AVS Forum banner

3181 - 3200 of 3569 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the red ghosting issue, but I am keeping the set. It looked worse in video recording than in person. I had to really pay attention to when it was playing and know exactly when it was going to occur. If I did not know what to look for, I would not have noticed it.

I have since stopped trying to find other shows with the problem. I am hoping my set is just one that has the problem, but not so bad.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello everyone, I already wrote in this thread about the problem with red with examples. I have a European counterpart of this TV 65U8QF. (April 2020 production China) I keep in touch with local Heisens support in my country, this is what they answered me a couple of days ago:

"For the 65th diagonal, it is recommended to replace the main board of the new modification. Now we need to clarify exactly how the process will take place ... If the order of the part will take place from the "native" factories, it will take a long time. Perhaps the batch has already been delivered to Europe."

·
Registered
86 Posts
I also never watch the Crown and it's HUGE issue in many shows, games, and movies. I don't know why people are still trying so hard to downplay this issue.
This. People on here are giving the absolute worst excuses for this set's problems from "the source is streaming and is the problem" to "I don't watch the Crown so i'll never see it". LOL what??? It happens on SO MUCH content, both streaming and physical media, and the whole streaming argument is so beyond debunked that it doesn't make sense to keep saying it. I even had someone tell me on the thread that my KS8000 was not a "quality set" or something like that, which is why I don't see some of the problems I see on the H9G. Huh??? In what world. Like, if you aren't experiencing issues then that's wonderful and great for you. I see a trend of it NOT BEING HDR content for the people who aren't seeing red ghosting. I'm going to test with a non HDR source of the same content and see if I get the problems.

·
Registered
860 Posts
FOMO said he tried the Alita scene also...with no issue. Like me, he is not trusting a low bitrate Netflix show to be a defining test for a screen issue. Like none of us, he has dozens of tv's lying around and doesn't watch primarily an H9G.
The Crown is invalid....told ya all so. When he gets the bluray and its still there, then we can talk.
All the affected here need to direct their frustration towards Hisense, who pretty much dumped you today.
Wait, so FOMO is awesome (he kinda is :)) and other reviewers that you don't agree with are shills? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
860 Posts
What other professional reviewers are you talking about, other than the people in this thread?
Earlier post where I linked a digital trends vid and he accused a respected reviewer of shilling for TCL because said reviewer very slightly preferred it to the H9G while also stating that would not necessarily be the case for others. Not getting deeper into it but I suspect the bias isn't with the reviewer. They are allowed opinions without motive. Not going to post the vid again because the context of doing so was simply to offer another poster the buying options he asked about and not for purposes of a direct compare.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Earlier post where I linked a vid and he accused a respected reviewer of shilling for TCL because he very slightly preferred it to the H9G. Not getting into it but I suspect the bias isn't with the reviewers. They are allowed opinions without motive.
If you have paid attention the people that say they don't think they have the problem are constantly being attacked and more or less called liars. I do believe that some sets are affected, I also believe some sets are affected to a much smaller degree or maybe not at all. As for the TCL thing, to me that's all a matter of preference.

·
Registered
429 Posts
If you have paid attention the people that say they don't think they have the problem are constantly being attacked and more or less called liars. I do believe that some sets are affected, I also believe some sets are affected to a much smaller degree or maybe not at all. As for the TCL thing, to me that's all a matter of preference.
Oh...I see now. He thinks because I don't trust side by sides I was showing preference. I wasn't. Unless I was there in person, I just don't trust what they do. I really hate Sports.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Here's my issue with this thread. People are on here refusing to deal with facts, and instead dealing with conjecture. That is just a non-productive way to reach a solution to any problem.

The FACTS:
  • The red ghosting issue if the set has it, occurs whether you are watching streaming HDR content or physical media HDR content.
  • The issue is very apparent in many scenes in different shows and movies, it is not just relegated to "The Crown" scene.
  • Changing the TCON board does nothing to fix the issue.
  • The problem does not seem to occur with non-HDR content. I have tested the Jumanji Into the Jungle 4K HDR and regular Blu-ray discs as I have both and the red ghosting was extremely apparent throughout the 4K HDR disc, and was NOT there in the same exact scenes in the regular Blu-ray.
  • Affected content types are ALL HDR formats, I tested HDR10 and Dolby Vision both separately from my Nvidia Shield, both had the ghosting.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Here's my issue with this thread. People are on here refusing to deal with facts, and instead dealing with conjecture. That is just a non-productive way to reach a solution to any problem.

The FACTS:
  • The red ghosting issue if the set has it, occurs whether you are watching streaming HDR content or physical media HDR content.
  • The issue is very apparent in many scenes in different shows and movies, it is not just relegated to "The Crown" scene.
  • The problem does not seem to occur with non-HDR content. I have tested the Jumanji Into the Jungle 4K HDR and regular Blu-ray discs as I have both and the red ghosting was extremely apparent throughout the 4K HDR disc, and was NOT there in the same exact scenes in the regular Blu-ray.
  • Affected content types are ALL HDR formats, I tested HDR10 and Dolby Vision both separately from my Nvidia Shield, both had the ghosting.
Good list....all true. This is why if you have the issue...get rid of it. Especially after Ashleys post today....not her fault...she is caught in the middle. Just get rid of it.
All of this endless bickering and speculation accomplishes nothing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
To anyone who is still trying to decide if they should just keep this TV. Watch The trial of the Chicago 7 on netflix. There is blur and red ghosting for most of the film. Totally horrible. Great film tho.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This. People on here are giving the absolute worst excuses for this set's problems from "the source is streaming and is the problem" to "I don't watch the Crown so i'll never see it". LOL what??? It happens on SO MUCH content, both streaming and physical media, and the whole streaming argument is so beyond debunked that it doesn't make sense to keep saying it. I even had someone tell me on the thread that my KS8000 was not a "quality set" or something like that, which is why I don't see some of the problems I see on the H9G. Huh??? In what world. Like, if you aren't experiencing issues then that's wonderful and great for you. I see a trend of it NOT BEING HDR content for the people who aren't seeing red ghosting. I'm going to test with a non HDR source of the same content and see if I get the problems.
I agree with what you say, but I can confirm that outside of HDR the issue is minimal. I watched Alita on HBO which is not HDR or 4k and it looked perfectly fine. But I'm not gonna keep an HDR TV that's not able to play HDR content that's just dumb.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Good list....all true. This is why if you have the issue...get rid of it. Especially after Ashleys post today....not her fault...she is caught in the middle. Just get rid of it.
All of this endless bickering and speculation accomplishes nothing.
The part I can't figure out is the people going through 3, 4, and 5 tvs. Whats up with that. Just move on

·
Registered
101 Posts

The FACTS:
I don't think anyone is questioning those facts, return your set and buy a different one

·
Registered
860 Posts
Yeah...what the heck is he talking about? Im telling ya...this threads gone off the deep end.
and what the hell is "shilling" ?
Here's what you said about a very respected reviewer, simply because you disagreed with his take. "And of course, never trust that they are being truthful if they say they have set everything the same on each set....too many agendas around. " This in a piece where he clearly said he didn't set them up identically but to what he though optimum from user controls for each set, the way most will use them. He also said the YMMV. Your comment in itself suggests there's an agenda but perhaps not from the source suggested. You clearly promoted an agenda driven misrepresentation by Digital Trends when you didn't agree with the opinion and praised FOMO when you did. I consider them both reliable sources that happen to have different opinions that actually help people with decision making. Neither should be arbitrarily disrespected or dismissed with knee jerk accusations when you happen to not care for the content.

Shill; a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty. Fits your description of the vid pretty well.

I'm out as I never intended my helping another poster to become this discussion but my comments are spot on. Some people need to make the ownership of 'things' less personal. I've owned both brands in smaller budget sets for a 2nd bedroom. Still use a Kuro for myself as I watch tech progress so no dog in this fight.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Here's what you said about a very respected reviewer, simply because you disagreed with his take. "And of course, never trust that they are being truthful if they say they have set everything the same on each set....too many agendas around. " This in a piece where he clearly said he didn't set them up identically but to what he though optimum from user controls for each set, the way most will use them. He also said the YMMV. Your comment in itself suggests there's an agenda but perhaps not from the source suggested. You clearly promoted an agenda driven misrepresentation by Digital Trends when you didn't agree with the opinion and praised FOMO when you did. I consider them both reliable sources that happen to have different opinions that actually help people with decision making. Neither should be arbitrarily disrespected or dismissed with knee jerk accusations when you happen to not care for the content.

Shill; a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty. Fits your description of the vid pretty well.

I'm out as I never intended my helping another poster to become this discussion but my comments are spot on. Some people need to make the ownership of 'things' less personal. I've owned both brands in smaller budget sets for a 2nd bedroom. Still use a Kuro for myself as I watch tech progress so no dog in this fight.
There shouldn't even be a fight js, but there is a constant attack on a few owners in this group that like their TVs. There are some disgruntled owners that have problems with the H9G and it would seem they think they need to attack anyone that doesn't agree with them. There are also a couple of former owners that come in and like to egg them on, the instigators of the whole mess. Up to this point, I am happy with my TV, for those that aren't I feel bad for you but it's not my fault.

·
Registered
860 Posts
There shouldn't even be a fight js, but there is a constant attack on a few owners in this group that like their TVs. There are some disgruntled owners that have problems with the H9G and it would seem they think they need to attack anyone that doesn't agree with them. There are also a couple of former owners that come in and like to egg them on, the instigators of the whole mess. Up to this point, I am happy with my TV, for those that aren't I feel bad for you but it's not my fault.
I'm sure most are as it's apparently a nice set. Happens in all threads but acting in kind or pushing back harder against reputable sources never helps. Like I said, I'm out and hope your thread finds some middle ground where problems are neither dismissed nor over emphasized and known sources don't need to ridiculed..

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the red ghosting issue, but I am keeping the set. It looked worse in video recording than in person. I had to really pay attention to when it was playing and know exactly when it was going to occur. If I did not know what to look for, I would not have noticed it.

I have since stopped trying to find other shows with the problem. I am hoping my set is just one that has the problem, but not so bad.
I think i may be in the same boat , i just went in to Visions to return my Q9G but for now anyway i plan on keeping it , for me i really like soap opera effect and motion smoothing and i find this TV has more blur with those settings enabled ad i have been using the CLEAR setting and find it much better handling blur. Red blur is still there sometimes but i honestly font wanna pay another 4-500 bucks for a comparable competitor , still 3 weeks of return window though so we will see

·
Registered
365 Posts
I think i may be in the same boat , i just went in to Visions to return my Q9G but for now anyway i plan on keeping it , for me i really like soap opera effect and motion smoothing and i find this TV has more blur with those settings enabled ad i have been using the CLEAR setting and find it much better handling blur. Red blur is still there sometimes but i honestly font wanna pay another 4-500 bucks for a comparable competitor , still 3 weeks of return window though so we will see
Maybe it's just my computer monitor but when I look at that FOMO blur video I see a reddish tint right under the hairline on 3 of the 4 TVs. Samsung is the only one completely clean, the H9G shows the most, but I also see it on the Sony and TCL.

3181 - 3200 of 3569 Posts