AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that in the USA LG and certain dealers will start shipping the 86 inch version of 2020 LG Nano 90 series UHD 4k set this week of presently April 20, 2020.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It appears that in the USA LG and certain dealers will start shipping the 86 inch version of 2020 LG Nano 90 series UHD 4k set this week of presently April 20, 2020.
I have been looking at this set as well. The price is $300 above the 2019 model. I am not that tech savy, and couldn’t figure out if there was anything worth the fairly modest price increase.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Have high hopes for this tv since their UI is much better than Sony, but picture quality has always been a let down in past years.

·
Registered
161 Posts
2020 LG Nano 90

So, presumably some folks have the 86NANO90UNA at this point, the 55” starts shipping on Monday. Any thoughts if you own it? This is basically a review desert so we’ll have to lean on you guys if you purchased it. I’m holding off to see how it stacks up against other TVs at this point but I think we’re a little curious to see how it performs with the Forbes article implying some improvements.

·
Registered
790 Posts
So, presumably some folks have the 86NANO90UNA at this point, the 55” starts shipping on Monday. Any thoughts if you own it? This is basically a review desert so we’ll have to lean on you guys if you purchased it. I’m holding off to see how it stacks up against other TVs at this point but I think we’re a little curious to see how it performs with the Forbes article implying some improvements.
I don’t own it, but I think the panel is still IPS. If so, it’s never going to be great dark room/movie watching.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Find it strange that the 86” definitely shipped this week and got to some people but not one has posted a video, comment, tweet, etc. And of course you’re right, IPS can’t hang with high end VA but it’s still a curiosity to see if they could fix the dumpster fire 9000 from last year.

·
Registered
26 Posts
German retailer Saturn has the LG 55NANO917NA in stock.

Still waiting for the first review before ordering this(bad)boy.

·
Registered
161 Posts
B&H has the 55” in stock now. Most sites targeted an April 27 rollout of this size. Someone go buy one, review it, and return it if it sucks.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Does LG still resort to IPS panels as of 2020 or have they changed their higher end models to VA?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Read the updated review, it sounds somewhat improved but not significantly. 32 zones concerns me, how does this stack up to the q80t?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Read the updated review, it sounds somewhat improved but not significantly. 32 zones concerns me, how does this stack up to the q80t?

For me that dude lost some credibility, he says that the Nano90 has 4 x HDMI 2.1 which is false - it has only two ports. I would not be surprised if the dimming zones are not correct either.

Anyway i think a Q80T is going to destroy this TV - picture quality wise that is. LG has still the better features.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Isn't the Q80T much more expensive?? The viewing angles are crap but of course better blacks because of the VA panel.

I'll wait for a more professional review.

·
Registered
161 Posts
$250 more atm, that $250 could get you a better TV though. Have to wait for reviews and tests of all of these. Just knock me out and wake me up in a few weeks once everything has been released.

1 - 20 of 316 Posts