AVS Forum banner

5841 - 5860 of 6048 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
The main reason to come here was HisenseCA. Was hoping I can find a fix because I like the TV.
Either that or somehow get it out of my place and a refund instantly, but I'm over that at this point.
Also sfsilicon photos resembled my issues the closest. I even used them in my ticket, but have taken some of my own set just in case return goes wrong.

But hey, if you want me to go with the UK folks I'll show myself out. :D
Same cesspool with 1-2 useful posts every 10 pages anyways.
I'm sure HisenseCA would help you if she could but I doubt she has much information on a tv that isn't even sold on this continent.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm saying it's the same set and it's manufactured at a later date.
Unless you provide the Service Code on the white sticker on the back of the TV, we cannot verify that it is the same set. We are going universal for 2021 but to the best of my knowledge, have not done it before now. The North American TVs are only available in North America but depending on where the specific panels are sourced from, it's possible there could be overlap. However, Mexico only produces for the USA currently.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm sure HisenseCA would help you if she could but I doubt she has much information on a tv that isn't even sold on this continent.
You're correct in that I only receive information on models sold in North America - but this year we will at least have a list to be able to say - the UK equivalent of the XXX is YYY. The firmware will still vary by region and everyone on reddit will continue to hate me because I can't help them. 0hwell - see what I did there. ;)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Unless you provide the Service Code on the white sticker on the back of the TV, we cannot verify that it is the same set. We are going universal for 2021 but to the best of my knowledge, have not done it before now. The North American TVs are only available in North America but depending on where the specific panels are sourced from, it's possible there could be overlap. However, Mexico only produces for the USA currently.
Hisense UK confirmed yesterday that the U8QF is not the same as the H9G. It would appear some YouTubers from the US made some assumptions and were wrong.
A quote from the UK thread.

·
Registered
657 Posts
You're correct in that I only receive information on models sold in North America - but this year we will at least have a list to be able to say - the UK equivalent of the XXX is YYY. The firmware will still vary by region and everyone on reddit will continue to hate me because I can't help them. 0hwell - see what I did there. ;)
lol yes I did.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Everything besides the panel is identical.
Are you saying the panel itself is the problem? Would go against the post of people who swapped multiple boards and saw an improvement.

Thank you. If yours is within guarantee you should try returning it too.
Hisense reps in my country were very nice, professional and swift, however I have to deal with a dealer from another EU country.
From what Hisense reps told me the seller doesn't have replacement boards/parts so they would have to offer a refund/swap.
I tried, but for hisense my unit is ok, they refuses to send my home a technician.

After several firmaware updates and photos and videos, his response was that my set is under normal values.

I undersatand a tv set can have issues, all brands have, but is the fist time I have a terrible set, and the brand refuses warranty.

Haved an issue with my oled, and in 24 hours have a tecnician in my house, have an issue with hisense, and one month later, still having the issue and no more responses for the aftersales service. This is the shame, a brand can make a faulty product of course, every brand has faults, but deny warranty??? My case is not the only one, this thead are plenty of peoples that hisense not responding callings anymore.

No matter, my experience with hisense will cost me some hundred euros, but hisense loose more, every one who read this thread, will be aware from buying nothing, now I have mi tv in an empity room and putted my old set back in the bedroom, awaiting for price drops in one/two months for buying a decent tv, thing what I have to do from the begining.

In other hand I puted a reclamation in my local consumers protection entity, but I don't have much faith they can do great thing.

Enviado desde mi SM-G975F mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
Don't drive yourself nuts....if you have the issue, you have the issue and nothing will fix it. I would recommend getting a TCL 6 series as a replacement...the Samsung Qt80 is a step down just like a Sony 900h is....
So are you saying TCl 6 Series > Hisense H9G >Samsung Qt80/Sony 900h

This has been so difficult honestly... it's these 4 tv's I have been looking at and almost everyone says if the Hisense didn't have the blur issues it would be on top, while TCl also has a panel lottery issue... besides the X900h 120hz issues it doesn't seem to have many issues besides being more expensive, and well the q80t is more expensive then all of them for similar features. Why is it so hard to pick a good tv hahahaha.

·
Registered
657 Posts

This has been so difficult honestly... it's these 4 tv's I have been looking at and almost everyone says if the Hisense didn't have the blur issues it would be on top, while TCl also has a panel lottery issue... besides the X900h 120hz issues it doesn't seem to have many issues besides being more expensive, and well the q80t is more expensive then all of them for similar features. Why is it so hard to pick a good tv hahahaha.
I haven't heard a lot of bad about the q80t other than no Dolby Vision and a high pricetag. The 900h jeez I wouldn't but whatever, there's a reason why that thread is now over 800 pages long and it isn't because they are happy and the TCL has issues ghosting one of them according to a user in here a couple of pages back. (Carzack84 post 5671)

·
Registered
857 Posts

The H9G outperforms all of those other sets....it even outperforms a Qt90 in most cases. (with quality content)
The TCL 6 is close to the H9G in many respects if you get one without DSE, which TCL still has issues with.
You have to consider how you use it...if you are a streamer, get anything besides the H9G....it's not the best at it and never pretended to be.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The H9G outperforms all of those other sets....it even outperforms a Qt90 in most cases. (with quality content)
The TCL 6 is close to the H9G in many respects if you get one without DSE, which TCL still has issues with.
You have to consider how you use it...if you are a streamer, get anything besides the H9G....it's not the best at it and never pretended to be.
I'm an all case user... streams, 4k blu-ray, and gaming... I do like streaming 4k raw files through plex and I guess our cable package is stream only. I really want the H9G because it truly looks the best, just worried on if I will notice the blur issue people are talking about and how much it will bother me.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I haven't heard a lot of bad about the q80t other than no Dolby Vision and a high pricetag. The 900h jeez I wouldn't but whatever, there's a reason why that thread is now over 800 pages long and it isn't because they are happy and the TCL has issues ghosting one of them according to a user in here a couple of pages back. (Carzack84 post 5671)
Alot of the Sony issues was to do with VRR taking forever, then being cancelled, and now back on... as far as I can tell just on regular function the 900h preforms fine. Honestly for me it is coming down to the Hisense and the Sony, with Hisense still edging out but I'm worried if the red motion blur issue will bother me.....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Someone on a russian forum checked it's insides and the internals are pretty much the same if I recall - Mstar MSD6886 or something really close (still weak)
Tried to find what the H9G one was since I'm forgetful but can't find anything now for some reason..

I would love a king killer TV like the EU one or H9G but with 0 smart features, upscaling, motion or anything.
Just focus on tonemapping and driving the TV properly like pre smart TV era.
They still had processing, but lighter optional solutions and none of the other bloatware to break the chips legs.
You can do almost everything else locally on a low-midrange pc, even HDR tonemapping - all with higher quality than whatever custom solution any TV maker figures out.
If someone wants bang for their buck they would be willing to tinker around. - Just give me the barebones and all the control possible.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Alot of the Sony issues was to do with VRR taking forever, then being cancelled, and now back on... as far as I can tell just on regular function the 900h preforms fine. Honestly for me it is coming down to the Hisense and the Sony, with Hisense still edging out but I'm worried if the red motion blur issue will bother me.....
I guess it all depends on how much money you have to spend.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you are sensitive with motion, go for the sony, sony has a much better image and motion processing than hisense, if not, can give a try with hisense, if you don't like it, return and go for another brand.

Between q80 x900h and this hisense, my winner would be the x900h, but it is my personal taste

Enviado desde mi SM-G975F mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
657 Posts
Someone on a russian forum checked it's insides and the internals are pretty much the same if I recall - Mstar MSD6886 or something really close (still weak)
Tried to find what the H9G one was since I'm forgetful but can't find anything now for some reason..

I would love a king killer TV like the EU one or H9G but with 0 smart features, upscaling, motion or anything.
Just focus on tonemapping and driving the TV properly like pre smart TV era.
They still had processing, but lighter optional solutions and none of the other bloatware to break the chips legs.
You can do almost everything else locally on a low-midrange pc, even HDR tonemapping - all with higher quality than whatever custom solution any TV maker figures out.
If someone wants bang for their buck they would be willing to tinker around. - Just give me the barebones and all the control possible.
The barebones will cost more than the smart TV.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I'm an all case user... streams, 4k blu-ray, and gaming... I do like streaming 4k raw files through plex and I guess our cable package is stream only. I really want the H9G because it truly looks the best, just worried on if I will notice the blur issue people are talking about and how much it will bother me.
By streaming I was referring to Netflix and similar services. We have a lot of users here who are not happy when Netflix looks bad, and that's mainly because Netflix is pure garbage. Just throw in a good file or disc every once in a while to realize how good this set looks.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Lowering the animation time in developer settings certainly makes the UI feel faster, but it doesn't have any impact on the red ghosting or stutter. What I will say is there's a big problem I've noticed with stutter using the built in apps on the TV. Sometimes, after some time since a fresh boot the apps cause video to stutter really bad until you restart the TV. Its a regular occurrence, and can fixed by a restart. Oddly the same stutter carries over to external sources too unless you enable game mode. Signifying external inputs outside of game mode still have some kind unavoidable processing going on by the firmware.

Perhaps those that don't use internal smart TV at all don't have the stutter as much, if they don't use it, maybe it just never appears.

And herein is the problem comparing European U8Q to American H9G, different firmware can make for completely different problems. I'm not sure if they share the same low level picture processing, but if they both have the blur or ghosting issue they may share the same panel, same mainboard, same T-Con. The problem is that the firmware is completely different, as the European model doesn't run Android.

All comes down to the same thing, U8Q owners need to report the problem to Hisense and ask for a fix. Nothing will ever change if they still don't think there's an issue...and even so, its looking like it will never be resolved anyway.

·
Registered
167 Posts
By streaming I was referring to Netflix and similar services. We have a lot of users here who are not happy when Netflix looks bad, and that's mainly because Netflix is pure garbage. Just throw in a good file or disc every once in a while to realize how good this set looks.
Your getting me close to just saying this TV or bust, and just waiting to see if I can save even more with a sale in the next week or two...

I also saw @HisenseCA comment on a Youtube video in the last couple of days saying they are still working on the red blur issue... If this gets fixed then I assume this again becomes the best TV out on the market in this price range... one can still hope I guess on a fix. I've heard good things about Hisense customer service from numerous people

5841 - 5860 of 6048 Posts