AVS Forum banner

661 - 680 of 985 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just purchased a CX 55" as my monitor. i have it mounted to the wall and sit about 80 cm back. so its basically the same pixel size as 2 x 27" monitors

WINDOWS 10
fonts are super sharp in win10
coding is awesome
colour is fantastic
absolutely hanging for a 3080 Ti, HDMI 2.1, 4k 120hz
1440p @ 120hz is so silkly smooth. just a bit blurry

GAMES AND HDR
HDR + OLED + LG = what a combo
i would have to say that Division 2 has the best implementation of HDR. the colour simply pops out. its ridiculous. so many times while coop'ing with dad, i would stop and just look around
RDR2 is not bad, i cranked the white levels to 3700 to really get the colour going. still not as good as D2
HDR videos in YouTube look amazing. i especially like the Jazz one. the colour just feels like its punching you https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=mkggXE5e2yk

REFRESH RATE
I am able to set my refresh rate to 68hz, weird? 32bit, 8 bpc, RGB, Full progressive at 68hz
even games respond to that if i muck about in settings sometimes. is that normal?
ive got an overclocked 2080 ti to push 4k as much as possible and the afterburner FPS counter sits on 68 fps if i use that resolution.

ISSUE
so far the only issue i have is that in Win10, the top and bottom of the screen is sometimes obscured. about 2-3 pixels is missing. then i look again in 10mins and its back to normal, then it shifts later.
does anyone else have this issue? its annoying on the taskbar as i cant always see which apps are open as the bottom 2 pixels may not visible. the fonts on the page also look razor sharp, i would have thought something that changes it from 1:1 pixel mapping would stick out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Vincent posted game picture mode settings under Console input. Irrelevant for PC gamer's. Game mode for console input and pc input have totally different options available. Not running 4:4:4 when it's available is silly and also useless on the desktop/text.

And no, once again; picture modes outside of game mode increase input lag. You shouldn't have to increase input lag to get non-terrible colors. LG needs to get their head out of their asses and stop messing up PC input, Game picture mode.
how do you enable PC Mode?

i can only see Game mode and all the other Picture modes

·
Registered
9 Posts
ISSUE
so far the only issue i have is that in Win10, the top and bottom of the screen is sometimes obscured. about 2-3 pixels is missing. then i look again in 10mins and its back to normal, then it shifts later.
does anyone else have this issue? its annoying on the taskbar as i cant always see which apps are open as the bottom 2 pixels may not visible. the fonts on the page also look razor sharp, i would have thought something that changes it from 1:1 pixel mapping would stick out.
It's a screen shift function in LG OLED which is totally normal. They made it for preventing OLED burn-in.
You can turn it off in the settings menu if you want.

·
Registered
485 Posts

You have to go to the Home Dashboard and rename it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts

I had the same question. Took me about an hour to figure it out. Its my first LG tv.

Press home on remote, click on home dashboard, then on top right corner there is a settings icon in the middle. Click that and select edit, choose which port the pc is connected to, and from the list select PC

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
293 Posts
I can tell ya that games that aren’t created around HGIG will appear dimmer, but if HGIG is built within the game, you will see a much more vibrant picture with correct pq. There’s not many games that currently support it at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This explains why RDR2 looks very dim in daytime sunny scenes. Turning on DTM makes it look like it should be.

I think I will just leave it DTM on and switch to HGIG when I know a game supports it.

Should we still use HDR in game calibration where available if we have DTM or HGIG on?

·
Registered
611 Posts
This explains why RDR2 looks very dim in daytime sunny scenes. Turning on DTM makes it look like it should be.

I think I will just leave it DTM on and switch to HGIG when I know a game supports it.

Should we still use HDR in game calibration where available if we have DTM or HGIG on?
As a rule of thumb, i always re-run the in game and ps4 hdr calibration whenever switching HGIG/OFF/DTM

Reactions: gunner842

·
Registered
2,583 Posts

The only setting that allows for the "almost invisible" portion on the ps4 pro hdr calibration menu is the "off" setting. HGIG and DTM both will not let u set it to "almost invisible". Me personally ive been using HGIG or the off setting. DTM raises blacks to much for me or blows out detail

·
Registered
611 Posts
The only setting that allows for the "almost invisible" portion on the ps4 pro hdr calibration menu is the "off" setting. HGIG and DTM both will not let u set it to "almost invisible". Me personally ive been using HGIG or the off setting. DTM raises blacks to much for me or blows out detail
Yeah, ive been back and forth between hgig and DTM. I think I will stick with hgig...immediately toggling back and forth between them shows a loss of detail in alot of areas, though it is substantially brighter in DTM.

Reactions: gunner842

·
Registered
485 Posts
For the love of god get that PC off the desk and center the TV. Either put it on the floor or get a side table for it.

This PC case dominating desks trend needs to die.

I’ll end up getting a small stand to put it underneath.

·
Registered
9,395 Posts
I’ll end up getting a small stand to put it underneath.

Man put it how you want F anyone getting triggered how you set your own home up.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hello LG CX owners:

I’m currently torn between LG CX and Sony A8H and I’m almost ready to pull the trigger on a LG CX(long time Sony fan upgrading from FALD X940c). I’m a big sports fan. I love watching soccer and NBA. How is the quality of LG CX/C9 in soccer games and motion handling? I saw a couple LG CX soccer videos on YouTube and the grass and players look a bit over saturated. I’m not sure if that is the case with yours as well?

Thank You

·
Registered
718 Posts
Who r u? To tell this man how to setup his stuff in his home? U tripping
Well too be fair he has a nice desk, and to have the 48CX all off-center like that just to fit a tower on the desk is really silly. All critiquing isn't bad... everyone gets so triggered these days. But he already said he is fixing it with a side-table.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hello LG CX owners:

I’m currently torn between LG CX and Sony A8H and I’m almost ready to pull the trigger on a LG CX(long time Sony fan upgrading from FALD X940c). I’m a big sports fan. I love watching soccer and NBA. How is the quality of LG CX/C9 in soccer games and motion handling? I saw a couple LG CX soccer videos on YouTube and the grass and players look a bit over saturated. I’m not sure if that is the case with yours as well?
Hard to tell - looks OK to me on the CX.

But most reviews I saw on YouTube say the Sony has better motion handling for cinema and sports, But if gaming is even a consideration, the there is simply no comparison - the CX is the way to go. (This is a gaming thread...)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had one issue with eARC and Xbox One that I think I solved. Figured I'd post here if anyone had similar issues.

My setup is Xbox One X -> LG CX 65 -> LG SN11RG.

With Atmos enabled on the Xbox One X, games were randomly losing sound. Sometimes it was just the game, other times both the game and Xbox menu sounds. I thought it was an issue with the CX passing the Atmos until I turned off channel upmixing in the Dolby Access app on Xbox. Upmixing made non-atmos content sound weird anyways.

·
Registered
79 Posts
finally have my tv but afraid to do serious pc gaming on it due to burn in. anyone else? I have the 5 year warranty but its upsetting that something so expensive won't last as long as cheaper tvs. I don't wanna have to turn off huds. kinda made an impulse decision but now having second guesses due to my anxiety about returning it. what about things like twitch any youtube?

661 - 680 of 985 Posts