AVS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
(gaming settings HDR) game picture preset. backlight 100 Contrast 100 brightness 50
Sharpness 0 Color 100 Tint 0.Dynamic contrast off dynamic tone mapping On color gamut wide. Super resolution off. Color temperature cool. ( picture options) Black level low motion eye color off. Try this

·
Registered
3 Posts
K thanks …I’ll try this see if it helps. May be I am sitting too close to it…or I am just used to my Samsung Qled 28 inch monitor, but it just looks too dark.

Also I just realized that all of the people turning the local dimming off in this TV….are PS5 owners. Makes sense as the PS5 doesn’t support Free Sync, so the setting is available for them…and if you have free sync the local dimming setting is greyed out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok so i gave up on HDR all together in xbox series x, is impossible to play anything, is too dark...if I go in a cave (destiny 2), cant see anything inside, just too dark. I disabled hdr10 in xbox and jeeez what a difference, so clear and all looks way better. is this normal? should hdr look somewhat worrse...is anyone experiencing this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Under freesync premium, anyone know the difference between high and wide, and which would be the best setting for Xbox Series X console? Thanks for any help.
Neither, don't enable it. It disables dolby vision and isn't fully utilized in the programming of current games
(gaming settings HDR) game picture preset. backlight 100 Contrast 100 brightness 50
Sharpness 0 Color 100 Tint 0.Dynamic contrast off dynamic tone mapping On color gamut wide. Super resolution off. Color temperature cool. ( picture options) Black level low motion eye color off. Try this

·
Registered
7 Posts
got this tv few days ago, not sure if i should keep it or trade. (i have a horrible backlight bleed, plus that local dimming feature that we paid for is so bad, specially at dark room and dark scene. My only option with 2 or more than two hdmi 2.1 port with all those vrr and freesync feature is CX.
But the price is more than double and i am too afraid for burn-in as i primarily used this tv for ps5/PC monitor/ and watch streaming for like hours and hours of series, like say (funimation logo on top and some streaming sites with static logo. ) Also those pc icons, windows bar..etc are all burn in magnet.
current, was 85nano -$750 cad 49'
"if" i go for CX-$1999 cad 48'

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey guys just got my nano 85. Love the 120hz 2.1 for my Xbox but wow.. this is nuts. I got it exchanged and went with the nano 90 it should be here in a week.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
645 Posts
An update popped a few days ago... A friend thinks it made the local dimming better! some claimed it is the same...
No one here seems to have even noticed the new fw... It is in Europe and Middle East for what I confirmed

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello im trying to hook up a ps2 i get an av cable connected on the back of the tv in the yellow connector and the ps2 cable connected to this and i get no image
is it suppose to work ?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I'm really not familiar with either your TV or the PS2, but it sounds like you might be trying to connect composite video to a mini jack. In that case, you would need a mini male to RCA female adapter. Are you already using something like this to connect it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm really not familiar with either your TV or the PS2, but it sounds like you might be trying to connect composite video to a mini jack. In that case, you would need a mini male to RCA female adapter. Are you already using something like this to connect it?

this is what i have
but no video or audio

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
this is what i have
but no video or audio
Some of these cheap cables are color coded incorrectly. Try swapping the yellow video output from the PS2 cable to the red or white input jack of the adapter to see if that gives you a video signal. If that doesn't work, then I don't know what else to suggest.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So for the horrible clouding and local dimming that this tv has, i recommend using backlight on a value between 60 and 80, put local dimming on high otherwise you got so much clouding on panel and the major thing is to enable motion pro under TruMotion(User)... Motion pro will enable you to use local dimming cause without it you get too much clouding and without motion pro the way local dimming works is horrible.

·
Registered
645 Posts
no one seems to be aware here, but another update has been available for this TV...it appeared a few days ago and seems "critical"

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Mine updated recently, but I can't say I've seen anything different. No idea what the update was for.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
You can see what the updates do here under reference. LG Support
Interesting. They actually list at least some of the update info. That's far better than Samsung ever does. Thanks!

·
Registered
645 Posts
hi all
after 7 years with a small panasonic 42" 1080p TV...just got the nano85/86 in 55". where i live there are not that many option for now...that is the best "ok" TV i could get
anyway going from 42" to 55" is a shock during the first 36h or so...it just seemed TOO BIG for watching "normally"...
like expected i got wayyyyyy to used to my pany image...and disliked the LG colors etc...
after a lot of tweaking i managed to make it look very nice.

One thing i cannot figure out : does ARC (not E-arc) work on all hdmi ports since they are all 2.1 ??
or does it also work only on hdmi 3/earc port ???
@Lmex90 ? @willthetech or @Verskiy ?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey guys just got my nano 85. Love the 120hz 2.1 for my Xbox but wow.. this is nuts. I got it exchanged and went with the nano 90 it should be here in a week.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
That must be the worst LCD built I have ever seen. Horrible. Go to shop test QN90A or go for OLED. However A90J has horrible banding in 120Hz gaming as they seem to not have adequate smooth gradiation to combat it. Might be fixed with firmware. People have reported same for CX so I don't know if it can be fixed. Real cause is that none of TVs or Gaming consoles offer 48 Gb/s and 120Hz means lowering bit depth too much. However LCDs don't seem to have this issue for some reason.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts