AVS Forum banner

281 - 300 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
x900h is brighter and does dark/black way better than nano90. It does have some issues though, best to check the owners thread about it. Oh, ATSC tuner 3.0 isn't enabled yet, it should be after a firmware update, but no ETA on that.

Reactions: jonny-zed

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well my ps5 was delivered finally Saturday. Mine was a bundle that came with Spiderman Miles Morales and a code for the original Spiderman remastered for ps5.

I'm here to tell you, it looks amazing. The tv does great with a game like this. If i was lg this is how i would market the tv. Its funny, the blacks look great in the game, much better than a hdr show, I just dont get it, I mean its a LOT better.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well my ps5 was delivered finally Saturday. Mine was a bundle that came with Spiderman Miles Morales and a code for the original Spiderman remastered for ps5.

I'm here to tell you, it looks amazing. The tv does great with a game like this. If i was lg this is how i would market the tv. Its funny, the blacks look great in the game, much better than a hdr show, I just dont get it, I mean its a LOT better.
Try setting the RGB range in PS5 video settings to RGB range Low/Limited.

PS4 and PS5 would often send wrong black levels when paired with LG TV's leading to black crush (everything looks darker/blacker), the game mode on LG TVs correct output is Low.

If things looks different then you got your answer, if not then it's possible the video content your watching doesn't work well with the PS5's forced HDR conversion.

·
Registered
16 Posts
  • Do I not have the settings right? I've been under the impression that choosing one of the preset modes was all you really needed to do with these sets, but perhaps I'm mistaken?
  • Are the recommended settings I've seen on the LG support website or rtings.com (LG NANO90 Calibration Settings) a good place to start? I will likely fool around with some of these.
  • Should I manually calibrate? I have an old AVS DVD that I used to calibrate my Samsung and I still have a blu-ray player that will play it. Will that tool work with this set the same way it did with a 1080p non-HDR TV? Or, is there another recommended tool that would work better with a 4k HDR set? And no, I'm not going to pay someone a lot of money to come to my house and calibrate this set.
Most of the preset modes are an abomination. The ISF Expert presets are OK, since they have all the extra processing turned off that can make the picture look over processed. Just turn off all the extra junk, then tune from there. I spent hours dialing mine in.

·
Registered
151 Posts
x900h is brighter and does dark/black way better than nano90. It does have some issues though, best to check the owners thread about it. Oh, ATSC tuner 3.0 isn't enabled yet, it should be after a firmware update, but no ETA on that.
Apparently the firmware update with ATSC 3.0 for the x900h was released today FYI.

·
Registered
103 Posts

Just got the same bundle but I don't believe I got a code for the other game. How was that delivered?

I agree the PS5 looks great on the LG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchased a 75 Nano 90 and I am getting an intermittent horizontal purple line across the bottom of screen. The purple line last about 1 second and happens maybe like 4 to 5 times a day. At first I thought it could be the HDMI cables so I changed them, then I thought it could be my receiver causing an a problem so I ran the cable box directly to the TV, still happens. I am also getting the same purple line when I use my Apple TV which is connected to a different HDMI port on the TV. Based on my troubleshooting, I feel it's the TV.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just got the same bundle but I don't believe I got a code for the other game. How was that delivered?

I agree the PS5 looks great on the LG.

In the miles morales game case there is a paper with the code in it, use that code in psn store to download it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I recently purchased a 75 Nano 90 and I am getting an intermittent horizontal purple line across the bottom of screen. The purple line last about 1 second and happens maybe like 4 to 5 times a day. At first I thought it could be the HDMI cables so I changed them, then I thought it could be my receiver causing an a problem so I ran the cable box directly to the TV, still happens. I am also getting the same purple line when I use my Apple TV which is connected to a different HDMI port on the TV. Based on my troubleshooting, I feel it's the TV.

Thoughts?
Seems like it. I'd call the retailer's customer service or LG to at least get a case opened. Don't forget to take a photo of the problem, or even better if you can, a video that captures the 1 second duration of the line so the customer service rep can see the issue "in action." If you recently purchased it, you're still under warranty. Hopefully you purchased it from someone reputable and they can simply replace it. I'd also push for them to unbox and physically set up the new set if they don't offer to do so. A 75" TV is not trivial to get set up. Good luck.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Can anyone point me to documentation on the various picture settings for these sets? The LG manual is useless. Thanks

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I just sold my Samsung QLED QN75FAN, do you guys think this will be an upgrade getting 75 NANO90 or look for something else.
Any advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just sold my Samsung QLED QN75FAN, do you guys think this will be an upgrade getting 75 NANO90 or look for something else.
Any advice will be appreciated.
No, not at all. The Samsung is superior by a lot (in my opinion). LG uses IPS panel and has poor native contrast and its local dimming is not nearly as good as Samsung. Stick with Samsung or perhaps Sony. Stay away from LG LED TVs.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
No, not at all. The Samsung is superior by a lot (in my opinion). LG uses IPS panel and has poor native contrast and its local dimming is not nearly as good as Samsung. Stick with Samsung or perhaps Sony. Stay away from LG LED TVs.
Too late I bought the LG 75 NANO90 and I can tell the difference, the LG doesn't have the pop brightness and color picture are the Samsung QLED, I am surprise that we are in 2021 and there's no perfect TV.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Too late I bought the LG 75 NANO90 and I can tell the difference, the LG doesn't have the pop brightness and color picture are the Samsung QLED, I am surprise that we are in 2021 and there's no perfect TV.
That’s too bad but are you able to return/exchange it? If not I’m sure it’s fine especially for day time or well lit rooms. It’s weaknesses will be more obvious in a dark room.

No there’s no perfect TV yet but I think when micro-led becomes commonplace we’ll be pretty close. I

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
That’s too bad but are you able to return/exchange it? If not I’m sure it’s fine especially for day time or well lit rooms. It’s weaknesses will be more obvious in a dark room.

No there’s no perfect TV yet but I think when micro-led becomes commonplace we’ll be pretty close. I
No return from the seller I bought it from, I am stuck with it, I wish I can find a good calibration setting as the picture is very dull.

·
Registered
19 Posts
No return from the seller I bought it from, I am stuck with it, I wish I can find a good calibration setting as the picture is very dull.
Rtings.com probably has something for settings. I’m sure they have reviewed the Nano.

For darker room viewing use bias lighting for better perceived contrast. A string around the back should do the trick and improve your viewing experience.

It’s not a completely horrible TV and you should be able to get a great daytime picture out of it with some tweaks. It’s the dim room viewing and HDR that you’ll notice its flaws.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here's what I run as a standard setting in a mildy lit room at night off a PC with a 3080 @ 4K 4:4:4 120hz for mixed PC desktop/browser/video/SDR gaming. Get good color pop/saturation, even greyscale and fairly deep blacks with no noticeable backlight bleed. 65" Nano 90 with ADS panel purchased in late Jan '21. Nvidia driver color settings set to "desktop programs", no tweaks to windows color/calibration. Looks great.

SDR Standard (user)
Backlight: 35
Contrast: 100
Brightness: 55
Sharpness: 17
Color: 60
Tint: 0
Color Temp: 0

Advanced Controls:
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Dynamic Color: Off
Color Gamut: Auto
Super Resolution: Off
Gamma: Medium

Picture Options:
Noise Reduction: Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Smooth Gradation: Off
Black Level: Low
Real Cinema: Off (greyed out)
Motion Eye Care: Off
LED Local Dimming: High
TruMotion: Off

HDMI Deep Color: On
Eye Comfort Mode: Off
Filmmaker Mode Auto Change: Off
Energy Saving: Off
Aspect Ratio Settings: Original

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Here's what I run as a standard setting in a mildy lit room at night off a PC with a 3080 @ 4K 4:4:4 120hz for mixed PC desktop/browser/video/SDR gaming. Get good color pop/saturation, even greyscale and fairly deep blacks with no noticeable backlight bleed. 65" Nano 90 with ADS panel purchased in late Jan '21. Nvidia driver color settings set to "desktop programs", no tweaks to windows color/calibration. Looks great.

SDR Standard (user)
Backlight: 35
Contrast: 100
Brightness: 55
Sharpness: 17
Color: 60
Tint: 0
Color Temp: 0

Advanced Controls:
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Dynamic Color: Off
Color Gamut: Auto
Super Resolution: Off
Gamma: Medium

Picture Options:
Noise Reduction: Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Smooth Gradation: Off
Black Level: Low
Real Cinema: Off (greyed out)
Motion Eye Care: Off
LED Local Dimming: High
TruMotion: Off

HDMI Deep Color: On
Eye Comfort Mode: Off
Filmmaker Mode Auto Change: Off
Energy Saving: Off
Aspect Ratio Settings: Original
Thank you I am going to try these settings.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Guys I am pulling my hair out, I can't seems to get magic remote to control other devices, Roku FIRETV Nvidia Shield etc..
Can someone please help...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

281 - 300 of 316 Posts