AVS Forum banner

22001 - 22020 of 22281 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Out of curiosity, how long have people with ARC issues had their TV? Is it mainly earlier units or new ones also?

I just got one and plan on hooking it up to an AVR and now I'm paranoid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
After updating to 03.23.06 my avr doesn't turn on anymore with my remote but it's because it seems like my settings revert back to internal speakers and not the avr. All I have to do is change it from internal speaker to hdmi and the avr turns on as normal.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm getting crazy with arc and hdmi cec issues. I had a C8 with an Onkyo 686 receiver and I had problems with sources that switched on while I was using a different one, sometime the screen went black, sometime no audio coming from arc. Now I have a GX and a Denon 3700 receiver and I have the same problems and even worst. Now the situation is this:
Source automatically switching still remain but it happens more often;
If I turn on just the tv I have to switch audio from arc to internal speakers every single time;
Often no audio come from the receiver despite the tv is on arc; I have to turn internal speakers on than back to hdmi arc and hope it works;
Names of the sources randomly change; I had Chromecast (for Stadia), PS5, Xbox series X, Nintendo Switch and Nvidia Shield tv connected to the Denon and the tv shows whatever she likes, so maybe I'm using PS5 but the HDMI 2 port will show Chromecast. When I set everything on day 1 the names switched accordingly with the change of source but now is broken;
Denon amplifier is set to passthrough Nvidia Shield tv withouth switching on the av receiver and that I can change sources without the av receiver turning on. Despite this settings the Denon turns on every single time, from the tv, I switch from external sources to the internal apps.
I have tried to turn off every hdmi cec control both on tv and av receiver but nothing has changed.
I had to connect ps5 and xbox to the tv because I had problem switching sources (the tv doesn't show image when I change the source on the av receiver) but now I have the tv that randomly switch to the ps5 (hdmi cec is off on the ps5) when I'm using internal apps or external sources.
Randomly the tv shows a running yellow line on the bottom of the screen; I think is something related to voice control but voice control is off on the tv.
Please help me!

·
Registered
543 Posts
After updating to 03.23.06 my avr doesn't turn on anymore with my remote but it's because it seems like my settings revert back to internal speakers and not the avr. All I have to do is change it from internal speaker to hdmi and the avr turns on as normal.
I have seen a few mention this now, not noticed issues myself with 3.23.06, I have Sonos Arc. Hopefully LG will fix this issue, be sure to contact LG though, more that do, hopefully the quicker they release a fix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm getting crazy with arc and hdmi cec issues. I had a C8 with an Onkyo 686 receiver and I had problems with sources that switched on while I was using a different one, sometime the screen went black, sometime no audio coming from arc. Now I have a GX and a Denon 3700 receiver and I have the same problems and even worst. Now the situation is this:
Source automatically switching still remain but it happens more often;
If I turn on just the tv I have to switch audio from arc to internal speakers every single time;
Often no audio come from the receiver despite the tv is on arc; I have to turn internal speakers on than back to hdmi arc and hope it works;
Names of the sources randomly change; I had Chromecast (for Stadia), PS5, Xbox series X, Nintendo Switch and Nvidia Shield tv connected to the Denon and the tv shows whatever she likes, so maybe I'm using PS5 but the HDMI 2 port will show Chromecast. When I set everything on day 1 the names switched accordingly with the change of source but now is broken;
Denon amplifier is set to passthrough Nvidia Shield tv withouth switching on the av receiver and that I can change sources without the av receiver turning on. Despite this settings the Denon turns on every single time, from the tv, I switch from external sources to the internal apps.
I have tried to turn off every hdmi cec control both on tv and av receiver but nothing has changed.
I had to connect ps5 and xbox to the tv because I had problem switching sources (the tv doesn't show image when I change the source on the av receiver) but now I have the tv that randomly switch to the ps5 (hdmi cec is off on the ps5) when I'm using internal apps or external sources.
Randomly the tv shows a running yellow line on the bottom of the screen; I think is something related to voice control but voice control is off on the tv.
Please help me!

Same here. I'm in the UK. After update ARC doesn't work. Goes to internal speaker. I called LG and I was one of the early victims on this issue. A rep forced ARC on my TV, but sound was broken and no atmos. only pcm or dd.20. The place I bought TV from just picked it up this morning. LG said it was probably just needed a update, but they said let the retailer pick it up. So really they'll just update it there and say they fixed it and send back. Stupid LG and there over bloated software. Every update they make breaks something?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm in the UK too. I had problems before the update but now they are worse. In my case I get Atmos but need some time to get the sound from the speakers (around 10/15 seconds).

·
Registered
183 Posts
So on my LG CX I use eARC to send dolby atmos from my XSX to my av receiver and PCM from my PS4 pro to my receiver. Since the latest update 03.23.06 , I can no longer get dolby atmos or PCM to be sent over eARC, only dolby digital. I have tried power cycling everything, switching between internal speakers and ARC and nothing seems to work. It seems plenty of people have ARC issues with this update (I bit the bullet and upgraded the firmware before waiting to see if there was any bugs :/) I already put in a ticket with LG Support. Anyone possibly have a workaround? I heard doing a full reset on the TV helped one person, but I am hesitant to do it (re-do all the picture settings) unless someone else confirms it fixed the issue.

Thanks

·
Registered
55” LG CX, JBL Bar 9.1
2,507 Posts
Sounds like a real clusterf*ck of an update. I hope everyone puts tickets in with LG so they see there’s a big problem here. I just hope I don’t accidentally click yes to the update one of these days. I came close today.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sounds like a real clusterf*ck of an update. I hope everyone puts tickets in with LG so they see there’s a big problem here. I just hope I don’t accidentally click yes to the update one of these days. I came close today.
Unbelievable they don't let people the ability to downgrade the firmware if it can solve a problem like this instead of calling the reseller and all the waste of time and money it means...

·
Registered
122 Posts
So I just opened my new 65CX and I can't get it to power on.

Is there something special you have to do or is this DOA? There's no damage to the display box. I tried pressing the button on the bottom and the power button on the remote and nothing. It's plugged into the same outlet as my old TV.

Spent all morning getting this thing in here and unpacking it and now...?

Also there's not even a standby light. Nothing at all happens when I plug the TV in. Tried multiple outlets.

·
Registered
131 Posts
So I just opened my new 65CX and I can't get it to power on.

Is there something special you have to do or is this DOA? There's no damage to the display box. I tried pressing the button on the bottom and the power button on the remote and nothing. It's plugged into the same outlet as my old TV.

Spent all morning getting this thing in here and unpacking it and now...?

Also there's not even a standby light. Nothing at all happens when I plug the TV in. Tried multiple outlets.
Sounds DOA. Sorry.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sounds DOA. Sorry.
That's what I'm thinking. How does this even happen? They had to test it at the factory. I don't see where it's been banged around.

If so this is the first DOA product I've ever had in my life and I've spent 10s of thousands on electronics over the years. Already packed up my old TV. I'm just glad I tested it before putting it on the stand.

·
Registered
131 Posts
That's what I'm thinking. How does this even happen? They had to test it at the factory. I don't see where it's been banged around.

If so this is the first DOA product I've ever had in my life and I've spent 10s of thousands on electronics over the years. Already packed up my old TV. I'm just glad I tested it before putting it on the stand.
Did you try another power cord?

·
Registered
124 Posts

Is it a CX3?

22001 - 22020 of 22281 Posts