AVS Forum banner

6701 - 6720 of 6806 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
For those that thought the H9G was going to be outdone by its 2021 replacement....start watching around 9 minutes 40 seconds.......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Hisense H9G Friends

Just connected my Bose soundbar to the H9G via a new HDMI arc cable.

Good News: allows me to control my sound and tv with only one remote
Bad News: now there is small sound lag which is horrible to watch

I have an optical cable which worked without any lag however I would like to be able to only have one remote.

Settings that I should update to get rid of the lag? Any other tips?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,703 ·
For those that thought the H9G was going to be outdone by its 2021 replacement....start watching around 9 minutes 40 seconds.......

Ya saw this. Let's wait till we hear the official announcement. Maybe the value for 2021 is similar to Sony in getting better processing and working HDMI 2.1 / VRR.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,704 ·
Hello Hisense H9G Friends

Just connected my Bose soundbar to the H9G via a new HDMI arc cable.

Good News: allows me to control my sound and tv with only one remote
Bad News: now there is small sound lag which is horrible to watch

I have an optical cable which worked without any lag however I would like to be able to only have one remote.

Settings that I should update to get rid of the lag? Any other tips?
Thanks in advance
Also have my Yamaha ATS-1070 connected via HDMI and no issues like you and other folks have reported. Some things to check.

Menu > Settings > Sound

Is Audo Output set to ARC?

Menu > Settings > Sound > Advanced settings

My Digital Audio Out was set to PCM, I've now changed it to Auto
Play around with Digital Audio Delay. Does that help? It only looks to delay vs being able to set it forward so not sure if that helps with your problem.

What kind of content are you trying to play? I just tried PC using HDMI 3, OTA TV dolby digital and Youtube app. No audio lag as far as I can tell. How much sound lag are you experiencing?

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Ya saw this. Let's wait till we hear the official announcement. Maybe the value for 2021 is similar to Sony in getting better processing and working HDMI 2.1 / VRR.
Im sure there will be some improvements....the cpu they used in the H9G won't be hard to improve upon.....it looks like the panel (picture in general) might be a downgrade...
In every type of equipment sooner or later you hit that wall where significant improvements are going to be hyper expensive and a lot further down the road.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also have my Yamaha ATS-1070 connected via HDMI and no issues like you and other folks have reported. Some things to check.

Menu > Settings > Sound

Is Audo Output set to ARC?

Menu > Settings > Sound > Advanced settings

My Digital Audio Out was set to PCM, I've now changed it to Auto
Play around with Digital Audio Delay. Does that help? It only looks to delay vs being able to set it forward so not sure if that helps with your problem.

What kind of content are you trying to play? I just tried PC using HDMI 3, OTA TV dolby digital and Youtube app. No audio lag as far as I can tell. How much sound lag are you experiencing?

Good luck!
Thank you sfsilicon! I updated to auto on the digital out setting and that worked!

Content was Amazon Prime.

Thank you for the quick response and help.

·
Registered
236 Posts

I don't even know what that MiniLED model is. We're not getting it here in Canada - dunno about the USA. But "mini" sad face, in any case.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Does my H9G support Bluetooth 5.0 and how do I pair my earbuds?

·
Registered
233 Posts
What's everyone's opinion on Spotify 's sound quality when using Spotify TV app?

I have my 65Q9G(Canada) connected to my Denon AVR-2113 with Hdmi 1/ARC. I get distortion only in Spotify(and not all songs and not all parts of said songs.... Almost like clipping distortion) . Amazon music, Prime video, Disney +, Netflix, YouTube... All fine.

Side note, I have to manually select "Dolby Digital" in TV sound menu, to get proper sound without chipmunk garbled audio in Disney + (looks like Disney uses Dolby digital plus)

Haven't verified if Dolby Digital mode is source of Spotify distortion. But I can't leave it on auto because apparently my Denon doesn't like/support Dolby Digital Plus(Disney audio mode)

Edit: I just double checked my Denon specs.... It says it supports Dolby Digital plus. So technically I have a Disney + audio issue then too.

·
Registered
481 Posts
What's everyone's opinion on Spotify 's sound quality when using Spotify TV app?

I have my 65Q9G(Canada) connected to my Denon AVR-2113 with Hdmi 1/ARC. I get distortion only in Spotify(and not all songs and not all parts of said songs.... Almost like clipping distortion) . Amazon music, Prime video, Disney +, Netflix, YouTube... All fine.

Side note, I have to manually select "Dolby Digital" in TV sound menu, to get proper sound without chipmunk garbled audio in Disney + (looks like Disney uses Dolby digital plus)

Haven't verified if Dolby Digital mode is source of Spotify distortion. But I can't leave it on auto because apparently my Denon doesn't like/support Dolby Digital Plus(Disney audio mode)

Edit: I just double checked my Denon specs.... It says it supports Dolby Digital plus. So technically I have a Disney + audio issue then too.
I gave up trying to get Hisense to fix the audio issues in apps. I went with a Roku Ultra for streaming.

Reactions: mcmountainman

·
Registered
233 Posts
I gave up trying to get Hisense to fix the audio issues in apps. I went with a Roku Ultra for streaming.
Ya, I never noticed an issue with my Amazon firestick 4k(I don't recall my sound settings on Fire Stick though) direct to Denon with my old plasma.

I can also cast directly to my Denon with my phone Spotify app if I really wanted.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Does my H9G support Bluetooth 5.0 and how do I pair my earbuds?
The 2020 Android models and the 2021 Android Models are Bluetooth 5.0 compatible. Usually, there are some instructions that come with your specific brand of headphones. From our end (put your headphones into pairing mode) - settings > remotes and accessories > (search) > will pop up > Click to pair > Go to Sound > Audio Output > select Bluetooth if it's not automatic.

·
Registered
283 Posts

God that's disappointing. I was waiting months to hear about the successor to the H9G. All they had to do was give the H9G better motion/a better chip and get rid of the red ghosting. That's it! Obviously there are other issues with it but still...that was all they had to do!! They could have done that and raised the price by $100-$200 and I still would have went with a Hisense for 2021. TCL screwed up as well going to 8K for the 6 series. WHY???? Whoever makes those decisions should be fired because if that info is true these TVs in 2021 are going to suck, and hopefully they don't sell as a result.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
God that's disappointing. I was waiting months to hear about the successor to the H9G. All they had to do was give the H9G better motion/a better chip and get rid of the red ghosting. That's it! Obviously there are other issues with it but still...that was all they had to do!! They could have done that and raised the price by $100-$200 and I still would have went with a Hisense for 2021. TCL screwed up as well going to 8K for the 6 series. WHY???? Whoever makes those decisions should be fired because if that info is true these TVs in 2021 are going to suck, and hopefully they don't sell as a result.
It's all about marketing, Tommy.
Hisense unfortunately knows that a lot of consumers when faced with a purchasing decision, will always go with what has 'the latest" especially if the price is similar. Standing there in Walmart, they buy the one with better blurbs on the box.
We still don't know exactly what Hisense has in store, but that FOMO vid didn't bode well.
Even with its few shortcomings though, the H9G is still the set to beat and might be so for a while.

Reactions: tommy7154

·
Registered
52 Posts
Anyone know if the H9G will eventually get eARC with a firmware update?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Anyone know if the H9G will eventually get eARC with a firmware update?
Doubtful....very few chipsets can be updated to EARC through firmware. If it was possible they would have probably done it by now.
If you are using an a/v receiver, it doesn't matter anyhow.....plug your devices into that.
If you are streaming, it definitely doesn't matter...ARC is more than adequate for the dismal sound you get that way.

·
Registered
84 Posts
is red ghosting still an issue with this tv?
I would like to know as well. Is the red ghosting happen on all content and sources ?

BB is installing mine on Wednesday. Regardless I believe I will enjoy this tv based on reviews. I am replacing TCL 4 series. Would of considered. Another TCL but need a TV that would work in a bright room and cuz I stream spectrum cable and the spectrum app is not currently available on roku.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,720 ·
is red ghosting still an issue with this tv?
As far as I can tell yes. See post #4 of this thread for the list of set I was able to gather so far. Last one was manufactured in Dec 2020. If you can buy a set locally with a good return policy you can try the panel lottery and return the set if you have red ghosting and can't live with it. Not every set has it and for the folks that don't have it or can live with the lesser forms of it they really enjoy the set. Good luck with your new TV. Please post when it was manufactured and where (sticker on the back near HDMI ports). Interested to hear when the current sold stock was built and if they have the HW fixes that they implemented in the past are implemented in newer builds.

@madrushian please see post 4. Lots of info there and I'm still updating when pertinent.The H9G is great if you can get a set that doesn't have it or its not noticeable in the content you view. Most folks have issues when they use highly compressed content or just poor source material (which is often the case with Netflix and other streaming services). 4K HDR bluray look great on this set so long as you don't use a Windows PC (set still has issues with Windows HDR10). Set has some issues with motion artifacts and processing, its one of the tradeoffs otherwise you would be paying a lot more. This set is optimized for watch movies using high quality sources.

6701 - 6720 of 6806 Posts