AVS Forum banner

3521 - 3528 of 3528 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hey guys. Long time no talk! Well my Panny (TC- P42ST30) has the dreaded blinking lights (14) which is the power board. Since Panny no longer is in the TV business, that particular part is difficult to locate here in Vegas...at least it lasted 9 yrs.

Anyway, I am in the market for a new TV and have focused on this or the TCL 55R635. Read through this thread and am concerned about all the issues this panel is exhibiting (HDR, audio output, etc.). I know there is a new firmware being released soon and hope it resolves some of the problems; especially the red push/blur.

Will wait till Black Friday or Cyber Monday to purchase as they are just a little over a month away. I will be following this thread for updates on this model.

Robert
My Panny TC- P55ST30 started acting up which is why I went to the H9F, then the H9G. It started getting a flicker on one side which I actually fixed, but then I really started noticing how dim it was getting. I always swore I would never own a LCD type set and....now I do. The Audio output on the H9G is fine after the 703 update. As far as the ghosting goes...good luck. The only real downfall of the H9G is viewing angle. You hope no one is going to look at it sideways.
Anyone need some barely used 3D glasses.?

·
Registered
81 Posts
My Panny TC- P55ST30 started acting up which is why I went to the H9F, then the H9G. I always swore I would never own a LCD type set and....now I do. The Audio output on the H9G is fine after the 703 update. As far as the ghosting goes...good luck. The only real downfall of the H9G is viewing angle. You hope no one is going to look at it sideways.
Anyone need some barely used 3D glasses.?
Did you consider oled

·
Registered
118 Posts
HisenseCA, hope your company resolves these issues by either a firmware update or replacing the hardware(s) that is causing all these problems and release new batches. Hopefully, by the end of November. Not 'good for business' for Hisense to have so much problems with their panels!

Robert
And yet they are apparently selling all of them as fast as they can make them, at least per the reports from those seeking a replacement here that no replacements are available because there are none in stock anywhere . . . and didn't someone post that there has just recently been a price increase? Seems that very few customers are fleeing in horror from the Dread Red Ghost

·
Registered
418 Posts
And yet they are apparently selling all of them as fast as they can make them, at least per the reports from those seeking a replacement here that no replacements are available because there are none in stock anywhere . . . and didn't someone post that there has just recently been a price increase? Seems that very few customers are fleeing in horror from the Dread Red Ghost
That seems to be the case which is why both you and I have stated that the defect rate appears to be very low. I'm glad I got mine for for as hundred less than they are asking now.

This text has been removed at the request of no one.

·
Registered
363 Posts
That seems to be the case which is why both you and I have stated that the defect rate appears to be very low.

One thing that concerns me regarding the fix is that from Ashley's last couple of posts Im not getting the vision of their R&D department that I originally had.
She states that they have a 4K bluray and maybe streaming and so on. I envisioned a fully equipped lab with signal generators and such. Now I'm thinking that instead it's a small office space with a couch, a tv, a gaming console, a bluray player and maybe some chips and dip. Just don't have a good feeling that there is an all out investigation going on.
I think she was just talking about her Canadian office. The R&D lab is in Georgia in the USA, I'm fairly sure they have the full tech needed.

3521 - 3528 of 3528 Posts