AVS Forum banner

681 - 700 of 1795 Posts

·
Registered
9,416 Posts
finally have my tv but afraid to do serious pc gaming on it due to burn in. anyone else? I have the 5 year warranty but its upsetting that something so expensive won't last as long as cheaper tvs. I don't wanna have to turn off huds. kinda made an impulse decision but now having second guesses due to my anxiety about returning it. what about things like twitch any youtube?

You got a 5 year warranty nothing to worry about it’s covered. Yeah don’t play it 24hrs a day but don’t go without enjoying everything it offers. I know I am with my PC and Game Consoles and many others here are with no issues.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You got a 5 year warranty nothing to worry about it’s covered. Yeah don’t play it 24hrs a day but don’t go without enjoying everything it offers. I know I am with my PC and Game Consoles and many others here are with no issues.
just feels like it only has one life after this one but if I end up keeping it hopefully the anxiety about it will die down lol I really wanted something "futureproof"

·
Registered
9,416 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yeah, ive been back and forth between hgig and DTM. I think I will stick with hgig...immediately toggling back and forth between them shows a loss of detail in alot of areas, though it is substantially brighter in DTM.
Did some back and forth between the settings today in a few games, and I think I prefer HGIG, might just keep it set to that for everything.

DTM on blows out some specular highlights. Off and HGIG look similar in overall brightness but HGIG shows a little more detail in some areas and specular highlights like the sun for example are a lot brighter, this was testing on non HGIG supported games as well.

So based on what I have seen I will just leave it on HGIG.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I had one issue with eARC and Xbox One that I think I solved. Figured I'd post here if anyone had similar issues.

My setup is Xbox One X -> LG CX 65 -> LG SN11RG.

With Atmos enabled on the Xbox One X, games were randomly losing sound. Sometimes it was just the game, other times both the game and Xbox menu sounds. I thought it was an issue with the CX passing the Atmos until I turned off channel upmixing in the Dolby Access app on Xbox. Upmixing made non-atmos content sound weird anyways.
I am using XBox One X -> LG CX 77 -> Sony 1070 AVR

I have been having random cutouts of audio over ARC (my AVR is too old to have eARC), usually cutting out for a second and coming back. However, I experience this using the CX’s built-in Prime, Netflix or YouTube apps. So for me it is not XBox-related.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Did some back and forth between the settings today in a few games, and I think I prefer HGIG, might just keep it set to that for everything.

DTM on blows out some specular highlights. Off and HGIG look similar in overall brightness but HGIG shows a little more detail in some areas and specular highlights like the sun for example are a lot brighter, this was testing on non HGIG supported games as well.

So based on what I have seen I will just leave it on HGIG.
How can you tell whether a game supports HGIG or not???

I can not find a list anywhere....

For me, playing The Witcher 3 on XBox One X and a CX 77, I can’t decide which is better between DTM On and HGIG mode. The Witcher 3 has no in-game HDR controls at all. I did go through the XBox One X TV “calibration”, but I didn’t really need to change any setting (LG defaults to the right settings), and the XBone cal doesn’t seem to engage HDR mode anyway.

For me, HGIG and DTM off seem to be too dark, where as while DTM On makes everything more visible for me, the white fonts seem too bright...

I did change the White Point to Warm1, based more on advice than me thinking it looks better...

·
Registered
332 Posts
How can you tell whether a game supports HGIG or not???

I can not find a list anywhere....

For me, playing The Witcher 3 on XBox One X and a CX 77, I can’t decide which is better between DTM On and HGIG mode. The Witcher 3 has no in-game HDR controls at all. I did go through the XBox One X TV “calibration”, but I didn’t really need to change any setting (LG defaults to the right settings), and the XBone cal doesn’t seem to engage HDR mode anyway.

For me, HGIG and DTM off seem to be too dark, where as while DTM On makes everything more visible for me, the white fonts seem too bright...

I did change the White Point to Warm1, based more on advice than me thinking it looks better...
Unsure on list of supported HGIG games, just from what I have read I believe only games currently are cod modern warfare and I think no mans sky.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ive been experiencing some frame rate drops on my 48" CX. Im in game mode, Gsync is active with Vsync on in NCP. I leave it off in the game options. I also have VRR enabled in windows settings. I have a 2070 Super. Resolution is [email protected] Color format is 4:2:2 12 bit.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone else have the PSVR breakout box (V2) attached to the LG CX? I think it's a CEC issues, but mine often won't turn off.

·
Registered
9,416 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,353 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Is color at default 55 accurate on the lg when gaming? I noticed Vincent teoh kept it at 55 when demonstrating the lg cx 48 inch or is 50 the correct setting

·
Registered
258 Posts
Actually, the first run of this Club3D DP 1.4 to HDMI 2.1 4K 120Hz adapter hasn't started. But as mentioned by their message, will start some time this week. As seen by their message dated last Sunday.

They are just preparing the page but haven't start selling it yet.

·
Registered
9,416 Posts
did you mean to post a pic? I don't think it went through lol
I see how I worded it that a picture might be expected but no. But here you go 😁

Attachments

Reactions: tybittz k

·
Registered
729 Posts
Latest cx update adds freesync premium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

681 - 700 of 1795 Posts