AVS Forum banner

721 - 740 of 970 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Vincent posted game picture mode settings under Console input. Irrelevant for PC gamer's. Game mode for console input and pc input have totally different options available. Not running 4:4:4 when it's available is silly and also useless on the desktop/text.

And no, once again; picture modes outside of game mode increase input lag. You shouldn't have to increase input lag to get non-terrible colors. LG needs to get their head out of their asses and stop messing up PC input, Game picture mode.

Honestly I wouldn't mind the dithering if they freed up the extra 120Hz it takes to apply it... We would end up with a 240hz refresh rate :cool:

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Has anyone tested out FreeSync after the new update? Does HDR work?

Can we call It FreeSync Premium Pro?
Can you specify what "new update" means? what version are you referring to?
I heard Freesync Pro refers to monitors. The CX Is basically the Pro version anyway.

·
Registered
16 Posts
For those who owns the CX 48 could you check the back to see what is the voltage & frequency rating, does it say AC 100-240V ~ 50/60 Hz? Would appreciate it thank you.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I decided I am keeping the tv. I figured there's really nothing else on the market right now that fits my idea of what I want from a tv. I'm deff a bit concerned with burn in still, but that's mainly when I'm tinkering around with settings for the pc. will probably take the precautions. I have a spare 1080p tv that I will probably keep as backup

·
Registered
59 Posts
Few questions related to using 48 CX as nVidia/Windows PC gaming screen:
-Have you noticed a few rows of pixels will be randomly excluded either on the bottom or on the right side?
-How do you disable the automatic brightness adjustments?
-How can you make the screen turn on automatically when PC boots from sleep?
-How can you avoid that LG media menu from popping up everytime the screen turns on from standby?
-How can you adjust the screensaver so the screen will turn off faster when input signal is lost?
-Do you notice a slight posterior angulation of the screen from bottom to top?

·
Registered
142 Posts
-Have you noticed a few rows of pixels will be randomly excluded either on the bottom or on the right side?
-How can you avoid that LG media menu from popping up everytime the screen turns on from standby?
-How can you adjust the screensaver so the screen will turn off faster when input signal is lost?

1. That's the pixel shift. You can turn it off but I suggest not doing so.
2. You can't. Use a brightness under 30-40 to basically never have it occur. 120 nits is under 20 brightness FYI.
3. You can't. It's a TV, not a monitor. Sony's android TV OS has functionality for this but LG/Samsung/Vizio/Hisense/TCL doesn't.
4. It's some where in the settings for autostart/quickstart.
5. You can't.
6. No.

·
Registered
594 Posts
For those with a ps4...regardless of if you are using dynamic tone mapping on/off/hgig is the proper way to do the ps4 hdr calibration with DTM off, or in the mode you are using on/off/hgig?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
2. You can't. Use a brightness under 30-40 to basically never have it occur. 120 nits is under 20 brightness FYI.
3. You can't. It's a TV, not a monitor. Sony's android TV OS has functionality for this but LG/Samsung/Vizio/Hisense/TCL doesn't.
5. You can't.
6. No.
3. you can (and put it to standby as well) with a bit of scripting using aiopylgtv project on github.

·
Registered
144 Posts
5. You can't.
6. No.
To add to this...

1. Picture > OLED Screen Saver > Screen Shift. I think there's a PC mode glitch that is stopping this from being permanently disabled though?
  2. On the 48 CX at least, my i1Display Pro reads 100 nits at "OLED Light" 27. As FantasticGrand stated, so long as your OLED Light setting falls below the full field ABL threshold, visible brightness shifts won't occur.
  3. Don't know of a way currently. Too bad PC doesn't have SIMPLINK/CEC settings, because external devices such as Apple TV (etc) can do this.
  4. General > Home Settings > Home Auto Launch.
  5. Yeah, no option for that currently.
  6. Do you have it on the stand? If so, mine tilts backward a few degrees as well. This is normal for LG stands; they've been doing it for a while now. Not certain of the reasoning though. I have three square rubber furniture spacers distributed evenly across the back of mine to straighten the tilt out.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #733
Could someone test the amd freesync premium feature in the latest update to see if the near black gamma shift issue is still there? I guess it's not because amd freesync premium is now a separate option from instant game reaponse and instant game response is the sole culprit of that issue.

Reactions: Tygeezy

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have my 48" CX connected directly to my 2070 Super. But when I go into NCP, there is no option for 2560/1440 ultra hd. Its only an option in the PC category. Is this due to a limitation on my cable or is this normal? Also, I'm only able to get 4:4:4 @8 bit. I thought you can do @10 bit.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
484 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Is it recommended to use PC mode when gaming on a PC or is game mode all that you need?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
What will this allow us to do again ?

Edit: ok did a little reading and it seems that GSYNC will not work using this adapter can anyone confirm or deny ?
Yes. No VRR available with that adapter.

Seems like this is the first iteration and they're planning to release a updated model that does support VRR in the future. By then though HDMI 2.1 capable GPU's will be available.

Right now these TV's can only do 4K/120hz/4:2:0 + VRR but no HDR (not enough bandwidth).

For many, sacrificing VRR may be worth 4K/120hz/4:4:4 + HDR support.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have my 48" CX connected directly to my 2070 Super. But when I go into NCP, there is no option for 2560/1440 ultra hd. Its only an option in the PC category. Is this due to a limitation on my cable or is this normal? Also, I'm only able to get 4:4:4 @8 bit. I thought you can do @10 bit.
You can do only HDR 1440p 120 Hz 8-bit with dithering RGB on HDMI 2.0. This is enough as there's no real improvement with 10-bit.

·
Registered
79 Posts
looking for more feedback on what keyboard and mouse gaming is like on the tv for shooters? I'm sitting like 10 feet away from the tv, which still feels kinda big for me. I have the 48 inch model. figured I would buy a wireless keyboard and mouse

·
Registered
59 Posts
The LG Settings/Home dashboard is kind of confusing and has broken English in it. Seems unprofessional for a top tier television brand.

721 - 740 of 970 Posts