AVS Forum banner

9281 - 9300 of 9774 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
People with equipment, could you guys check if there is any change to colors after the latest update? Someone on twitter report whites become more yellow.
Some have also reported DV is darker in content, but a picture reset sorts it, anyone else found this?

·
Registered
32 Posts
People with equipment, could you guys check if there is any change to colors after the latest update? Someone on twitter report whites become more yellow.
I am sure I read somewhere on here that someone measured and also said the colours were more accurate with lower Errors?! It may have been on the CX owners thread.

·
Registered
LG CX 65” OLED | Samsung HW-N950 | Sony X800M2 | Xbox Series X | PS5 | Sony XBR-65x930e
485 Posts
So then what is the point of freesync if it offers nothing different to the VRR on the console is it something just for PC?
Not sure the is a difference for folks with this TV and the XSX since XSX supports both, Just additional options. Probably more relevant for PC users who have PCs that inly support one or the other.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,285
I am sure I read somewhere on here that someone measured and also said the colours were more accurate with lower Errors?! It may have been on the CX owners thread.
Yeah someone said it here. I just want to read reports from more people to get a consensus.

·
Registered
143 Posts
-A proper cable (48Gbps)
-VRR off (win10 setting- Display)
-Free sync Off'
-GSync On in Nvidia control panel
-Port renamed PC
-Deep Color and Instant Game response On in LG settings
-Newest drivers and LG update
That should be it- double check it is working in game by spamming green button on remote like 6 or 8 times and the pop up will show if you are in VRR or Fixed

VRR means- Variable Refresh Rate

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Just to clarify a couple of things as a few parts confused me a bit.

I have a proper HDMI 2.1 cable here is the link just to confirm

You then say VRR off which I assume I can only do on my TV right? You mentioned after saying VRR off Win 10 setting-display. I have never seen a VRR option in Windows so please confirm where that would be and if indeed in Windows I should turn it off.

Free Sync Off - I assume you are referring to the AMD Freesync option on the TV for my HDMI Input should be turned off?

Gsync is on for Fullscreen mode in Nvidia Control panel on my PC.

Port is set to PC for HDMI 1 "The icon name not actual name"

Deep Color and Instant Game Response are both on on my TV for HDMI 1

I have the latest drivers as of I think Sunday "Is there a new update people are getting now officially released in North America or only if you use engineer mode?"

Thank you again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Received update 03.21.16 this morning and didn't have time to check the DD+/Atmos audio delay over eArc bug fix. Can anyone else confirm this? Was watching 4k disc's yesterday and had stuttering/sync issues with audio. I've got the XSX connected to tv (Lg cx) with the supplied hdmi cable then from the tv eArc to Onkyo RZ-710 Arc using a zeskit Maya cable. I only played a little bit of Ori after the update and it outputs Atmos thru my Avr but I haven't had any audio issues other than with 4k disc play back. Any help would be appreciated and thx in advance.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Received update 03.21.16 this morning and didn't have time to check the DD+/Atmos audio delay over eArc bug fix. Can anyone else confirm this? Was watching 4k disc's yesterday and had stuttering/sync issues with audio. I've got the XSX connected to tv (Lg cx) with the supplied hdmi cable then from the tv eArc to Onkyo RZ-710 Arc using a zeskit Maya cable. I only played a little bit of Ori after the update and it outputs Atmos thru my Avr but I haven't had any audio issues other than with 4k disc play back. Any help would be appreciated and thx in advance.
Who said this fixes audio delay for Atmos? I never read that anywhere...I'll try it later with an XSX into CX and then EARC out to my EARC sound bar. It's very easy to tell by setting audio output on XSX to Atmos and trying Call of Duty, etc. where you should hear the gunshot sounds instantly when firing.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Maybe I'm just clueless or been lucky but if I ever see VRR flickering it's typically in a game menu UI and it's hardly noticeable to be bothered by it. In-game I don't think I ever see the issue, but it's possible I'm just not looking for it hard enough.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Maybe I'm just clueless or been lucky but if I ever see VRR flickering it's typically in a game menu UI and it's hardly noticeable to be bothered by it. In-game I don't think I ever see the issue, but it's possible I'm just not looking for it hard enough.
Could be that menus have more frequent wide framerate swings (common on PC games while loading), or it could just be an attention thing, e.g. I'm super sensitive to DSE during movies with panning shots, but on video games, while I'm playing, it's hard to notice because I'm focused on playing.

·
Registered
LG CX65+Sonos Arc/Sub/OneSL, LG CX 48, RTX3080, XSX, Switch, Shield TV Pro, Google TV
547 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Can finally put to bed the argument from pages past: John Linneman's TV (and almost certainly ALL CXs) experience VRR flickering, but for some reason, it's less noticeable on some sets due to panel variation.
Thank you for posting that. At least now he's admitting he sees the flicker in his panel regardless of how subtle it is. Probably going to summon the panel variance guy lol. It seems panel variance is a thing with this issue, but a flicker free unit does not seem to exist. John Linneman simply did not see it before because how subtle it is on his unit.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm still on 03.21.09. I was playing the new Lord of the Rings 4K UHD Bluray trilogy on the XSX connected directly to the 55CX with the cable that came with the console. The Dolby Atmos sound kept cutting in and out every few minutes and at time it was crackling. When this was happening the Dolby Atmos logo on the top right corner kept appearing like the TV and the XSX were constantly handshaking. I fixed it or worked around the issue by changing the option to decode audio on the console rather than on the receiver. Once I did that the issue went away and the audio is still detected as Dolby Atmos. I still reported the problem with the xbox app just in case it's something with the bluray player app.

·
Registered
266 Posts
VRR = HDMI Forum standard for HDMI 2.1 (can be implemented on HDMI 2.0b)
Adaptive Sync = VESA standard for DisplayPort (DP)
nVidia Gsync = proprietary (DP, requires a monitor with additional Gsync module)
AMD FreeSync = AMD FreeSync over HDMI (proprietary), Adaptive Sync (DP)
nVidia Gsync Compatible = VRR (HDMI), Adaptive Sync (DP)
Just to add "VRR" is used as a general term for all of the above.
The first one in your list is also known as "HDMI 2.1 VRR" (for obvious reasons) ;)

So then what is the point of freesync if it offers nothing different to the VRR on the console is it something just for PC?
Technically, TV+AMD cards should benefit from Freesync Premium and TV+NVidia cards from GSync Compatible.
We have yet to see any benefit beyond regular HDMI 2.1 VRR. Right now, both Freesync as well as GSync seem rather pointless.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just to add "VRR" is used as a general term for all of the above.
The first one in your list is also known as "HDMI 2.1 VRR" (for obvious reasons) ;)

Technically, TV+AMD cards should benefit from Freesync Premium and TV+NVidia cards from GSync Compatible.
We have yet to see any benefit beyond regular HDMI 2.1 VRR. Right now, both Freesync as well as GSync seem rather pointless.
What I don’t understand is if I chose to use freesync as my form of VRR by switching this on on the CX why do I have to also switch on the VRR on the Xbox? Because if I chose freesync and leave off VRR on the series x the freesync menu says “FIXED” so I am not getting any form of VRR whereas I would of thought I would be getting freesync premium as my form of VRR and not the regular HDMI form shouldn’t I?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. I have a CX65 and am using the Apple TV 4K. I am concerned about the raised blacks on DV and just not sure what to do. I have a Roku Ultra I am about to go purchase. Will the Roku stream correct black levels for DV?

9281 - 9300 of 9774 Posts