AVS Forum banner

701 - 720 of 996 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Somebody PLEASE help? I'm concerned I have an issue with my brand new LG CX and I can only return it within 30 days if that's the case.

I've been playing Resident Evil 2, 3 and 7 on my new PC that's been hooked up to my previous LG C8 for the past month. I was playing it in 4k (3840 res) under 60hz with ZERO complaints for this time.

Now that I have a CX, these games are unselectable at 4k/60hz, showing mishapen screen resolution and discoloring. I cannot take it off of 120hz refresh rate in-game. The titles only work at 1440p now. What am I doing wrong? PLEASE help due to this being a timely matter. Other games don't seem to have the same issues, but 3840 resolutions do look strange compared to my flawless experience with the C8.

Drivers and TV are updated and I'm using a 2080 Super.

Thank you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Somebody PLEASE help? I'm concerned I have an issue with my brand new LG CX and I can only return it within 30 days if that's the case.

I've been playing Resident Evil 2, 3 and 7 on my new PC that's been hooked up to my previous LG C8 for the past month. I was playing it in 4k (3840 res) under 60hz with ZERO complaints for this time.

Now that I have a CX, these games are unselectable at 4k/60hz, showing mishapen screen resolution and discoloring. I cannot take it off of 120hz refresh rate in-game. The titles only work at 1440p now. What am I doing wrong? PLEASE help due to this being a timely matter. Other games don't seem to have the same issues, but 3840 resolutions do look strange compared to my flawless experience with the C8.

Drivers and TV are updated and I'm using a 2080 Super.

Thank you!

Do you have the same settings selected in the Nvidia Control Panel?

You should be able to do RGB / 4k / 60hz / HDR.

If you still having issues, try a different cable. I bought a new HDMI 2.1 cable and not all resolutions showed up. I also had problems with switching inputs. Changing back to an older cable fixed it.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
is there a way to activate the screensaver when using game consoles? I read it's bad to turn it off with the console on?
Go to energy saving and click screen off and it'll stay that way until you change it and your game will still be on pause also. Handy feature for me i use it all the time

·
Registered
82 Posts
also whats the real deal with the issue of static images? is it that static images in general cause burn in or the SAME static image constantly being on screen and nothing else? I don't wanna have to disable my game huds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
also whats the real deal with the issue of static images? is it that static images in general cause burn in or the SAME static image constantly being on screen and nothing else? I don't wanna have to disable my game huds.

Burn-in is possible with OLEDs but LG is pretty good about replacing panels, even out of warranty. I have a C6 with no burn-in and the CX has much better burn-in protection than my old C6.

I plan to use this thing as a monitor and I'm not going to worry about burning the panel. I did buy the Geek Squad warranty from Best Buy just in case though.

The TV will also lower the intensity of the HUDs in games automatically, so that shouldn't be a concern. I've also found that it's nice for when I'm working because it lowers the intensity of the white background in Excel spreadsheets.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Burn-in is possible with OLEDs but LG is pretty good about replacing panels, even out of warranty. I have a C6 with no burn-in and the CX has much better burn-in protection than my old C6.

I plan to use this thing as a monitor and I'm not going to worry about burning the panel. I did buy the Geek Squad warranty from Best Buy just in case though.

The TV will also lower the intensity of the HUDs in games automatically, so that shouldn't be a concern. I've also found that it's nice for when I'm working because it lowers the intensity of the white background in Excel spreadsheets.
I hope. I'm so torn on what to think right now. I have the geek squad warranty too. will they still cover burn in even though the tiny rubber feet on the bottom of the stand are missing? idk if that's considered actual damage lol part of me wants to put this back in the box and return in and the other part of me is saying screw it this isn't my last tv. just the fact that it will burn in eventually and I'm going to have to go through the hassle of reboxing it is stressful.

·
Registered
82 Posts
if they made a qled or led at this size with these features it would be perfect. I don't mind sacrificing picture quality slightly for peace of mind.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I can't do 4:4:4 in NCP at all. I am running cable straight to PC from CX on port 3. What I don't understand as well is that I am getting resolution of 1440p on PC tab, not on the ultra hd tab.This is the cable I am using.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L9T7N1W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_9rP.Eb19Y3PH4

Also, if you have a Nvidia card, which is recommended for gaming on the CX, 2560/1440 4:2:2 12 [email protected], 4K 4:4:4 10 [email protected], 4K RGB 8 bit @60 or 120 @.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
View attachment 2752152

·
Registered
82 Posts

are you sure it lowers the intensity of the huds? this is my first time hearing this lol but that's good if it does

·
Registered
263 Posts
Actually, the first run of this Club3D DP 1.4 to HDMI 2.1 4K 120Hz adapter hasn't started. But as mentioned by their message, will start some time this week. As seen by their message dated last Sunday.

They are just preparing the page but haven't start selling it yet.

lol why did you remove the link? snagging one for yourself first ? :p

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Has anyone else got this issue, seeing threads like the below date back to 2019, I guess its not fixed yet, as I have only just realised it seems ALLM doesn't work as it should if VRR is engaged as well on the Xbox X

I have issue like below where my xbox activates instant game response as soon as I switch on the xbox, so on dash ALLM is activated.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/why-does-the-xbox-one-x-force-all-content/d53cf12b-c6ba-476e-bdcd-9ffaabcfd6e5

Do others on here get the same issue, I have been told ALLM should only activate when a game is launched.

·
Registered
72 Posts
if they made a qled or led at this size with these features it would be perfect. I don't mind sacrificing picture quality slightly for peace of mind.
I just hooked my CX 48 up. No regrets. Once you set it up properly, the input lag is indistinguishable from a gaming monitor but looks infinitely better.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just hooked my CX 48 up. No regrets. Once you set it up properly, the input lag is indistinguishable from a gaming monitor but looks infinitely better.
I sent my CX 48" back after a few days of owning it. The glare and reflections coming from the super glossy screen ruined immersion for me while gaming. This was a huge deal breaker. Even with blackout curtains shut, the screen still managed to reflect me and the furniture in my room like mirror.

Anti-glare screen + Mini LED panels are gonna be the way forward i think.

LG still can't seem to fix their eARC problems either on the CX. Sometimes audio cut out, sometimes it sounded like a cybernetic dolphin singing underwater. Sometimes the audio it worked fine. But it was too intermittent for my liking.

Was using Belkin HDMI 2.1 48Gbps cables on each device FYI. Had eARC audio errors with Nintendo Switch, Denon X1600H, PC (RTX 2080Ti) and even the TV's built-in Amazon Prime and Netflix apps had lip-sync audio delay to the Denon AVR via eARC.

This was on firmware 3.00.70

701 - 720 of 996 Posts