AVS Forum banner

5821 - 5840 of 6049 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hi, mine is a U8QF and is identical (board etc) except for using FRC and a soundbar slapped at the bottom. - 10/10/2020 production date in China.
I can post slow mo and photos of how it looks. - bright green and red outlines in motion.
I have the yellowish spots you did but when a dark object (completely black or close to) moves revealing a bright background.
I don't understand how everyone here considers it a different set.. The panel is VA and the ancient processor is the same.
VIDAA is android but slightly customized. The menu and setting is the same. The firmware is the same except naming conventions across regions.

I'm returning it this Saturday and hope to get my money back. Will go for a Q80T despite the worse black and peak brightness.
Will miss the RIDICULOUS peak brightness but would rather not risk it. This is of course assuming they don't manage to "repair" it which would mean I've sat 2 months without the set only to get dissapointed again judging by your post.
Neuro....nobody is doubting you have issues with your set....86 or so who frequent this thread have...that's why they came here. We really don't need to see more examples but you can do what you want of course. It's nice that you recognize the virtues of this set at its price. We really don't know much about the differences between US and other sets. Good luck with your new venture.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Neuro....nobody is doubting you have issues with your set....86 or so who frequent this thread have...that's why they came here. We really don't need to see more examples but you can do what you want of course. It's nice that you recognize the virtues of this set at its price. We really don't know much about the differences between US and other sets. Good luck with your new venture.
I'm saying it's the same set and it's manufactured at a later date.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Here's something that's really going to make the complainers cry. This to me is just another thing that shows not all TVs have a blur problem, or the professional reviewers would catch it.

Hisense H9G 65” Android 4K Smart TV Hands-On | AVS Forum
What's nice is to see someone who actually knows what they are doing and what to look for evaluate a set....he probably spent way way way way more time with it than say Rtings or other reviewers did....and his had to be a good one or he would have noticed immediately.
In case some don't know this, when an audio reviewer gets a set of speakers to evaluate, they spend a week or two with them...some opinions take time in a real world environment.
I would like to recommend that anyone here who doubts there are good ones go hassle him....let's see how that goes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, mine is a U8QF and is identical (board etc) except for using FRC and a soundbar slapped at the bottom. - 10/10/2020 production date in China.
I can post slow mo and photos of how it looks. - bright green and red outlines in motion.
I have the yellowish spots you did but when a dark object (completely black or close to) moves revealing a bright background.
I don't understand how everyone here considers it a different set.. The panel is VA and the ancient processor is the same.
VIDAA is android but slightly customized. The menu and settings are the same. The firmware is the same except naming conventions across regions.
The number of dimming zones is the same. Regardless if it's FRC or true 10 bit, the motion issues should not be this bad.

I'm returning it this Saturday and hope to get my money back. Will go for a Q80T despite the worse black and peak brightness.
Will miss the RIDICULOUS peak brightness but would rather not risk it. This is of course assuming they don't manage to "repair" it which would mean I've sat 2 months without the set only to get dissapointed again judging by your post.
I really hope you get your money back and can buy a tv that you can enjoy, sure you will get some issues with the new set, but for sure, will be better.

Enviado desde mi SM-G975F mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
How can you call it the same set when it has a completely different panel?
Everything besides the panel is identical.
Are you saying the panel itself is the problem? Would go against the post of people who swapped multiple boards and saw an improvement.

I really hope you get your money back and can buy a tv that you can enjoy, sure you will get some issues with the new set, but for sure, will be better.

Enviado desde mi SM-G975F mediante Tapatalk
Thank you. If yours is within guarantee you should try returning it too.
Hisense reps in my country were very nice, professional and swift, however I have to deal with a dealer from another EU country.
From what Hisense reps told me the seller doesn't have replacement boards/parts so they would have to offer a refund/swap.

·
Registered
857 Posts
How can you call it the same set when it has a completely different panel?
Im looking this thing up now....sure seems different.....over on AVForums UK they are saying they are not the same at all.
This forum looks like ours....those with problems squabbling with those that don't.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Are you saying the panel itself is the problem? Would go against the post of people who swapped multiple boards and saw an improvement.
I am saying you can't really compare one to the other because the Panel itself is the main component of a tv. You cant compare the picture quality of an 8-bit picture that fakes 10-bit color by using frame rate control. I would guess there are other parts of the mainboard or t-con board that are different because they are driving two completely different panels.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Uh....Huh?? The panel is the set. Although I love to hear about board swapping, there are limits.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Im looking this thing up now....sure seems different.....over on AVForums UK they are saying they are not the same at all.
This forum looks like ours....those with problems squabbling with those that don't.

Lol, no kidding it's really getting bizarre now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm just saying the problem is their soft and old processor most likely.
Yes, the EU version probably has it worse due to the older panel.
"Identical" might not be the word here ok... but trying to make a point.

To be fair it's very difficult to find differences outside the panel. (as in info online)
I'm reffering to some scarce information from Russian forums.
They know their ****

·
Registered
857 Posts
I'm just saying the problem is their soft and old processor most likely.
Yes, the EU version probably has it worse due to the older panel.
"Identical" might not be the word here ok... but trying to make a point.
This is what Dodgexander and I have been saying for months. The VA panel speed variations, coupled with inadequate processing are probably the reason that some sets have the issue and some don't. Just like the DSE panel lottery, if you are lucky and get a panel that's up to speed, you have a good set....if your panel is slow, you get the blur.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Lol and one of those does the same over there that Eddie Haskel does here, he promotes Sony.
Psychology Today Says...

"One reason why workplace bullies may not be discovered is because they suck up to the authorities while bullying subordinates and peers behind their backs. Just like Eddie Haskell from the old Leave it to Beaver show (who ingratiated himself to the parents while tormenting the Beaver), the bully pretends to be a model employee - but only when the boss is around."

Nothing worse than tormenting Beavers I always say....

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is what Dodgexander and I have been saying for months. The VA panel speed variations, coupled with inadequate processing are probably the reason that some sets have the issue and some don't. Just like the DSE panel lottery, if you are lucky and get a panel that's up to speed, you have a good set....if your panel is slow, you get the blur.
I suspect they might deteriorate over time in that regard.
Would be interested to find info on the actual display binning or where they supply them from.
Pretty sure there's a compromise there.

Tried turning all contrast and most of the brightness down for black and white picture that's very dim - still notice the outlines with close to the same intensity and color.
This makes me believe it's 90% software.
Either that or the black and white I'm seeing is software based - which makes it the panel.
Don't even know anymore.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Would be interested to find info on the actual display binning or where they supply them from.

Tried turning all contrast and most of the brightness down for black and white picture that's very dim - still notice the outlines with close to the same intensity and color.
Either that or the black and white I'm seeing is software based - which makes it the panel.
Don't even know anymore.
You really should go over to the UK's av forum where they have a discussion group for your tv or start a discussion group thread for your TV here but these are not the same TV's.

·
Registered
857 Posts

Don't even know anymore.
Don't drive yourself nuts....if you have the issue, you have the issue and nothing will fix it. I would recommend getting a TCL 6 series as a replacement...the Samsung Qt80 is a step down just like a Sony 900h is....

·
Registered
32 Posts
You really should go over to the UK's av forum where they have a discussion group for your tv or start a discussion group thread for your TV here but these are not the same TV's.
The main reason to come here was HisenseCA. Was hoping I can find a fix because I like the TV.
Either that or somehow get it out of my place and a refund instantly, but I'm over that at this point.
Also sfsilicon photos resembled my issues the closest. I even used them in my ticket, but have taken some of my own set just in case return goes wrong.

But hey, if you want me to go with the UK folks I'll show myself out. :D
Same cesspool with 1-2 useful posts every 10 pages anyways.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Don't drive yourself nuts....if you have the issue, you have the issue and nothing will fix it. I would recommend getting a TCL 6 series as a replacement...the Samsung Qt80 is a step down just like a Sony 900h is....
I know, I've been pulling my hair over that as well.
Wanted to go for a GZ or HZ2000 on lease and just never think of any issues ever again but they are out of stock.
There's no easy way of replacing it... I'll give Hisense that.

5821 - 5840 of 6049 Posts