AVS Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 6897 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you set Windows 10 to a black background and toggle between HDR and SDR in Windows Settings, I can tell that the black background is not perfectly black in HDR when having Game Mode on identical settings (same brightness, contrast, OLED light).
Does the "HDR/SDR brightness balance" setting in Windows make a difference?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can anyone confirm if you can use ANY picture mode and get the lowest input lag on the CX? I'm hoping Instant Response ensures low input lag for all modes, and also, it doesn't force Game Mode whenever you start a game. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
It is possible to solve the problem stated in the first post (gamma shift, raised black levels in gsync\freesync\vrr mode compared to gsync off) via calibration?
I want to buy this tv but this bug annoys me so much, i want to play with gsync on and oled real blacks.

·
Registered
LG CX65+Sonos Arc/Sub/OneSL, LG CX 48, AMD 6800XT, XSX, Switch, Shield TV Pro, Google TV
451 Posts
Just an FYI, I have found that the rainbow text fringing in Chrome can be (mostly) corrected by disabling clear type.

·
Registered
287 Posts
So that's the end of the the CAC-1085, no more updates or firmware? just that's it, too bad so sad.

Shame they couldn't fix it with firmware, club3d doesn't really communicate enough.

On the latest nvidia drivers, netflix throws a HDCP error if you use the adapter.. only using 446.14 works. :(

Guess the 30x series cards will have to do.

·
Registered
84 Posts
So that's the end of the the CAC-1085, no more updates or firmware? just that's it, too bad so sad.

Shame they couldn't fix it with firmware, club3d doesn't really communicate enough.

On the latest nvidia drivers, netflix throws a HDCP error if you use the adapter.. only using 446.14 works. :(

Guess the 30x series cards will have to do.
Do you have any indication that they are not making any more updates to it? I get that the 30xx series are soon to be revealed but being able to purchase and actually get one is another question as I expect they will be hard to get on release.

I got the firmware update that was making the rounds about two weeks ago directly from Club3D. Two weeks is not that long in terms of software development so I really do hope they are working on improving it as even that update did not fix several issues that I have reported to them. To get the previous one I had to pester Club 3D a bit with a followup message as they don't seem to

Personally I would rather not buy a 30xx series card until later in the year when all the models are out and benchmarked. My 2080 Ti is fast enough as is. For me running at 4K 120 Hz 10-bit with HDR works fine most of the time and outputs 4:4:4, only need to power cycle the adapter sometimes when starting games or restarting my computer. I can live with that for now because even on the desktop 120 Hz just feels plain better but I still hope I can get rid of these problems with an update.

For me 451.85 hotfix driver works without problems when it comes to HDCP.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Do you have any indication that they are not making any more updates to it? I get that the 30xx series are soon to be revealed but being able to purchase and actually get one is another question as I expect they will be hard to get on release.
For me 451.85 hotfix driver works without problems when it comes to HDCP.
No no indication, just no communication whatsoever.

oh 451.85 works? i will have to try it again.

·
Registered
287 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
I do. Works fine and Netflix app also reported 4K.
Hmmm did you use the colorcontrol program that Vinz80 posted in this thread a few pages back to change resolutions/colors that nvcpanel doesn't show?
He has VESA and CEA resolutions in the list, could that have something to do with HEVC/hdcp playback of 4K?

But you would think reinstalling nvidia drivers would overwrite any changes colorcontrol did?

There's some reason HEVC/HDCP isn't working in 4k on my pc anymore :( i keep getting Error code: U7361-1255-C00D7159

Are you running 120hz? and what color depth?

DO you have a C9 or CX?

Sorry for posting this in the CX thread :(

I'm using 451.85 with 2080ti and cac-1085 and lgc9

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hmmm did you use the colorcontrol program that Vinz80 posted in this thread a few pages back to change resolutions/colors that nvcpanel doesn't show?
He has VESA and CEA resolutions in the list, could that have something to do with HEVC/hdcp playback of 4K?

But you would think reinstalling nvidia drivers would overwrite any changes colorcontrol did?

There's some reason HEVC/HDCP isn't working in 4k on my pc anymore :( i keep getting Error code: U7361-1255-C00D7159

Are you running 120hz? and what color depth?

DO you have a C9 or CX?

Sorry for posting this in the CX thread :(

I'm using 451.85 with 2080ti and cac-1085 and lgc9
I have the CX 48. I use VInz80 program and have my display set to 4K 120 Hz 10-bit RGB w/ HDR enabled (VESA setting in the app). TV diagnostics verify it is running at that and so do test images for chroma subsampling. CAC-1085 is connected to my 2080 Ti with the Club3D "10K" 2m cable.

Personally I'd just skip the inconveniences of the crappy Windows Netflix app and use the ones built-in on the TV. Less hassle, no need to install codecs etc.

·
Registered
103 Posts
feel like they ****ed up the game mode. everything looks great when you set it to standard; vibrant with detail, then you switch it and everything is duller by comparison. idk if this is to prevent burn in or if it's a thing on all tvs? I don't know why I've never seen this complaint.

·
Registered
LG CX65+Sonos Arc/Sub/OneSL, LG CX 48, AMD 6800XT, XSX, Switch, Shield TV Pro, Google TV
451 Posts
feel like they ****ed up the game mode. everything looks great when you set it to standard; vibrant with detail, then you switch it and everything is duller by comparison. idk if this is to prevent burn in or if it's a thing on all tvs? I don't know why I've never seen this complaint.
You can make Game Mode look almost the same as Standard mode by selecting Cool/Medium temperature setting. Standard mode defaults to Cool spectrum. Supposedly, Warm2 is the most color accurate setting but it looks really dull to me and just feels depressing when using Windows.

·
Registered
246 Posts
What are the advantages and disadvantages for using PC mode, as opposed to just game console, etc? I use the game preset within PC mode, but I've heard conflicting things about changing the hdmi to PC.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
451 Posts
What are the advantages and disadvantages for using PC mode, as opposed to just game console, etc? I use the game preset within PC mode, but I've heard conflicting things about changing the hdmi to PC.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
It is only way to enable full chroma support. I was skeptical at first but I've looked closer at some calibration images and it does make a difference.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #999
If you turn off DTM/HGiG, then the raised blacks with HDR/VRR seem to resolve.
No it doesn't. And again for the 100th time, don't call the vrr issue "raised black", because it's not raised black, it's raised near-black. Black is intact with vrr enabled, only the near-black shades of grey are wrongly brightened.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You can make Game Mode look almost the same as Standard mode by selecting Cool/Medium temperature setting. Standard mode defaults to Cool spectrum. Supposedly, Warm2 is the most color accurate setting but it looks really dull to me and just feels depressing when using Windows.
idk I have it on medium, it's not totally far off but wish they made an update to match standard

981 - 1000 of 6897 Posts