AVS Forum banner

6721 - 6740 of 6806 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks I'm glad you mentioned difference between streaming movies and blurays. I watch from blurays mainly. So Good news for me.

Reactions: sfsilicon

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Thanks I'm glad you mentioned difference between streaming movies and blurays. I watch from blurays mainly. So Good news for me.
You should be good....90 percent of issues in this entire year long thread have originated from lower quality sources.
Hisense designed this set with you in mind.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am expecting my H9G this coming Tuesday from Costco. Will hock it up for my PS5 and Xbox Series X. I know it has no HDMI 2.1 for [email protected], but right now there is no game will can run [email protected] without losing details or ray tracing. Maybe PS5 Pro will have the ability to render [email protected] without compromising shadow details or ray tracing. That will be 2 or 3 years later....will test red ghosting and report back....

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,724 ·
I am expecting my H9G this coming Tuesday from Costco. Will hock it up for my PS5 and Xbox Series X. I know it has no HDMI 2.1 for [email protected], but right now there is no game will can run [email protected] without losing details or ray tracing. Maybe PS5 Pro will have the ability to render [email protected] without compromising shadow details or ray tracing. That will be 2 or 3 years later....will test red ghosting and report back....
Good luck! Thanks for letting us know. Assuming you meant Q9G since your in Canada and buying from Costco. They have the best warranty, but they don't carry the H9G in the US. Hope the gaming experience is okay. While the H9G has a 120Hz panel it does frame doubling so you will only ever get 60Hz even in lower resolutions. This TV was meant for watching movies using high quality sources. So hopefully 4K 60Hz will be good. Haven't heard too many complaining about gaming use, except for the folks that saw red or green ghosting. Hopefully the newer set have the TCON fixes in them so they are less prone. Still seeing some folks reporting ghosting. One set built as late as Dec 2020.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good luck! Thanks for letting us know. Assuming you meant Q9G since your in Canada and buying from Costco. They have the best warranty, but they don't carry the H9G in the US. Hope the gaming experience is okay. While the H9G has a 120Hz panel it does frame doubling so you will only ever get 60Hz even in lower resolutions. This TV was meant for watching movies using high quality sources. So hopefully 4K 60Hz will be good. Haven't heard too many complaining about gaming use, except for the folks that saw red or green ghosting. Hopefully the newer set have the TCON fixes in them so they are less prone. Still seeing some folks reporting ghosting. One set built as late as Dec 2020.
Yeah. You are right. It is Q9G from Costco. Was debating on q9g and Sony x900h, finally pull the trigger on q9g. If the red ghosting is pronounced or gaming experience is below my expectation, will return it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, first post here and it's going to be about the Hisense H9G! In the US and I got the tv at Amazon a couple days ago, expecting it this wednesday and am super excited! All of the very positive reviews and user impressions from many people made me take notice and take a chance. I'm aware of the issues presented and reported, hoping I get a good experience, regardless I got a protection plan. Anyway, even though I do play lots of video games from the Nintendo Switch to Xbox Series S, the Hisense H9G will strictly be a physical movies machine.

I have a Sony UHD player, specifically the UBP-X700 and a LOT of UHD discs. Will also hook up my Sony soundbar to the tv too for a nice little home theater experience. I'm even excited for the set up!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hi, first post here and it's going to be about the Hisense H9G! In the US and I got the tv at Amazon a couple days ago, expecting it this wednesday and am super excited! All of the very positive reviews and user impressions from many people made me take notice and take a chance. I'm aware of the issues presented and reported, hoping I get a good experience, regardless I got a protection plan. Anyway, even though I do play lots of video games from the Nintendo Switch to Xbox Series S, the Hisense H9G will strictly be a physical movies machine.

I have a Sony UHD player, specifically the UBP-X700 and a LOT of UHD discs. Will also hook up my Sony soundbar to the tv too for a nice little home theater experience. I'm even excited for the set up!
Prepare to be blown away with the sources you will use. Even if the worst happens and you get a ghoster, just keep exchanging it.......as you might have seen, even new models from various makers can't match this set.
I use nothing but high quality sources and game a lot (RDR2...90.2 percent, and going) and the H9G never fails to impress.

·
Registered
236 Posts
God that's disappointing. I was waiting months to hear about the successor to the H9G. All they had to do was give the H9G better motion/a better chip and get rid of the red ghosting. That's it! Obviously there are other issues with it but still...that was all they had to do!! They could have done that and raised the price by $100-$200 and I still would have went with a Hisense for 2021. TCL screwed up as well going to 8K for the 6 series. WHY???? Whoever makes those decisions should be fired because if that info is true these TVs in 2021 are going to suck, and hopefully they don't sell as a result.
Just came here to say we overhauled the chipset on the 2021 higher-end Android models. Major upgrades. I'm not sure what models FOMO has but AFAIK, we didn't send him any of ours so I'm wondering if it's more of a generic comment than anything. Sometimes the big tech reviewers get European models sent to them so they can be first to the post with great content. We won't have Mini LEDs in Canada - not sure what the U7G series is in Canada either - guessing the U78G maybe? If so, that's the 2021 variant of the H9G but keep your eyes open for the U88G and UD9G. I haven't seen them in person yet either (WFH) but the R&D team seems really impressed with the YoY improvements.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Just came here to say we overhauled the chipset on the 2021 higher-end Android models. Major upgrades. I'm not sure what models FOMO has but AFAIK, we didn't send him any of ours so I'm wondering if it's more of a generic comment than anything. Sometimes the big tech reviewers get European models sent to them so they can be first to the post with great content. We won't have Mini LEDs in Canada - not sure what the U7G series is in Canada either - guessing the U78G maybe? If so, that's the 2021 variant of the H9G but keep your eyes open for the U88G and UD9G. I haven't seen them in person yet either (WFH) but the R&D team seems really impressed with the YoY improvements.
It's very possible that whatever FOMO has/saw could be the newer H8G....and, like most of us have said here for a year...an H9G with a better CPU/Chipset would be the perfect machine.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,730 ·
Thanks for the update. Will be looking for functional HDMI 2.1 incl. [email protected], clean motion processing, VRR - FreeSynch Premium Pro would be awesome and no color issues with Windows 10 HDR. Funny how QDots and working local dimming are a given for me now. Will have to see if TCL mini LED makes enough of a difference to get one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was reading reviews on U7G Pro which was released in China. It seems very promising! Any idea whether we will get it in Canada?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
U6G, U7G, U8G. Only the latter model advertised as having 1500 nits. The U7G is advertised with a 120hz panel though, so could be an improvement over this years H8G. All U6G, U7G and U8G are FALD but I'd expect that to be no different to the 2020 lineup. FALD is only really good on the highest tier TV.

U9G haven't heard anything about, not sure it will make it to North America, at least not later than the others.

Reactions: Zoland2020

·
Registered
84 Posts
Has anyone had the H9G professionally calibrated. If so was the how significant were the differences between Rtng settings and professional Calibration

·
Registered
144 Posts
The difference would probably be fairly significant since Rtings full array of settings are basically a professional calibration on the specific set they reviewed.

If you get your set professionally calibrated, the results would be similar albeit with completely different values for 2-point/20-point/color space.

Using their basic settings, Picture mode/color temp etc. are the only things you should copy.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Using their basic settings, Picture mode/color temp etc. are the only things you should copy.
Sure wouldn't do that.....their settings were for the initial firmware. The picture changed dramatically with the latest firmware.
Set it how you like it....your eyes are your eyes. A calibrated display doesn't necessarily look good to a lot of people, in fact it can look dull and lose the "pop" factor this set can give.
Just cut the red push...the rest is personal.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Very true on the firmware point. I use my set for solely PC usage, so I can't really copy any of their settings because of input lag outside of HDR Game mode. Thankfully the defaults of Game mode/PC input aren't horrible, at least to my eyes on this set.

But I was prompted to buy a calibration tool to try my best at a personal calibration since the gamma curve leaves something to be desired.

On that note I wonder how many people that pay for a professional calibration completely flush that money down the toilet. I know if I set a friend or family member on the right path by choosing anything other than Vivid mode, it's right back to that the next time I visit them. :)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Very true on the firmware point. I use my set for solely PC usage, so I can't really copy any of their settings because of input lag outside of HDR Game mode. Thankfully the defaults of Game mode/PC input aren't horrible, at least to my eyes on this set.

But I was prompted to buy a calibration tool to try my best at a personal calibration since the gamma curve leaves something to be desired.

On that note I wonder how many people that pay for a professional calibration completely flush that money down the toilet. I know if I set a friend or family member on the right path by choosing anything other than Vivid mode, it's right back to that the next time I visit them. :)
I would guess that spending 300 or more on a 900 dollar set isn't the smartest financial move....not that the H9G's picture couldn't benefit from it. But, just like in audio the source will dictate the results...
Setting the picture to "correct" generally doesn't look great....just like setting a speaker system to "flat" usually sounds dull and lifeless.
Never hurts to play around on your own....sometimes it yields great results.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Prepare to be blown away with the sources you will use. Even if the worst happens and you get a ghoster, just keep exchanging it.......as you might have seen, even new models from various makers can't match this set.
I use nothing but high quality sources and game a lot (RDR2...90.2 percent, and going) and the H9G never fails to impress.
Thanks! I think so far I may have gotten lucky, and I am beyond blown away by the H9G. I've never seen anything so technically amazing; bold and bright, plus the colors pop! The issues are there but seem to be minimal for me whether watching an UHD disc (I watched Star Wars: Rogue One first) or streaming Shazam in dolby vision. Just wow. Will definitely report back if anything truly unfortunate arises, but for now, I love this tv already!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Thanks! I think so far I may have gotten lucky, and I am beyond blown away by the H9G. I've never seen anything so technically amazing; bold and bright, plus the colors pop! The issues are there but seem to be minimal for me whether watching an UHD disc (I watched Star Wars: Rogue One first) or streaming Shazam in dolby vision. Just wow. Will definitely report back if anything truly unfortunate arises, but for now, I love this tv already!
Good to hear, now HisenseCA can get some sleep...

6721 - 6740 of 6806 Posts