AVS Forum banner

21961 - 21980 of 22281 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I recant my comment about the new software 03.23.06 being fine, I have no audio via ARC! It worked fine after the first reboot, but today when I turned on the set nothing. After 45 minutes of plugging and unplugging, digging through menus, looking at the settings on my AVR, nothing. If I press volume up on the remote I get a greyed out circle with a line through it. I've rebooted, turned earc on and off, switched from ARC to internal speakers and back, nothing. When set to the correct input for the LG, my AVR shows Analog on the display, so it looks like the LG is not outputting a signal via ARC.

On a related issue, I wish there was a way to totally disable the internal speakers as others displays have. I will never use the internals, amazed at how crappy they sound when I turned them on today. For some reason the LG defaults to them when it does not sync up via CEC with my avr. Very annoying.
Yeah, I haven't solved my vizio soundbar playing nice with my CX. I'll go to turn volume up, then I'll either get the "NO" signal for volume or the "1-100" scale for internal speaker volume. Although I will say it hasn't happened as much recently. On a few rare occasions, I've had to unplug soundbar and restart it, to get it to work. That is much more of a pain in the butt, than the occasional "switch to internal, then back to Arc" issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Should have followed my instructions, that was the first thing I said to try and luckily the simplest.
I tried power cycling and unplugged everything and hdmi I mean everything reset TV 5 times now. Left power off all night everything unplugged and still nothing. My CX arc is broken. It doesn't even work with my other older Arc soundbar at all. no sound. I tested both soundbars after on my other LG TV and both soundbars are working perfect. So it's the CX's ARC that as the issue. My TV was perfect until update released 3.23.06. Thank god I have 20 days left in my warranty. I called the shop where I bought it and they are coming to take it and try to sort it out? I'm very sceptical if they will fix it? I don't care as long as I get it back working with ARC

·
Registered
55” LG CX, JBL Bar 9.1
2,507 Posts
I tried power cycling and unplugged everything and hdmi I mean everything reset TV 5 times now. Left power off all night everything unplugged and still nothing. My CX arc is broken. It doesn't even work with my other older Arc soundbar at all. no sound. I tested both soundbars after on my other LG TV and both soundbars are working perfect. So it's the CX's ARC that as the issue. My TV was perfect until update released 3.23.06. Thank god I have 20 days left in my warranty. I called the shop where I bought it and they are coming to take it and try to sort it out? I'm very sceptical if they will fix it? I don't care as long as I get it back working with ARC
Did you try the other suggestions I had posted? The fix varies for me.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Damn. Seeing all the ARC issues I am so glad I decided to keep my dedicated streaming device and upgrade my AVR to a 4K capable unit instead of attempting ARC from the LG to the old AVR.

Frankly I saw the issues a friend has had for years just trying to keep a basic soundbar connection working correctly. This is on an older plasma and thought that issues may have gotten better over the years. I see that is not the case.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Updated my CX 77 to 03.23.06 last night and got a little worried with the Arc comments. I have my Xbox And PlayStation going to the TV, then eArc back to a Denon X6700 for audio. Booted up both consoles and audio is working without issue, albeit only browsing around the menus and booting up one game each console. Haven't noticed any other obvious changes yet either.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
30,875 Posts
Updated my CX 77 to 03.23.06 last night and got a little worried with the Arc comments. I have my Xbox And PlayStation going to the TV, then eArc back to a Denon X6700 for audio. Booted up both consoles and audio is working without issue, albeit only browsing around the menus and booting up one game each console. Haven't noticed any other obvious changes yet either.
It is a gamble at every update. Pros and cons to each one it seems.

·
Registered
LG GX65 - Sonos Playbar/Play:1s/Boost - Apple TV4K - OPPO BDP83 - BDI Avion Noir with Arena Mount
76 Posts
Updated my GX 65 to 03.23.06 last night and everything seem to be working fine on my fairly simple setup, without an audio-video receiver.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I’ve been having a lot of problems with sound cutting out and crackling after the .21 update. Usually pausing whatever I’m playing and playing again fixes it. Happens on streaming apps and blu-rays.
I had an issue with many dropouts as well, but on all firmware. I discovered it was my HDMI cable. It claimed to be 4k capable but I think while streaming 4k content it didn't have the bandwidth and the audio skipped.

I swapped it out with another cable and all skipping went away. I need to find a ~20' HDMI that has full bandwidth as I'm now just using a shorter temporary one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Glad to help. I hate when things don't work like they should so I spent quite a lot of time when I first got the set plugging and unplugging things and running into issues but it's been great since. Once in a while, the AVR does fail to turn on with the tv, but luckily, turning the AVR on with the AVR remote restores the chain and it continues to work like it should.
Used it all evening with no problems. Just sat down this afternoon and right back to the same issue. Followed the same steps and got it back working today, but man, I just can’t/won’t do this daily! It’s silly.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have a weird issue with 03.23.06, when I press the play button on my sony bluray player remote all hdmi inputs on my lg cx become de-selected. This arose after the update.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Guys, I have the 65" CX and LOVE it. Had it for about a month now, but I want to ask you guys about how I have things set up and see if you might think I could be doing better:

I have a Denon S950H receiver, PS5, Nintendo Switch and Apple 4k TV.

Right now, I have the PS5, Switch and Apple TV running via HDMI into the receiver, I passthrough the video with no scaling or other effects into the the TV's HDMI1. This way, I turn on the receiver, choose the component and turn on the TV. That's it. Since it's all on HDMI1, I calibrated for the 3 signal types on that one input and I'm done.

I've considered running each component into the TV and then run HDMI audio out to the receiver (that's the eARC thing? not familiar with it), which then I would need to choose the component on the TV each time (unless it can auto switch somehow?).

I already know that the PS5 going right into the TV is advantageous because the receiver isn't HDMI 2.1 and can't do 4k @ 120Hz... which I might not ever use anyway. I have used 1080p @ 120Hz and it works fine. Not sure I care.

I was also considering that I might be able to ditch the Apple TV all together and just use the TV's apps.... I like the Apple TV, but I like the idea of less devices... although I dislike the LG remote almost as much as I dislike the Apple TV remote!

So, if I use the TV's apps, can the picture be calibrated per app? Or is it still be input or signal type?

Thanks for the feedback! :)

·
Registered
LG OLED55CX, Yamaha RX-V581 AVR, Luminoodle bias light, Panasonic UB820 UHD blu-ray
10 Posts
Guys, I have the 65" CX and LOVE it. Had it for about a month now, but I want to ask you guys about how I have things set up and see if you might think I could be doing better:

I have a Denon S950H receiver, PS5, Nintendo Switch and Apple 4k TV.

Right now, I have the PS5, Switch and Apple TV running via HDMI into the receiver, I passthrough the video with no scaling or other effects into the the TV's HDMI1. This way, I turn on the receiver, choose the component and turn on the TV. That's it. Since it's all on HDMI1, I calibrated for the 3 signal types on that one input and I'm done.

I've considered running each component into the TV and then run HDMI audio out to the receiver (that's the eARC thing? not familiar with it), which then I would need to choose the component on the TV each time (unless it can auto switch somehow?).

I already know that the PS5 going right into the TV is advantageous because the receiver isn't HDMI 2.1 and can't do 4k @ 120Hz... which I might not ever use anyway. I have used 1080p @ 120Hz and it works fine. Not sure I care.

I was also considering that I might be able to ditch the Apple TV all together and just use the TV's apps.... I like the Apple TV, but I like the idea of less devices... although I dislike the LG remote almost as much as I dislike the Apple TV remote!

So, if I use the TV's apps, can the picture be calibrated per app? Or is it still be input or signal type?

Thanks for the feedback! :)
The internal apps all count as one input, so it’s a single calibration for all of them.

To be honest, if you’re happy with the way things work now, and your AVR can pass through HDR, Dolby Vision and whatever other standards you require, I’d stick with it as it is!

·
Registered
44 Posts
The internal apps all count as one input, so it’s a single calibration for all of them.

To be honest, if you’re happy with the way things work now, and your AVR can pass through HDR, Dolby Vision and whatever other standards you require, I’d stick with it as it is!
Thanks. I am thinking you're right. Will eARC pass other input's audio back to the receiver? Or will it only pass the TV's audio back?

·
Registered
LG OLED55CX, Yamaha RX-V581 AVR, Luminoodle bias light, Panasonic UB820 UHD blu-ray
10 Posts
Thanks. I am thinking you're right. Will eARC pass other input's audio back to the receiver? Or will it only pass the TV's audio back?
If your receiver is eARC compatible, the TV will pass through the TV‘s audio (inc. Dolby Digital+ and compressed Atmos from the apps), plus uncompressed audio from external devices, including full-fat Atmos. I don’t think it will pass through DTS formats though as LG dropped DTS support on the CX.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Used it all evening with no problems. Just sat down this afternoon and right back to the same issue. Followed the same steps and got it back working today, but man, I just can’t/won’t do this daily! It’s silly.
Is the tv renaming the HDMI input when this happens? That's how I was able to tell that things went bad is when the HDMI 2 input got renamed to something other than Denon. And yeah, I went through 8 resets in one week before I finally figured out what device on the Denon was causing it and ran it directly to the tv. Like I said, the software that controls the HDMI inputs on these tv's is HORRIBLE. I wish I could offer more help but without actually looking at your setup, it;s hard to tell what is causing the issue.

21961 - 21980 of 22281 Posts