AVS Forum banner

3221 - 3240 of 3586 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,221
I did not ask about the identity of the models, I think that they will never directly confirm that the models are identical, because this is contrary to the policy of positioning Heisens in different markets. The only thing they confirmed was that there was a problem with the "red ghost" on the models for Europe and the USA. Thanks to your photos, I did a little Google investigation and found out that:
T-Con Board 65T55 C0K CTRL is sold as a replacement for models such as H9F (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hisense-T-Con-Board-65T55-C0K-CTRL-for-TV-55H9F-65H9F- / 383328320149),
and also for the European model Q8600 (T-Con Board 65T55 C0K CTRL for TV Hisense 55Q8600UWG: продажа, цена в Киеве. запчасти для телевизоров и мониторов от "МАКСик Сервис" - 1261246310). Interestingly, the 2019 and 2020 models for different markets use the same T-Con boards. :)
That's tough. Without a clear confirmation (either from Hisense or other verifiable way) it is hard to draw any parallels from what your seeing on your set to the H9G/Q9G. I'm not discouraging your posts (or data) but this is the H9G/Q9G owners thread.

At some point I recall someone saying that the ghosting was on the H9F but I never tried to confirm this or if it was a different/similar issue (I've spent enough time posting on the H9G thread). It would make sense that Hisense uses the same TCON board for multiple models and that could mean that the issue could propagate to multiple models, BUT that is pure speculation. What we need is clarity from Hisense or pictures of boards and serial numbers to confirm. I wish Hisense would share more information on the fix and how to identify the "right" boards from older ones. Till then they will be fueling the speculation machine on boards like ours.

Sorry for the long response. Appreciate your contribution. Hope you can figure out some way to confirm if your model is the same as the H9G.

·
Registered
101 Posts
No problem. I know it is hard to keep up with all the posts. What makes this thread great so far is we have a lot of passionate and interested posters. I will be bowing out as soon as I can get my issues resolved, but would have much preferred a fix. For the long time posters here and Ashley know that I have been very patient and always tried to help reproduce the red ghosting issue. I'm burnt out and disappointed.

I just read and responded to Ashley's post and I am not reading her post the way you or other posters are. She is trying to reproduce the issue on her end and she is asking for help because I believe she either doesn't have the right equipment or her eyes are not yet sensitive to the effect.

Sorry to repeat myself again, but you need to clear on your rights (and responsibilities) as an owner. You have the right in the US to return your TV to the retailer based on their return policy. You have a right to 1 year warranty in the US, which includes the need to call in a ticket, document the issue to the MFG's content and under go a certain number of repair attempts before they will be forced to replace or refund your purchase (read your warranty and state consumer protection laws). The is no obligation or right that say posting on a public forum will help or that the manufacturer has to even respond. What Ashley / Hisense does is different and why I still support Hisense's intent of becoming a serious player.

As I've said many times. Documentation is key and keeping an eye on return deadlines is key. Hope you had read my posts from today which explains why I disagree with your conclusion.
By the way, I have no problem with Ashley either, probably another worker bee like the rest of us doing her job the best she can

·
Registered
86 Posts
I honestly think that Crown scene is messed up in general , as i previously mentioned my old samsung 1080p tv has issues with the scene , that said my main problem with the motion seemed to be somewhat helped by playing with motion smoothing , i still have red blur but honestly not sure i wanna pay a bunch of money just to get rid of it
I have zero problems with that scene on my KS8000 or my TCL 4 series in my kids room. Both are 4K HDR.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hope you can figure out some way to confirm if your model is the same as the H9G.
I think I can do it when an engineer comes to repair my TV, I will take the same photos as you and this will clarify the identity of the TV. Now Heisens in my country is waiting for the main board of the new modification.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I think people need to either live with the red blur or return and buy another set if they are in their return window. Based on Ashley's last response, It seems clear there isn't a fix, nor is it even being worked on(reading between the lines). This is probably an issue in every single H9G to varying degrees but again, not everyone will care and if they do see something funky they will ignore it or blame it on the source. There are plenty of better options that will go on sale black Friday that would make the difference in price negligible. (for those of you who are returning) . Don't believe the hype that some sell that the H9G is the only option outside of OLED. It isn't. Its a great set for under 1k(in 65), IMO probably one of if not the best, but that would be for a set that doesn't have red blur motion issues, which does not appear to exist. Wait for the sets that are currently more expensive to come down in the next 5 weeks or so.
Plenty of other good sets out there that don't have the same issues.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think people need to either live with the red blur or return and buy another set if they are in their return window. Based on Ashley's last response, It seems clear there isn't a fix, nor is it even being worked on(reading between the lines). This is probably an issue in every single H9G to varying degrees but again, not everyone will care and if they do see something funky they will ignore it or blame it on the source. There are plenty of better options that will go on sale black Friday that would make the difference in price negligible. (for those of you who are returning) . Don't believe the hype that some sell that the H9G is the only option outside of OLED. It isn't. Its a great set for under 1k(in 65), IMO probably one of if not the best, but that would be for a set that doesn't have red blur motion issues, which does not appear to exist. Wait for the sets that are currently more expensive to come down in the next 5 weeks or so.
Plenty of other good sets out there that don't have the same issues.
The only led sets for me that compete with this one is the Samsung q80t and q90t, maybe they'll drop enough, but I doubt it. Either that or the Sony oled.

So ill probably buy the hisense, the price is low enough that I can wait for everyone else to catch up

·
Registered
255 Posts
Good to see this thread is still as toxic as ever.

Past two week mark since my panel was destroyed as part of the refund process. Still no check in the mail.

Has anyone received payment after the TV was destroyed ? If so how long did it take?

I feel like its going to be the full 4 weeks. Not sure why I would expect anything different from Hisense at this point.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good to see this thread is still as toxic as ever.

Past two week mark since my panel was destroyed as part of the refund process. Still no check in the mail.

Has anyone received payment after the TV was destroyed ? If so how long did it take?

I feel like its going to be the full 4 weeks. Not sure why I would expect anything different from Hisense at this point.
I got my check from hisense in ten days after panel destruction.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,229
Hey Folks , i tried to upload a video the last hour but cant get it to work, from Emily in Paris on Netflix , Dolby Vision S 1 E 7 23:41ish marks , just brutal ghost blur as the 2 ladies get off the elevator , could someone check it out and let me know , its really obvious

I reran this scene 100 times trying different settings , i just really want this tv to work
Will take a look in a few minutes and update this comment when I do.

Edit: pretty yikes. I watched the clip in horror 😂😂😂
View attachment 3047285 View attachment 3047287
I can see it too when they exit the elevator. This on Netflix browser on Windows 10 PC in [email protected] HDR10. I only have non-HDR Netflix subscription so assuming that means SDR. The commonality I am seeing with other scenes where my TV is showing the same behavior (Dark Knight, Batman Begins, Alita) is there is a very even background that is close to the facial tones and high contrast edges (facial features) that are moving. I'm wondering if the image processing algorithm can't destiguish the difference fast enough and keeps boosting and we see the ghost effect. Hope that makes sense. Just my 2c delayed quite a bit. :)

As I was responding to the above I started thinking what kinds of outcomes are possible / desired and how we can move the conversation forward:

Possible Outcomes:
O1: Individual person proves their set has red ghosting issue
A: There is enough material to test the issue. FOMO's video shows that a known influencer with a set provided by Hisense has the issue. Despite the sometimes contentious discussions about settings and having the "right" content to use with the H9G the majority of posters here don't doubt that there are sets that have the issue. Tips have been given how to capture screenshots and videos. People have enough information to decide if they want to keep their sets or return them. The only reason to continue to debate is an individual has the issue or not is if they are outside of the return period (continue to )3). So could we stop attacking people about this point. Folks with questions how to reproduce or check their TVs, want to post screens or videos of what they see should be fine, just avoid trying to convince them that what they are seeing isn't real. Just stick to what your seeing on your set.

O2: Help Hisense develop a fix or as close to a fix
A: Like 1 there is enough material out there to reproduce this. It would be helpful to get updates or questions from Hisense if they don't see it, or to clarify anything that is not clear. The most helpful would be to get more information on which information they agree with and which they know for sure is wrong. We can't help on this one beyond continuing to ask question and post what we see. I think we could test fixes or do experiments to help. Ball is in Hisense's court on this. @HisenseCA

O3: Individual has the red ghosting issue and wants to get a fix or refund.
A: This one is tricky since there is money involved. Till Hisense makes formal statement on this we can't assume anything. With O1 each individual should be able to document the problem. You will need to submit a ticket to your local support and go through the process of proving the issue and potentially getting useless repairs to get your panel destroyed. Once your panel is destroyed then you hope that they don't have stock to give you a replacement. If they do you will go through another round of repairs and wasting time. You could also try contacting your credit company and try for a refund due to the manufacturer selling you a lemon. Continued interest and data (please keep posting your problem sets with MFG date and location). Might help put pressure to do right for the customers. Ball is in Hisense court here to make the experience fair and at a resonable cost for all sides. Maybe have goodwill gesture where if people submit tickets before a given date and show screenshots of the issue they can jump straight to a refund. To be fair, with the exception of poor communication and difficult experience with Hisense USA support we are seeing Hisense being supportive and refunding / replacing TVs for folks experiencing this issue, so I don't think it is fair to say they are trying to hide, avoid or downplay this issue. Please consider any comments from our resident Hisense member as O2 above.

O4: Individual has the issue but doesn't care
A: Easy one too. I think the video FOMO makes a compelling argument about keeping a set despite the red ghosting issue. Main think for me here is I don't see his video as a license to say the issue doesn't exist.
O5: Individual doesn't have the issue
A: Another easy one. Congratulations! You won the H9G lottery. Live long and prosper!

O6: Individual may or may not have issue but wants to understand what is going on.
A: Very valid and as more folks buy the H9G/Q9G there will be more people visiting this thread. Let's share the information we know and help them as best we can. I've created post 4 with the information I know. Anyone who wants to add information or has a valid opposing view please PM me and we can discuss.

Any other thoughts? Hope we can focus on O2, O3 and O6 going forward. Happy Saturday folks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
My panel’s backlight seems to be suddenly malfunctioning severely. This is a photo of the tv on 12.5% gray test pattern. Severe blotched across the bottom and through the center along with 2 distinct spots in the mid to upper left area Anyone seen this before? Is there an easy fix?

Thanks

Been really liking this tv for the month I’ve owned it, until this happened

·
Registered
255 Posts
My panel’s backlight seems to be suddenly malfunctioning severely. This is a photo of the tv on 12.5% gray test pattern. Severe botched across the bottom and through the center along with 2 distinct spots in the mid to upper left area Anyone seen this before? Is there an easy fix?

Thanks

Been really liking this tv for the month I’ve owned it, until this happened View attachment 3047593

I had two backlight malfunctions. One time it was resolved by unplugging the TV for about 10 min. The second time I had to factory reset the TV to get the backlight controls to do anything.

Those two spots look very different but the bottom is what I was seeing for the most part.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had two backlight malfunctions. One time it was resolved by unplugging the TV for about 10 min. The second time I had to factory reset the TV to get the backlight controls to do anything.

Those two spots look very different but the bottom is what I was seeing for the most part.
Thank you, unplugging for 10 minutes did the trick. Weird

·
Registered
193 Posts
My panel’s backlight seems to be suddenly malfunctioning severely. This is a photo of the tv on 12.5% gray test pattern. Severe blotched across the bottom and through the center along with 2 distinct spots in the mid to upper left area Anyone seen this before? Is there an easy fix?

Thanks

Been really liking this tv for the month I’ve owned it, until this happened View attachment 3047593
Exact same thing happened to me. Backlight went crazy and lit up like a cheap flickering motel sign, along with that DSE you're showing. I unplugged it and left it unplugged for a couple minutes and when I plugged it back in everything was back to normal.

Have you previously had any issues with apps running slow/not responding by chance? In my case the couple days before this happened, all my internal apps were running terribly and I had delays when pressing the button on the remote of up to 5 seconds before the TV would respond to button presses.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Exact same thing happened to me. Backlight went crazy and lit up like a cheap flickering motel sign, along with that DSE you're showing. I unplugged it and left it unplugged for a couple minutes and when I plugged it back in everything was back to normal.

Have you previously had any issues with apps running slow/not responding by chance? In my case the couple days before this happened, all my internal apps were running terribly and I had delays when pressing the button on the remote of up to 5 seconds before the TV would respond to button presses.
Interesting, I didn't notice any issues with app responsiveness before this happened. Glad it was an easy fix this time.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Literally every single piece of dolby vision content I've tested on this tv has had the motion highlighting, I'm not sure if it's already been discussed but turning DV off for the crown scene gets rid of virtually all the artifacts. This only seems to make a difference in video content as it doesn't help when it comes to games.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Literally every single piece of dolby vision content I've tested on this tv has had the motion highlighting, I'm not sure if it's already been discussed but turning DV off for the crown scene gets rid of virtually all the artifacts. This only seems to make a difference in video content as it doesn't help when it comes to games.
Bought my panel yesterday....it's going back.

I have the motion and red ghosting here as well and like others have said, once you see it, you can't unsee it.

(Tested this same scene on my budget friendly Sony 800g and it has no problem with the motion, or colour.)

Sask, Canada

How do I turn off DV?

·
Registered
100 Posts
It seems like HDR and DV aren't the cause but rather just exacerbate the issue these sets have with motion. At this point if my 5th set has this issue I have to assume that a majority of these sets have it and something got royally screwed up somewhere up the line(at least for the Canadian batch). The fact that all 4 of my H9Gs have had dead pixels has to be more than bad luck and more so a QA issue. Ashley you are absolutely outstanding but I almost wish you were working for another tv company that didn't have so many problems. I wish I could just move to another brand but at the end of the day this TV just does everything it does right just too darn well.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Bought my panel yesterday....it's going back.

I have the motion and red ghosting here as well and like others have said, once you see it, you can't unsee it.

Sask, Canada

How do I turn off DV?
I've only been able to do it on my xbox one x by going to video settings and disabling it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am going to call costco tomorrow and ask them if I can go through literally every single one of they're tvs one by one to see if they have the red motion issue or not. If they agree and tell me it wouldn't result in my membership being flagged or outright banned, I may be the reason costco canada stops carrying this brand if they sent out this many defective tvs. This isn't a threat but I'm curious if they're right about this only affecting some tvs.

3221 - 3240 of 3586 Posts