AVS Forum banner

3541 - 3560 of 5023 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
H9G review plus comparisons to the H8G (budget 4K king).

One of my favorite YouTube guys.....I got some Q Acoustics speakers based on his (and others) recommendations and he always does a good run down of equipment...
...don't like his new haircut though. He needs my mullet.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,543
If you get your refund this week, are you buying a different tv
Refund? They haven't even called me back after 4 business day after the repair. Then 4 business days after I had to call in to find out my case was escalated. So much for their 24-48h call back.

If I get a refund I might by an HDMI 2.1 set.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Refund? They haven't even called me back after 4 business day after the repair. Then 4 business days after I had to call in to find out my case was escalated. So much for their 24-48h call back.

If I get a refund I might by an HDMI 2.1 set.
Sorry about that, I really hope it works out for you

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bleh, the more testing I do, the more disgusted I am with the ghosting on this thing. This whole "HDR red ghost" issue is where it's most obvious, but every source/mode is exhibiting some form of too-aggressive overdrive and loads of inverse ghosting. Really having some serious buyer's remorse, hope some miracle firmware can fix it. Having seen those videos of the Samsung Q90T firmware fix has given me some hope at least.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Bleh, the more testing I do, the more disgusted I am with the ghosting on this thing. This whole "HDR red ghost" issue is where it's most obvious, but every source/mode is exhibiting some form of too-aggressive overdrive and loads of inverse ghosting. Really having some serious buyer's remorse, hope some miracle firmware can fix it. Having seen those videos of the Samsung Q90T firmware fix has given me some hope at least.
Sorry about your problems and displeasure....it's been almost 4 months now since the ghosting issue began and the only fix was the hardware replacement which fixed nothing.
It's a shame no firmware fix has even been mentioned by Hisense, since Samsung had their issue fixed easily that way...which was pretty much the same issue.
And so far it hasn't been established that new production runs are any better.
Your set sounds particularly bad..especially if you are seeing it in SDR....if you can, you should return it.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,547
Could you please share your set's mfg date and location? Its on a sticker on the back near the HDMI inputs.

If you still have the option of returning it please do so. Don't get caught in the "repair" loop with Hisense USA support.

·
Registered
679 Posts
This looks damn interesting....QLED 65 inch with 210 zones and 1500 nits with a Dynaudio speaker system for 1200 bucks !
A worthy competitor for the H9G and a lot of others if it's any good....and when was Oppo not good?

·
Registered
209 Posts
This looks damn interesting....QLED 65 inch with 210 zones and 1500 nits with a Dynaudio speaker system for 1200 bucks !
A worthy competitor for the H9G and a lot of others if it's any good....and when was Oppo not good?

Tells you why Samsung is getting out of that end of the business. China is going scorched earth on everyone's business model

·
Registered
679 Posts
Tells you why Samsung is getting out of that end of the business. China is going scorched earth on everyone's business model
Yeah...40 more zones and 500 more nits than the H9G... and a MediaTek MT9950 processor with 8.5GB RAM and 128GB internal storage . This thing is just killer on paper.
This even leaves a lot of high end Sonys in the dust.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is the ethernet port on the H9G only a 10/100? I have a 300mbps plan with a docsis 3.1 modem and can't get the speed above 100mbps. If this TV is only 10/100 like my modem lights are showing, I'm disappointed.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Is the ethernet port on the H9G only a 10/100? I have a 300mbps plan with a docsis 3.1 modem and can't get the speed above 100mbps. If this TV is only 10/100 like my modem lights are showing, I'm disappointed.
The only reference I could find was a response from Hisense on Amazon "the ethernet speed covers up to 2.5gb"
You might need a better cable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone figured out a way to disable the, "Okay Google" prompt but still use the microphone for things like YouTube search? I've tried turning off the Google Assistant in settings, disabling the microphone permission for the Google app, disabling the Google app all together, and flipping the physical hardware switch on the TV. None of these allow me to not have the assistant get triggered but still use the microphone in other apps.

The assistant constantly gets triggered while watching things that don't even say the trigger words.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The only reference I could find was a response from Hisense on Amazon "the ethernet speed covers up to 2.5gb"
You might need a better cable.
I have a cat8 cable. I'm sure the port is only 10/100. It does have wireless ac 5ghz support though which is good enough I guess. Just bummed that I rewired my entire house to get my modem and router close to the TV so I could use the more stable ethernet port. Well atleast I get a very strong wireless signal now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Could you please share your set's mfg date and location? Its on a sticker on the back near the HDMI inputs.

If you still have the option of returning it please do so. Don't get caught in the "repair" loop with Hisense USA support.
I'm a March 19 Mexico, think this batch is already on the list

Long since missed my return window, unfortunately! This is the first TV I've bought in over a decade, thought I did my research but didn't quite know what to look for myself at first when I got the TV - think I was dazzled by the image quality and not testing out the right content (didn't have access to HDR stuff or consoles to test with at the time). Feels bad!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,556
I'm a March 19 Mexico, think this batch is already on the list

Long since missed my return window, unfortunately! This is the first TV I've bought in over a decade, thought I did my research but didn't quite know what to look for myself at first when I got the TV - think I was dazzled by the image quality and not testing out the right content (didn't have access to HDR stuff or consoles to test with at the time). Feels bad!
Sorry to hear that. I also waited to long in the hopes of a FW fix. Now after the HW fix don't know what is next from R&D. Still no call from Hisense USA support. Don't wish anyone to get stuck with a TV and have to work with them for some remedy.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,557
Has anyone figured out a way to disable the, "Okay Google" prompt but still use the microphone for things like YouTube search? I've tried turning off the Google Assistant in settings, disabling the microphone permission for the Google app, disabling the Google app all together, and flipping the physical hardware switch on the TV. None of these allow me to not have the assistant get triggered but still use the microphone in other apps.

The assistant constantly gets triggered while watching things that don't even say the trigger words.
I haven't tried this myself but you could try training a different weird long phrase so it effectively never triggers. You can do this on the Google home app on a phone. Not sure about Android TV.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I also waited to long in the hopes of a FW fix. Now after the HW fix don't know what is next from R&D. Still no call from Hisense USA support. Don't wish anyone to get stuck with a TV and have to work with them for some remedy.
Yeah, I guess if there's no word on a possible fix soon, I'll try to start the "repair" process and hopefully maybe get a refund out of that eventually? I'd really much prefer a fix but who knows if that's ever going to happen

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have a cat8 cable. I'm sure the port is only 10/100. It does have wireless ac 5ghz support though which is good enough I guess. Just bummed that I rewired my entire house to get my modem and router close to the TV so I could use the more stable ethernet port. Well atleast I get a very strong wireless signal now.
It probably is 10/100 ...I looked at the manual and it suggests a Cat 5 cable....
I agree, I would always use LAN over wireless but it seems emphasis is placed on wireless over wired on a lot of devices.

·
Registered
500 Posts
what would your tv need a connection faster than 100mbs for, could it even use the extra bandwidth?

3541 - 3560 of 5023 Posts