AVS Forum banner

1841 - 1860 of 3325 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I originally thought there would be a 3080Ti with the large price gap but with the performance gap of the 3090 and 3080 being like maybe 15% tops can we really expect a 3080Ti? It almost seems like to me there is a bigger chance of them releasing a 3060 value card.

I’m really new to the PC side of things so maybe I’m way off base. I want to center a build around a 3080. I was going to splurge and do a 2080Ti build earlier this year but some projects came up and then I knew new cards were coming so I waited and I’m so glad I did.

To me the 3080 seems like the sweet spot and I too would be interested in a 3080Ti and when I saw initial pricing I thought for sure there would be one. But after seeing the 3090 benchmarks I can’t imagine shoehorning such a small performance bump in between those two. I must be missing something.
The 3080 20GB version will be the sweet spot IMO.

You are not missing anything.. the 3080 has just higher specs than past equivalent generation.
With respect to memory bandwidth, the 3080 has 320-bit, which exceeds the 2080/1080 vanilla, which were 256-bit. The 2080 Ti and 3090/Titan feature respectfully 352-bit and 384-bit. In theory, a 3080 Ti performance would land between the 3080 and 3090... so I agree it would not provide significant additional performance over a 3080.

Reactions: uni_panther

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did you set to 10 bpc or 12bpc? 12 bit exceeds the bandwidth limit on the CX. I can't think anything besides that or maybe the cable can't keep up.
Thanks, I did set it to 10 bit. It's looking like a cable issue so I bought the Belkin 8K one today to try and it works all OK now. So my other cable will be going back.

Course it wont work, thats what most of this thread is about, there is a problem with the CX, wont do 4.4.4 at 4K120 HDR, LG are working on it.
Thanks, I have just bought the 8K Belkin cable and I initially did this with 4K 120 in HDR with RGB Full and 4:4:4 (I think) All worked like a dream. I then turned on GSync with the same settings just to see if my screen went black like everyone is reporting and it all worked fine for me? Is this because mine is a 3090? Who knows? but it works

Try a different cable. There is no good certification for HDMI 2.1 cables so anything that says "HDMI 2.1" should be taken with some grain of salt. Make sure HDMI Ultra Deep Color is enabled for the input you are using and that the TV input icon in Home Dashboard is set to PC.
Thanks, I tried this as seen in my comments above and it worked this time. As i need a long cable I have just bought the Ruipro 8K 6M fibre one so will see if that one works

Thanks again to everyone for getting back to me

·
Registered
336 Posts
so gtx17xx series can hold only [email protected]@8 bit g-sync right?
There is not GTX 17 series :D
G-Sync via HDMI only works on RTX cards (e.g. RTX 2060, RTX 2060 Super, RTX 3080 etc.) or GTX 16XX series (e.g. GTX 1660, GTX 1660 Super etc.)

Your card is too old. While you can use [email protected]@444, [email protected]@420 or [email protected]@444 you won't
be able to use G-Sync. Simply because your 1070 does not have support for HDMI VRR. NVIDIA only added it to the GPU series I mentioned above.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is not GTX 17 series :D
G-Sync via HDMI only works on RTX cards (e.g. RTX 2060, RTX 2060 Super, RTX 3080 etc.) or GTX 16XX series (e.g. GTX 1660, GTX 1660 Super etc.)

Your card is too old. While you can use [email protected]@444, [email protected]@420 or [email protected]@444 you won't
be able to use G-Sync. Simply because your 1070 does not have support for HDMI VRR. NVIDIA only added it to the GPU series I mentioned above.
Thanks for the answer ! gotta wait new rtx 3080

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the RTX 3080 and LG CX, I'm trying to set windows to 1440p 10bit and the TV shows no signal. If I do 4k 10bit it works fine. Anyone else has this problem?

Also, if I do 1440p 8bit it also works.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the RTX 3080 and LG CX, I'm trying to set windows to 1440p 10bit and the TV shows no signal. If I do 4k 10bit it works fine. Anyone else has this problem?

Also, if I do 1440p 8bit it also works.
Yup, getting this on my C9. Sometimes no signal, sometimes a very glitchy zoomed in view. Hopefully the firmware update fixes it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
So, I got my Gigabyte RTX 3090 Gaming OC today. Chose this one as it has twin HDMI 2.1 ports, as I'm running an LG C9 55" as well as an LG CX 77". I've got two Ruipro 48Gbps cables (one 15m, one 2m) connecting each device. Got a few issues which I can't find a fix for:

1.) VRR is busted, causing black screen on either display - was expecting this, called LG for the firmware fix, waiting on a call back.
2.) Can't run HDR on either screen when the LG CX 77" is plugged in. It worked fine on the C9 when the CX wasn't plugged in, but once they're both plugged in, no HDR option available in Windows.
3.) I can't set the CX refresh rate any higher than 60Hz - when I set it to 120Hz, the option doesn't stick, and reverts back to 60Hz.
4.) Getting overscan on both, no matter what aspect ratio setting I use.

Other than that, I'm stoked! ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
So, I got my Gigabyte RTX 3090 Gaming OC today. Chose this one as it has twin HDMI 2.1 ports, as I'm running an LG C9 55" as well as an LG CX 77". I've got two Ruipro 48Gbps cables (one 15m, one 2m) connecting each device. Got a few issues which I can't find a fix for:

1.) VRR is busted, causing black screen on either display - was expecting this, called LG for the firmware fix, waiting on a call back.
2.) Can't run HDR on either screen when the LG CX 77" is plugged in. It worked fine on the C9 when the CX wasn't plugged in, but once they're both plugged in, no HDR option available in Windows.
3.) I can't set the CX refresh rate any higher than 60Hz - when I set it to 120Hz, the option doesn't stick, and reverts back to 60Hz.

Hi did you rename the HDMI input to PC on the CX?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,853
It was announced a while ago that the 48" was coming to Australia, but it's still not available even now?

·
Registered
98 Posts
We're in the same boat, apparently hush-hush LG says 48" will not come to Russia until December at least. At which point it'll be more sensible to wait for CXI

·
Registered
12 Posts

I have the CX 65 and have just received a 6M 8K Ruipro cable today but does not work very well at all. The 2M 8K Belkin cable works a treat with everthing including G-Sync. I think because HDMI 2.1 is so new and untested we have all kinds of issues. Its going to be chaos when the new consoles come out with HDMI 2.1!

EDIT: I also had all the same issues as you with another fibre cable I got off amazon. It was causing all kinds of weird issues for me just like you described

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the CX 65 and have just received a 6M 8K Ruipro cable today but does not work very well at all. The 2M 8K Belkin cable works a treat with everthing including G-Sync. I think because HDMI 2.1 is so new and untested we have all kinds of issues. Its going to be chaos when the new consoles come out with HDMI 2.1!

EDIT: I also had all the same issues as you with another fibre cable I got off amazon. It was causing all kinds of weird issues for me just like you described
I'm pretty sure these are TV firmware issues rather than cable issues.

·
Registered
9,422 Posts

16ft 8K HDMI CL3 in-Wall Cable... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S1BNM7K?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I have had these with my 2080ti for my 55-77in C9s and haven’t ran into issues outside the limitations until I upgrade to a hopefully soon announced 3080Ti. Was going to get the 3090 and benchmarks scratched that idea.

1841 - 1860 of 3325 Posts