if I really look for it. But like FOMO said, it's one lousy show, so who cares.
If it stays minor only on one show, exactly right, who would care? But for people with affected TVs the problem got worse over time.
It started showing up on lots more content, on my 3 TVs it got to the point that I couldn't watch a single 4k Blu-ray movie without it happening constantly, throughout the entire run-time of the movie.
And 2 of those three TV'S started out with it only showing up once in such a Minor, hardly noticeable instance, that I thought I finally had a good H9G(Q9g).

·
Registered
184 Posts
I must have missed her comments, what did @HisenseCA say that people are now basically concluding Hisense isn't going to fix this problem or take it seriously?
If someone can give me the just gist of her comment, or tell me whereabouts it is, that would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I haven't seen anywhere where ohwell said this wasn't a problem, and if people didn't like it, they should return the TV,. Also, I have serious doubts hisense is going to do anything about it. No its just a matter if people can put up with it
Yes....it's like a crowd fever of the affected attacking the unaffected..and the the conspiracy theories that all the sets have it. This thread has lost its freakin' mind.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I must have missed her comments, what did @HisenseCA say that people are now basically concluding Hisense isn't going to fix this problem or take it seriously?
If someone can give me the just gist of her comment, or tell me whereabouts it is, that would be great. Thanks.
Just go back a page or two....you will see it. She is asking for all examples of the blur like they never heard of it before and she claims she can't see it on the Alita video sfsilicon posted....hell, I can see it from across the room.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just to add from post yesterday, I see the red ghosting in all dolby vision content that I've watched so far, not just that one scene from The Crown. I've noticed it the Haunting of Bly Manor and Hubie Halloween.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Just to add from post yesterday, I see the red ghosting in all dolby vision content that I've watched so far, not just that one scene from The Crown. I've noticed it the Haunting of Bly Manor and Hubie Halloween.
Isn't there supposed to be ghosting ghosting in those two programs?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yes....it's like a crowd fever of the affected attacking the unaffected..and the the conspiracy theories that all the sets have it. This thread has lost its freakin' mind.
No it's more like people with TVs that suffered horribly bad RED-BLUR/Ghosting objecting to comments stating it's not bad, or "only happens with The Crown/one particular show,"
"Doesn't occur with most HDR content", or "is hard to see if you aren't trying to look for it."

I have no problem with the idea that on some TVs it's either barely a problem or not at all one, it's just the comments that don't seem to realize some TVs have the issue far worse and more prominent than others.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I think the situation here is, the Crown exposes a flaw in the way the set processes certain scenes.
People are fooling themselves to thinking it is only one scene. It's on a bunch of scenes, to varying degrees and it isnt just Netflix either (go back and read the thread).
Until there is a video showing otherwise, I believe every set has the same issue.
Now the question is do you care and does it ruin your overall experience ?
For me and everyone else in this thread minus a couple guys ? Yep. 100%.
It shows up in the Crown and then you start looking for it in other content, and it does not disappoint.
It shows up all over the place, in games, in shows, in movies. (there are 8 or 9 different occurrences that people have posted actual proof, not just saying "it shows up here").
So its not a matter of if every set has it (probably yes to some degree), its more a matter of, does it bother you and are you willing to live with it to get all of the other great benefits the set offers. A couple people here it doesn't bother. The rest it does and keep returning their sets in hopes of getting a "perfect one" . I don't think that set exists.
I think they are all flawed, it just doesn't matter to some.
Some people are sensitive to certain things like SOE or DSE, those things don't bother me too much but for some its a show stopper. Clouding/blooming bugs the hell out of me and that would be a showstopper for me if it affected the actual picture. I can see some of that blooming on the Crown scene on my X900F on the black bars (the H9G also has this blooming too on the black bars). It doesn't bug me as long as its not IN the picture. For some it may.
Red blotches on peoples skin on certain scenes FOR ME, IS a showstopper. For others(and I feel this way about SOE), ignorance is bliss.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I think the situation here is, the Crown exposes a flaw in the way the set processes certain scenes.
People are fooling themselves to thinking it is only one scene. It's on a bunch of scenes, to varying degrees and it isnt just Netflix either (go back and read the thread).
Until there is a video showing otherwise, I believe every set has the same issue.
Now the question is do you care and does it ruin your overall experience ?
For me and everyone else in this thread minus a couple guys ? Yep. 100%.
It shows up in the Crown and then you start looking for it in other content, and it does not disappoint.
It shows up all over the place, in games, in shows, in movies. (there are 8 or 9 different occurrences that people have posted actual proof, not just saying "it shows up here").
So its not a matter of if every set has it (probably yes to some degree), its more a matter of, does it bother you and are you willing to live with it to get all of the other great benefits the set offers. A couple people here it doesn't bother. The rest it does and keep returning their sets in hopes of getting a "perfect one" . I don't think that set exists.
I think they are all flawed, it just doesn't matter to some.
Some people are sensitive to certain things like SOE or DSE, those things don't bother me too much but for some its a show stopper. Clouding/blooming bugs the hell out of me and that would be a showstopper for me if it affected the actual picture. I can see some of that blooming on the Crown scene on my X900F on the black bars (the H9G also has this blooming too on the black bars). It doesn't bug me as long as its not IN the picture. For some it may.
Red blotches on peoples skin on certain scenes FOR ME, IS a showstopper. For others(and I feel this way about SOE), ignorance is bliss.
And yet you don't have the set anymore but wait you may buy another one for your shore home, how about for your castle in England or your yacht on the pacific, what's your budget again for a sound system?

3161 - 3180 of 4964 Posts